The E3 Thank You Thread

• 55 results
#1 Posted by Brendan (7734 posts) -

This is a thread to show our appreciation to the crew for a kick-ass E3. The last live stream may still be in progress, and there is clearly tons more content still yet to be seen, but as E3 is officially over I feel like now is the appropriate time to say:

Thanks guys, you made this E3 a blast to watch and listen to. The live streams were fantastic. Never stop!

#2 Posted by jorbear (2517 posts) -

Thank you, Giantbomb. Here is a gift to show my appreciation.

#3 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

Where the fuck is Ice-T?

#4 Posted by Brendan (7734 posts) -

@jorbear said:

You monster! If only I could go back in time to erase seeing that video...

#5 Posted by jorbear (2517 posts) -

@Brendan said:

@jorbear said:

You monster! If only I could go back in time to erase seeing that video...

Oh we can...

Doodlie-doodlie-doodlie-doop.

#6 Posted by LiquidSwords (2738 posts) -

So ends another E3! So exhausted!

#7 Posted by TheHT (11090 posts) -

Till next year, rock n roll. <>
#8 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -

<3

#9 Posted by lavaman77 (567 posts) -
@jorbear said:

Even after pausing the video i can still hear him.

What have you done??!!
#10 Posted by Red12b (9084 posts) -

It's been mighty bitchin

#11 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

I had a bad but beautiful love for the chat when we hated the life of stream data coming our way early on and in hindsight, a little over the top, but the 20 plus hours or more after that...fucking solid gold.

#12 Posted by rmanthorp (3910 posts) -

My favourite thing to come out of E3: POWWWAAAAAAAAH 

#13 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6139 posts) -

Seriously, thanks for the most entertaining E3 coverage I've seen yet, and thanks to all the folks behind the scenes for kicking ass. Weeks like these are why I subscribe to this site with no regrets. Keep the pimp hands strong.

#14 Posted by Kandycane2029 (511 posts) -

Thanks, Jeff, Ryan, Will, Alex,  Guests, and most importantly: THANK YOU VIDEO CREW!!! Vinny, Drew, and everyone else behind the scenes. You guys made my week awesome!!

#15 Posted by granderojo (1778 posts) -

Best podcasts we've ever had, thankyou guys.

#16 Edited by Rudeboy217 (1766 posts) -

I love you all! Thank you Giant Bomb crew for all the hard work you put into covering E3.

#17 Posted by djames216 (369 posts) -

I'd just like to add my thanks to all the GB crew - Jeff, Vinny, Ryan, Brad, Patrick, Drew, Joey (Did I miss anyone? I hope not.) for all the awesome work you've put into E3 2011.  I'm amazed at how you manage to work the E3 floor/attend "media briefings" during the day then podcast in the evening till 2am!  Awesome work guys.

#18 Posted by Rahf (126 posts) -

Thanks for providing great content and some fantastic discussions during the podcasts. David Jaffe and Jonathan Blow really got some interesting stuff going. Johnny V and David Boyes were as usual great additions, I don't think those guys can be boring when they're in a room full of people and they're feeling comfortable.

#19 Posted by TomA (2531 posts) -

NEVER STOP!!!!

#20 Posted by AyKay_47 (293 posts) -

I fucking love everything you guys do, and all this E3 shit just blew my mind. If you had a lifetime subscription tier right now...I'd probably pay for it.

#21 Posted by Tetharion (23 posts) -

I just joined recently, but really enjoyed your coverage and tuned in for every bombcast. And of course will continue to do that :)

Amazing work, thanks a lot everyone!

#22 Posted by Manhattan_Project (2135 posts) -

The past few days are the reason why I give my money to Whiskey Media. Thank you Giant Bomb.

#23 Posted by readymix (175 posts) -

definitely gotta give thanks to the duders. thank you for all the amazing content.

AND THAT WAS E3!

#24 Posted by Zero_ (1973 posts) -

The streams tipped me over to buy a membership. They were quite literally the culmination of everything awesome about GB packed into 3 days (... except, maybe minus the first day).

#25 Posted by g6065 (273 posts) -

I was considering writing a kiss ass email to express my gratitude. 

Instead I'll write a kiss ass forum post to express the same thoughts. 

You guys are fucking amazing. 

Thank You.

#26 Posted by DallyDoll (175 posts) -

Dear Giant Bomb, 

Thank you for an amazingly entertaining week. I love you guys!

#27 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

I hate to be an ass but the GB stuff was hella boring this year 

i spent the entire 3 days watching Gamespot @ E3 live. tons of fucking footage

#28 Posted by BabaORiely (98 posts) -

Was that necessesary? Go troll somewhere else.

