Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2011

Concept »

The 2011 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) took place at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California on June 7-9.

Who had the best conference?

• 162 results
    mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By mutha3

I am seriously bamboozled that people actually voted MS. Are there some closet Kinect fans at GB? I mean, don't get me wrong, all 3 conferences sucked, and I only voted Nintendo over Sony cuz they had a sweet live band--

But MS?

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Nintendo by a wide margin. Microsoft had no new games (save for Halo) and Sony's was just plain boring, with the exception of one or two things.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By penguindust

EA had the best presentation, but of the 3 console makers, I liked Sony the best although just marginally over Nintendo.  What is comes down to is what product I found more exciting, and for me, that's the Sony Vita.  I am interested in the existence of the Wii U, but I need to know why I, as an avid gamer, need this system when I have a PS3 and 360 already.  As far as handhelds go, I have a DS Lite, so I could use a new generation of portable, but I'm unconvinced that the Wii U will be the comparative leap that the Vita will be over the DS Lite.  Yes, I know games are the key, but just judging the tech, I'm siding with the Vita.  Back to the console makers, there were more games in the Sony conference that appealed to me than in the Nintendo one.  Now, next year, when the Wii U game makers have some real games for it to show, then things could be different.  I'll vote in that poll next year.   Oh and Microsoft comes in dead last since I have no interest in Kinect.

All three presentations had long periods of boredom for me, which is why EA wins if we include all 6 press conferences.  There's was short and very focused to my needs.  I appreciate that.

shootermcclay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By shootermcclay
    @gorkamorkaorka: The video shown for the Wii U was not impressive. I was expecting the games to be significantly better looking than PS3/360 games, but the graphics were not even close to the best games of this generation. I understand that it will take time for developers to max out the capabilities of the hardware, but it just was underwhelming.
    Avatar image for scrumdidlyumptious
    Scrumdidlyumptious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have no interest in what Nintendo presented, but their press conference was straight to the point so I was never bored. Nintendo wins even though I liked Sony's stuff better.

Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By Bear

EA definitely was the best. Not only did it cut straight to all the awesome games, it also had the only legitimate humor out of any conference when Tim Schafer said, "Release the simulated family!". I also liked their subtle stabs at other companies and game series.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#57  Edited By TheHBK
    @mutha3 said:
    I am seriously bamboozled that people actually voted MS. Are there some closet Kinect fans at GB? I mean, don't get me wrong, all 3 conferences sucked, and I only voted Nintendo over Sony cuz they had a sweet live band--  But MS?
    I would say it is understandable.  Look at what they showed off, Halo, Gears, MW3, Kinect stuff, lots of good games for this year.  Nintendo still has not sold me on the 3DS because of the games.  I dont care about Star Fox or Icarus, and while I like Mario and Zelda, I dont see the possibilities for 3rd party games.  Vita on the other hand...  But also, the Vita did not get a release date, and it might be 2012.  THe WiiU is cool but no games are even ready to be shown, no specs given which leaves questions.  So MS has the best conference for games of 2011.  They give the most to look forward to this year.  Which is what I want.  I don't want 2012 dates on this crap.  I want, fall 2011.  Because that is what E3 2012 for, future stuff.
    Xander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Xander

I voted Nintendo. Sony next, then Microsoft. 

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

@Bear said:
    EA definitely was the best. Not only did it cut straight to all the awesome games, it also had the only legitimate humor out of any conference when Tim Schafer said, "Release the simulated family!". 
    Wasn't that Microsoft's press conference?
    DjCmeP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#60  Edited By DjCmeP

All three were boring but Nintendo had the best one.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By mutha3
    @TheHBK said:
    I would say it is understandable.  Look at what they showed off, Halo, Gears, MW3, Kinect stuff, lots of good games for this year.
    Military shooters and Kinect is "good stuff" to you? To each his own, then.....
    Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Winternet

Nintendo. Not because it was better, but because it was the most memorable. When you'll talk about E32011 you're going to say "that was the E3 they talked about WiiU".

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Wuddel

I would include Ubisoft and EA as well. AssCreed, BF3 and ME3 look sweet.

Among these 3? Sony. Nintendo is still only making kids games I still not care about, and the NGP looks cool considering the price.

lawlerballer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By lawlerballer

EA

Kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#65  Edited By Kyle

Sony. Nintendo's was just mostly remakes or games from series i'd played a hundred times, and the Wii U just seems like a system with auxiliary features I will never use, with games that are coming to other systems I already own.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By mutha3

Ah, if we're including 3rd parties, ubisoft definitely stole the show, even with its terrible host. Asscreed+Rayman Origins= fuck the rest.

NissanSkyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#67  Edited By NissanSkyline

3 hardcore exclusive games for the whole year vs. bunch of portable games everybody would prefer on ps3 vs. new original console 
    Clear winner

FirePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#68  Edited By FirePrince

Sony.
    For me though, Microsoft, because it's the console I own.
    Also, have fun playing Battlefield 3 on a six inch screen.
    I'm going to get a lot of shit for this.Also, Wii-U seems........questionable.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#69  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @HandsomeDead said:
    Sony, by far. And even then, no one had anything on EA.
    MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By MezZa

Nintendo was the most entertaining to watch. The zelda orchestra and stuff put their conference over the top for me since I've been a zelda freak since childhood. WiiU looks interesting but they didn't show enough yet. Sony's definitely a close second though. That conference pretty much sold me on wanting a vita.

virtua_ben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#71  Edited By virtua_ben

Nintendo for sure. They didn't exactly explain the WiiU that well (nor did they name it well) but the fact that nintendo is trying to bring the hardcore back is something that makes me happy. I'm also excited to see what they do with the new controller...it'll be great for local multiplayer.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#72  Edited By GunstarRed

I liked Microsoft the most and only really due to them showing Gears 3 and Tomb Raider. I found the Sony one to be so , so, so boring after giving us Uncharted  straight away, and as amazing as that game looks it was nothing we havent seen before from that series. The Nintendo one was just confusing.  

I enjoyed seeing raccoon Mario in 3D. 

EA was the best by a mile.
    BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#73  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Sony. I don't think any of the press conferences were abysmal, but Sony was the only conference that had stuff that I cared about.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

Now that I kinda get what the WiiU console is all about, I would have to say Nintendo and Sony tied. Microsoft had nothing I was interested in.

Kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#75  Edited By Kyle

@mutha3 said:

Ah, if we're including 3rd parties, ubisoft definitely stole the show, even with its terrible host. Asscreed+Rayman Origins= fuck the rest.

I agree, Ubisoft had a ton of great games to show off. I thought their conference was, maybe if not the overall best, at least the most consistently interesting. And even if Mr. Caffeine was a little... odd... at least he knew how to speak, which is more than I can say for some of the people at the other shows.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By onarum
    @FirePrince said:
    Sony. For me though, Microsoft, because it's the console I own. Also, have fun playing Battlefield 3 on a six inch screen. I'm going to get a lot of shit for this.Also, Wii-U seems........questionable.
    You do realize that playing on the controller would be completely optional right?
    PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

@FirePrince said:

Sony. For me though, Microsoft, because it's the console I own. Also, have fun playing Battlefield 3 on a six inch screen. I'm going to get a lot of shit for this.Also, Wii-U seems........questionable.

Uh...I don't think you quite get it yet.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By RE_Player1
    EA.... but of those three I would give it a tie between Nintendo and Sony.
    memo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By memo

Sony blew me away with the PS Vita and how it will work.  But I would have to give it to Nintendo overall because of the support they are giving 3DS with great games to come and a new console. Lets not forget what Nintendo said Super Smash Brothers on 3DS and Wii U. OMG 

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By ProfessorEss

Sony then MS then Nintendo as a distant third.

Totally a taste thing, Nintendo's stuff just does not interest me at all anymore.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By WinterSnowblind

@Ventilaator said:

Anyone who says Microsoft is a liar, an idiot, a Microsoft employee, or all three

Why? They actually showed a lot of impressive games and some cool new tech, even if the majority of the kinect crap doesn't appeal to anyone on this forum. They were also the only ones with a real megaton announcement, even if it managed to get leaked just before the show.

Sony didn't have anything we didn't already know about, and although the Vita was pretty cool, it's falling into the same trap the PSP did. Everything available can also be played on the PS3. In my opinion, this was easily the most boring show.

Nintendo's was easily the best, even if I'm not quite sure how I feel about their new system.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By JJOR64

Nintendo easily.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Marcsman

None of the above
    JerichoBlyth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By JerichoBlyth

Nintendo's has everyone talking and Sony didn't really offer much...

Sony's 3DTV solution is forcing me into something I don't want to buy into. At least Nintendo aren't making a bigger version of the 3DS and keeping it unique to that handheld in particular.

I feel that the Wii U definetely got over well enough to merit a 'win' for Nintendo at this year's E3. So congrats.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#85  Edited By EuanDewar

EA but that's not an option in this poll. God knows why.

Famov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Famov

Nintendo, and though I have not yet watched the EA and Ubisoft conferences it is unlikely my opinion would change. Also, Nintendo is crazy. Even if I wasn't invested in Nintendo games, I'd need the Wii U just for the novelty factor of whatever on earth it is. I'll probably buy the 3DS this summer for Star Fox, even if I should really know better. The Vita, on the other hand, doesn't do anything for me. It needs to remind me less of the PSP before I consider it.

Cathryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#87  Edited By Cathryn

For me, Sony. What I wanted was more details on Vita, and I got the info I was waiting for.

I'm far more interested in hands-on impressions of the Wii-U than I am in Nintendo trotting out developers to tell me how revolutionary it is, so Sony had more of what I wanted than Nintendo did.

GS_Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#88  Edited By GS_Dan

Sony showed good games and the NGP. Nintendo at least showed some ...interesting things. I won't speak of MS's conference.

ShadowVirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#89  Edited By ShadowVirus

Nintendo. 

Microsoft showed some good games but they're all stuff we've seen before, Gears 3, MW3, Mass Effect 3. Halo 4 was the only big new game to be honest, and I hate halo, but seen as it's being developed by 343 it could be good. I think the best things to come out of Microsoft was Youtube on the console, Minecraft and the new dash looked OK. The cloud storage stuff that was announced after the show is great and should have been on the show. 

