#51 Edited by TheKing (830 posts) -

Ubisoft

Sony

Nintendo

EA

Microsoft

(They were all bad though.)

#52 Posted by Marz (5648 posts) -

yeah other than the dumb youtuber on the stage show, i think Ubisoft brought the games people really wanted to see and had the strongest show.

#53 Posted by Lava (665 posts) -

I thought Sony and Ubisoft did the best. Nintendo's was such a let down. They had a huge chance to show off what the Wii U could do power-wise and they completely failed to do so. If they are launching this holiday season they should be showing off Zelda and more Mario and just stuff that Nintendo fans want. Sony could have done more with the Vita but that finale with The Last of Us is kind of a show stealer.

#54 Posted by Panpipe (473 posts) -

All about the girl wood.

#55 Posted by Zor (654 posts) -

Can I choose None? But seeing how that isn't a option, I would rank them in the following order.

1. Ubisoft had the best games, but the worst conference hosting.
  2. Nintendo had some solid titles, but didn't have any show stoppers.
  3. EA did alright, but overall it was average
  4. Sony's conference was forgettable, for the most part (wonderbooks aren't books, gah...)
  5. Microsoft... well, it seem that they should have just pre-taped their stuff, since the live show didn't seem to serve any purpose.
#56 Posted by jjnen (661 posts) -

@connerthekewlkid said:

ubisoft but tobuscus annoyed me to no end

I think it's in the contract to be as awkward and unnatural as possible for Ubisoft's press conference's hosts.

#57 Posted by Rawrz (590 posts) -

Ubisoft easily. The big 3 only showed like 1 or 2 cool things each while Ubisoft had Assassin's Creed 3, Splinter Cell, and Rayman which all looked awesome as well as to me the game of the show, Watch Dogs which looked amazing.

#58 Posted by Butano (1731 posts) -

Ubisoft for sure, but I don't see why people thought Microsoft was terrible. Sure it wasn't focused on games as much as the others, but some of the new features for the Xbox were cool. Though it did have Usher....

#59 Posted by Kidavenger (3532 posts) -

I haven't watched Nintendo other than the pre-show hardware video, but of the others, Sony had the best showing with games that I will actually buy, Beyond: Two Souls and The Last of Us. If Sony had gone first and been able to show AC3 and FC3 first instead of last, I think their presentation would have been that much more impactful. Dropping Infamous 2 and LBP2 into PS+ is huge.

If nothing else, I think Sony made it very clear that they have the most and the best 1st party developers and they are looking very good going into the next gen unlike Microsoft.

#60 Edited by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Ubisoft was as hit-or-miss as the rest but at least they were showing games that I actually gave a shit about.

#61 Posted by Superkenon (1418 posts) -

When was Konami's conference?

#62 Posted by IchiroYagiza (442 posts) -

Ubisoft/Sony

#63 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

Sony did it for me , sure Ubisoft showed 3 good games but that's what they do make games and that's what most people are interested but I think Sony showed stuff that I care the most the part ,PS+ is seriously cool, Beyond looks pretty interesting and The Last of Us is the game of E3 for me, Watch Dogs looks cool but I take that as a demo probably won't even see it for current-gen consoles if it's that ambitious and I knew enough about the games I'm excited about Metal Gear Rising , Resident Evil 6 , Assassin's Creed 3 so I stand neutral, equally if not a bit more excited for some of those games nor Microsoft or Nintendo did anything to entice me to buy their consoles , don't care about tablets either so ... I'm Ok with this year's E3 now I need to see some more DOA5 and Tekken Tag 2 stuff and I'm good!

#64 Posted by RadixNegative2 (511 posts) -

It's a mix between Sony and Ubisoft for me. Sony had Beyond and The Last of Us while Ubisoft had Watch Dogs and Assassins Creed 3.

I think I'll go with Sony mainly because of The Last of Us.

