Am I the only one who liked the Microsoft Press Conference

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by tsiro (214 posts) -

Nope, I liked it. I'm super excited for Halo 4 and Tomb Raider, and I think that SmartGlass, despite the silly name, has the potential to be really influential. The rest, even if it wasn't targeted at me, was fine. I can't wait to see SmartGlass "in the wild", though. It's really exciting to finally see technologies like that finally showing up.

#52 Posted by wewantsthering (1586 posts) -

Yes.

#53 Posted by AuthenticM (3786 posts) -

yes you are

#54 Posted by KaneRobot (1784 posts) -

Jeff probably said it best on Twitter - "I think people getting all disappointed by this year's press conferences probably need a history lesson on what end-of-cycle E3s looks like."

It was not a good presentation, but I don't get why anyone would go in with lofty expectations when we're at this point in the console's life and they aren't talking about new hardware yet. This is the console's SEVENTH YEAR and we still have well over another year to go. I'm as reluctant to move on from it as anyone but at some point you have to be realistic. As long as MS doesn't give it the XBox treatment (ie pretending it doesn't exist the moment the next console is out), I'm fine.

#55 Posted by AndrewB (7686 posts) -

Halo 4 and more Kinect. Even Sony, who I'd have expected to be equally laggy in the calm before the new console storm, had some stuff to show. But I guess if selling your console is no longer a priority as you begin to wind things down, focusing on the connectivity tech makes sense. It just doesn't help the fact that my 360 is as dusty as my Wii (although the Wii is no longer plugged into anything anymore).

#56 Posted by EXTomar (4917 posts) -

I get people should set their expectations at the end of the cycle but that doesn't mean vendors are free to try to manufacture excitement like this either. They are doing it to hype up retailers but when we see it we see it and smell it and it stinks.

#57 Posted by Gamer_152 (14099 posts) -

If you want to discuss the Microsoft conference we have a thread for that specific purpose over here. We don't really need another.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.