I don't own any Sony products so the Sony conference was really relevant to me and I was getting very bored towards the end. But the 3D TV, and the split screen which shows to different screens is probably one of the best things from E3 this year. Uncharted 3 looked very cool, Resistance and Dust looked a bit generic for me. The PSVita and the games for it all seemed very neat.  

Nintendo had a lot of cool games being announced, although they were pretty much all for the 3DS which I don't even have, but will definitely be getting one after today. Star Fox 3DS and Luigi's Mansion 2 where the biggest announcements from the 3DS games that I got excited over the most. The WiiU looks very cool, I was a bit confused at first but I think I understand it now and can't wait. The few games that were announced for it are all gonna be on 360/PS3 as well but it will be interesting to play them with the extra screen. 

Nintendo had more for me, which is why I voted for them. 
    Of course EA and Ubisoft had some good games announced, SSX, Rayman and Assassisn Creed all look fun.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#90  Edited By Hizang
    @EuanDewar said:
    EA but that's not an option in this poll. God knows why.
    Because this poll is about the main three..
    DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By DystopiaX

Nintendo

Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like everyone who says Nintendo is just conditioned to say Nintendo wins every E3.

evilhomer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By evilhomer

Nintendo than Sony.

Real winner was the 3rd party games though.

RoyCampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By RoyCampbell

Nintendo!

No douchebag presenters, no generic punk/guitar riffs when a presenter would take the stage, no cheesy boilerplate dialogue, no corporate gloating that I'm aware of...

And we got fucking games announced. Luigi's Mansion 2?! UNF GIMME. Microsoft's conference is always so, so difficult to sit through. All the Kinect shit and constant "WE WANNA MAKE THIS YOUR ONE STOP SYSTEM FOR ENTERTAINMENT. ALSO, SOCIAL, SOCIAL, FAMILY, CASUAL, NEW EXPERIENCES, FACEBOOK, SOCIAL, KINECT, OH HERE'S ICE-T AND CLIFF BEING AWKWARD." 

Nintendo made E3 for me. I was less than impressed with Sony and Microsoft. And no, I may be coming off as a "fanboy" (eugh) but the only Nintendo console I have in my possession this gen is a DS. I should try and set up a cringe count for next year's E3 and see who tops the list.

ventilaator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By ventilaator
    @WinterSnowblind said:

@Ventilaator said:

Anyone who says Microsoft is a liar, an idiot, a Microsoft employee, or all three

Why? They actually showed a lot of impressive games and some cool new tech, even if the majority of the kinect crap doesn't appeal to anyone on this forum. They were also the only ones with a real megaton announcement, even if it managed to get leaked just before the show.

Sony didn't have anything we didn't already know about, and although the Vita was pretty cool, it's falling into the same trap the PSP did. Everything available can also be played on the PS3. In my opinion, this was easily the most boring show.

Nintendo's was easily the best, even if I'm not quite sure how I feel about their new system.

If by "A lot of impressive games" you mean a quick squirt of "halogearscallofduty" in the middle of a conference full of complete and utter bullshit then sure.

Microsoft is doing now what Nintendo now realized was wrong. Nintendo said "The core gamers also matter, we THINK" while Microsoft went "Kinect Fun Lab Partytime Adventure Games: Getting Groovy, YOU ARE THE CONTROLLER"

If the controller is still a thing in their future, why do they spend so much time telling us about how completely awkward and difficult a controller is to use? They are focusing HEAVILY on Kinect, and all Kinect can do is rail shooting.

The whole time they talked about Gears or Halo or Call of Duty, it seemed like a desperate gasp of "But still, serious busines you guys" to make all the hardcore people shut up so they could continue with their bullshit.
    monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#96  Edited By monkeyking1969

It was easily Sony has to lose given all the hurdles they had to clear before they could even start running the foot race, but they pulled it out without a doubt.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Karl_Boss

I'll say Microsoft cause that's the only one I watched and I only watched part of it.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By phrosnite

Nintendo

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By FritzDude

None.

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By imsh_pl

I went with Sony.

I liked the Nintendo conference, but their reveal of a new system felt a bit... I dunno, underwhelming. At least when comparing to the huge lineup they had for the 3DS last year. I still liked it though, it was a good conference.

Microsoft was completely horrible. A pile of terrible Kinect minigames, and their big reveal was that of another Halo game. I feel like they're starting to lose the stalemate status they have had with Sony for the past few years. I'd say they need a pretty big push to catch up, either a new home console or a portable.

I liked Sony's conrefence the most not only because of the Vita reveal (and the surprisingly good pricing), but also because of the direction they decided to go with the Move. They showed some pretty strong games, introduced a great Move bundle and showed an awesome TV changing the way split screen games will be played. 
    The PS Vita had a good and strong lineup, the PS3 games were great and the tie-ridge racer smack talk was surpisingly funny.

EA had a very good conference too.

Overall: I think this year's conferences were pretty strong, on par or maybe a bit weaker than last year's.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.