#65 Posted by Arker101 (1474 posts) -

From Best to Worst

Ubisoft

Sony

EA

Microsoft

Nintendo

#66 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -

It's close between Ubisoft and Sony. Ubisoft showed quite a few very interesting games, and there were some hilariously awkward moments (and Flo Rida), but they seemed to be pandering a bit too much, I.E. Farcry 3. Watch Dogs looked very good though, and it was a nice reveal. Sony also had some pretty funny moments (the entirety of the much-too-long wonderbook segment), and some very intriguing games (Beyond, Last of Us), but I'm not sure I like what they're doing with the Vita, giving it some probably really crappy ports of console games at simultaneous release, and focusing on cross-play between console and handheld that requires the user to still buy two copies of what is essentially the same game. Maybe if they allow people to upgrade their console games to a portable pass for a reduced price, then the system would make more sense.

EA was boring and pointless--I honestly don't remember seeing a single game I'm remotely excited about. Ditto for Microsoft. Nintendo, despite Reggie actually being the only person at E3 to make me laugh unironically, really didn't give me anything to make me want to buy a WiiU or a 3DS. Nintendo makes games that are meant to be very game-y, cartoony, bright and fun, and their focus on getting the 3rd party support I already have on my PS3 and 360 didn't interest me at all, neither do their mini-game collections, karaoke games, or various 2d Marios. Maybe if they finally announced something Earthbound related, or perhaps a Fire Emblem localization, they could have me, but Nintendo just can't compete with Sony and Microsoft for my "core game" attention, especially if the only things they bring to the table are 2d platformers, mini-game collections, and a touch screen.

#67 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19329 posts) -

I've only really seen Ubisoft's and Sony's, but from everything I've read, I'd most likely have preferred Ubi's out of all of them because of what they showed. The hosts were unbearable for me, but the content easily redeemed that.

#68 Edited by Jimbo (9800 posts) -

Ubisoft showed about 4 games on the bounce that I would like to buy (as long as they don't vandalise the shit out of them with always-on DRM).

(edited for chav)

#69 Posted by Three0neFive (2291 posts) -

Microsoft's conference was a fucking abysmal pile of shit that made me ashamed to play videogames.

EA's was wholly uninteresting.

Ubisoft had cringe-worthy presentation, but fucking knocked it out of the park with Rayman, Far Cry 3, and Watch Dogs. Holy shit, Watch Dogs...

Sony's was pretty good - on one hand the book stuff was absolutely embarrassing, but at least The Last of Us and Beyond look really awesome.

#70 Posted by JonathanAshleyMoore (283 posts) -

Ubisoft certainly took the crown, there's no doubt about that shit. Sony was second.

Me and my friends generally sat judging everything everyone said throughout, but with Ubisoft we were pretty much silent cause everytime someone started to speak, GAMES!

#71 Posted by Addfwyn (1921 posts) -

Sony, easily. Beyond and Last of Us alone would have been enough to cinch it. I know Quantic Dream does amazing animation, but Beyond was incredible. Huge glut of PS+ stuff too that seems to be a bit overlooked. The book stuff was a low point, but otherwise it was firing on all cylinders basically. I'd have liked to see more Vita stuff, but I have more than enough there already to occupy myself really.

MS I was hoping for a surprise, but all we really saw was another Halo. It was a bit disappointing, but they did basically already beat Nintendo at their own gimmick so that is something.

Nintendo was the lowest part by far. About the only thing that could have got me excited was them being like 'The Wii U is actually a big joke, you think we'd seriously sell something like that? Here is our real console". This did not happen.

Ubisoft...don't really know what was going on there. Though the Ubisoft I was most excited about was going on at the Sony press conference anyway. EA was solid and very EA but again, no big shockers. Overall, I think Sony really had the only surprises for me, and the most pleasant ones.

#72 Posted by Hector (3359 posts) -

I'd say Sony has the best to offer, followed by Nintendo.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.