Also, I just wanted to thank the Bomb Squad for what they do to their bodies every E3. It's real to me, damnit!

#29 Posted by SBYM (1219 posts) -

So much podcasting. Of course, the wrap-up videos continue Giant Bomb's reign of having some of the best event coverage on the net; quality over quantity.

#30 Posted by rawrsair (821 posts) -

Good coverage guys

#31 Posted by zombie2011 (4972 posts) -

GB did a great job. 

The podcasts were great, however i hope they do something a little different next year.

#32 Posted by emergency (1193 posts) -

The E3 coverage has been amazing, loving the interviews and the massive bombcasts.

#33 Posted by BonOrbitz (2182 posts) -

Thanks Giant Bomb! I hope you all don't get sick and violated by that giant octopus. See you on the other side...

#34 Posted by RagingLion (1365 posts) -
@CaLe said:

I want a podcast with Ken Levine, Tim Schaeffer, David Jaffe, Ed Boon, Amy Hennig, Jenova Chen and Johnathan Blow. Thanks.

That'd be a line-up I'd be down for.  The podcasts have been really excellent the past few days and I still have more to watch.  The wrap-up videos are absolutely top notch again.
#35 Posted by Brendan (7734 posts) -

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

I hate to be an ass but the GB stuff was hella boring this year i spent the entire 3 days watching Gamespot @ E3 live. tons of fucking footage

There's a lot of coverage you can only get from a big site with tons of manpower, like Gamespot. I loved Giantbomb's content this year for the fantastic casts and the great talent they have for interviewing and connecting with devs on a social level. This site definitely doesn't cover every base though, so it's understandable why a lot of people will look to other sites during big events. As Giantbomb grows, it will only get better :)

#36 Posted by phish09 (1109 posts) -

You don't need E3 as an excuse to keep doing those awesome Live Streams.  I'd love to see more of that.  

Thanks for providing me with all the E3 coverage a guy could possibly want. 

#37 Posted by Rapid (1358 posts) -

Thank you Giantbomb been tired at work this whole week, staying up to watch the live streams but it was worth it.

#38 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

Ya thanks guys for making me stay up tell 4 am.

#39 Posted by MattSchwabby (117 posts) -

huge thanks from me for all your E3 coverage. Giantbomb is the only place i go for gaming news.

#40 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5253 posts) -

Thanks for all the hard work guys!

#41 Posted by WickedCobra03 (2103 posts) -

I totally agree! All of this content, live streams and all the content continually going up on Giantbomb has been fantastic. I have loved the live streams for all ... what 4 nights now. The topics were great, guests were awesome and even loved that ...what others called boring... in-depth talk about the development side and behind the curtain stuff!

And ryan, god, sitting and hosting these things for like a bajillion hours live every night until whatever time in the morning... THANKS!

#42 Edited by StriderNo9 (1085 posts) -

I was about to make a thread just like this, glad I did a search. I wanna say the GB coverage this year kicked ass. They beat out everyone including G4 which had live coverage but still lacked a lot of actual content.

The Bombcast were epic and long as hell and the on the floor original footage was the best in the industry. Bravo.

@WickedCobra03 said:

...what others called boring... in-depth talk about the development side and behind the curtain stuff!

Totally agree, it was really interesting, I wanted more of it.

#43 Posted by leebmx (2238 posts) -

Really loved the in depth industry talk in the first 2 podcasts and the general quality and quantity of guests. I don't think any one does gaming in such a humorous and intelligent style anywhere on the internet.

#44 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Good work, Jeremy.

#45 Posted by SSully (4147 posts) -

Agree with everyone else. The coverage was great, and the bombcasts were outstanding. I couldn't have asked for more. Thank you Giantbomb!

#46 Posted by RYNO9881 (625 posts) -

Great work guys, thanks for all the amazing coverage.

#47 Posted by rmanthorp (3910 posts) -

Everybody we rollin'

#48 Posted by RiotBananas (3600 posts) -

The amount of Power videos I made, I think I can probably claim some percentage of royalties for making Kanye so much money.

#49 Posted by sawfish22 (237 posts) -
@Sparky_Buzzsaw said:

Seriously, thanks for the most entertaining E3 coverage I've seen yet, and thanks to all the folks behind the scenes for kicking ass. Weeks like these are why I subscribe to this site with no regrets. Keep the pimp hands strong.

Absolutely agree.  Best coverage of any site.  I love the personality, effort and timeliness you guys put into everything on the site during this year's E3.  Keep up the kick ass work, duders!
#50 Posted by Mordebir (134 posts) -

Thank you everyone at Giantbomb for another great coverage of E3!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.