Food plans for E3?

#1 Posted by crusader8463 (14415 posts) -

Perhaps it's just me, but as someone who is not a sports guy I don't have the equlivent to the annual day long Super Stanley Mega Mania Cup Bowl event that a lot of people do. For me, it's E3. Sitting around all day watching all the day one live streams, talking about how uneventful the conferences were on forums, chatting about how dumb it was that they are making another god dam COD, moaning about how sick and tired I am of seeing another 5 COD clones that get announced each year at these things, and then getting into bed late at night to watch all the Giant Bomb things is the closest thing I have to a day long Super Stanley Mega Mania Cup Bowl event.

So for me, I tend to make a day of it and was wondering if anyone else had any plans to do something similar. I already got several cases of pop so I'm set on that front. After work tonight I'm thinking of stopping at one of the 24 hour grocery stores and picking up a couple frozen pizzas, some of those weird frozen taco wrap things, and maybe some ice cream and/or chips since I was able to get my weekend off this shift bid to be Monday/Tuesday. So I don't have to worry about doing anything but E3!

#2 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

I'm on the greatest diet and weight loss streak of my life, I won't ruin it just for E3. Will continue eating little bread and a lot of cabbage salad. I will miss turning into a pig in front of my PC for 3 days though :(

#3 Posted by Positrark (316 posts) -

If you're serious about making a day of it I would do some actual cooking. I mean you're comparing it to a Super Bowl party and frozen pizzas would never fly at a Super Bowl party. Look up some good manageable Super Bowl recipes and go to town. A lot of the prep for a homemade pizza and other recipes can be done in advance.

#4 Edited by aquamarin (555 posts) -

I've only done the gaming-as-event thing a couple times, but it was for a game release, so I bought stuff that was easy to eat while I played. When I'm buying junk I like to get stuff I haven't tried before, for me any established brand of crackers or chips with a *NEW!* flavor is immediately in the cart. I recommend the new Buffalo or BBQ wheat thins, Goldfish Mix-Up Adventures Pizza and Parmesan, Ruffles Ultimate Sweet Smokin BBQ chips, Doritos Jacked Enchilada flavor. Also, Beef Jerky and energy drinks.

#5 Posted by A_Dog (743 posts) -

Beer.

#6 Posted by Nux (2306 posts) -

I pretty much try to do the same thing as you, so when I'm making a day of E3 I get a bunch of chips and melt a bunch of cheese on them, then put bacon bits on it and finish up with sour cream. After that I'll have reguler chips, maybe order a pizza and or make some pizza rolls. This is just for the first day of E3. I watch G4's week long coverage of E3 so during the rest of the week I tend to go lighter on the food stuff as day one tends to leave me in a food coma. But this year I want to try to have a different kind of junk food each day of E3, so for the rest of the week I'm thinking of getting the Taco Bell 12 taco box one day, maybe make chili another day, and maybe some popcorn and Ice cream to finish out the week.

That's what I'm planing on eating for E3 week. Having all this food so close together might sound gross and maybe it's a little much but I too don't like sports and E3 is my excuse to eat crap for a week and that's ok by me.

#7 Posted by Positrark (316 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic: Weight loss is solely dictated by caloric intake. As long as you restrict that to around your required amount, 3 days of junkfood will do you no harm.

#8 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3112 posts) -

I never pay too much attention to the news when it's breaking, I just listen to the podcasts the night of. So basically whatever I eat while listening. It could vary greatly.

#9 Posted by InternetCrab (1504 posts) -

Pizza, soda, and Tuc's.

#10 Posted by Winternet (8008 posts) -

A bunch of cereals

#11 Posted by DjCmeP (1148 posts) -

Energy drinks..that's about it.

#12 Posted by believer258 (11683 posts) -

Frozen pizzas? Are you fucking nuts? Get a couple of pizzas from Pizza Hut or something at least!

Beyond that, a ton of sodas, a bunch of Cheez-Its, and a willingness to work it all off the next week.

#13 Posted by crusader8463 (14415 posts) -

@believer258 said:

Frozen pizzas? Are you fucking nuts? Get a couple of pizzas from Pizza Hut or something at least!

Beyond that, a ton of sodas, a bunch of Cheez-Its, and a willingness to work it all off the next week.

Kind of hard when you live in the country and the closest Pizza place is a half an hour drive one way.

#14 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

I don't change my diet because of E3...

I'll be cooking normal food, with fresh ingredients but try and do as much prep work ahead of the conferences as possible so I miss maybe five or ten minutes at most.

#15 Posted by Overbite (200 posts) -

I am going to eat steaks all E3. Big steaks and macaroni and cheese.

#16 Posted by TheSlothKing (330 posts) -

I'm going to eat a boat load of fruit and smoothies during e3.

#17 Posted by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

I'm on the greatest diet and weight loss streak of my life, I won't ruin it just for E3. Will continue eating little bread and a lot of cabbage salad. I will miss turning into a pig in front of my PC for 3 days though :(

I know how you feel man. I have to eat super super healthy too for training purposes. Its good and bad. But props for sticking with it. You'll see the results you want soon enough.

#18 Posted by believer258 (11683 posts) -

@crusader8463 said:

@believer258 said:

Kind of hard when you live in the country and the closest Pizza place is a half an hour drive one way.

Heat them in the microwave, it's still better than frozen pizzas.

#19 Posted by StarvingGamer (8040 posts) -

I'm about to move so I'll just try to make whatever is left in my fridge edible.

I'm slightly annoyed that my choir rehearsal is going to make me miss the only press conference I actually care about, but since it's a rehearsal for this year's Video Games Live E3 concert at the Nokia Theater I guess it's a fair trade.

#20 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6389 posts) -

Food that is really bad for me.

#21 Posted by crusader8463 (14415 posts) -

@believer258:Each their own. Forzen pizza is perfectly fine for me.

#22 Posted by Fattony12000 (7098 posts) -

SO MANY BISCUITS

#23 Posted by JacDG (2114 posts) -

Water, fruit.

#24 Posted by PHenry1991 (137 posts) -

Tea and a Granola bar. Because I'm worth it.

#25 Posted by Kiera (245 posts) -

So your big plan is to sit at home all day eating junk food and bitching and moaning on forums with strangers? And how does this big E3 plan differ from every other day of the week exactly?

#26 Posted by laserbolts (5314 posts) -

Dammit I wish I didn't have to work. Looks like i'm going to miss the conferences.

#27 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

@Kiera: sick burn.

#28 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

I'm ordering a medium pepperoni lovers pizza and plan on eating the whole thing tonight (thin crust of course). Then I'll probably sous vide a couple pork chops during the day tomorrow. I'll figure out the rest as it nears.

#29 Posted by evildeadron (830 posts) -

@Kiera said:

So your big plan is to sit at home all day eating junk food and bitching and moaning on forums with strangers? And how does this big E3 plan differ from every other day of the week exactly?

/thread

#30 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6389 posts) -

@MrKlorox said:

I'm ordering a medium pepperoni lovers pizza and plan on eating the whole thing tonight (thin crust of course).

Okay, here's what you need to do: If you haven't ordered already, change that shit to deep dish. Or, if you have ordered already, you call that place immediately and tell them to switch it to deep dish. I had half of a medium pizza (deep dish, of course) last Friday and it was the greatest experience of my life. You need to have that experience too.

#31 Posted by aquamarin (555 posts) -

@crusader8463 said:

@believer258:Each their own. Forzen pizza is perfectly fine for me.

Yeah it's good, plus delivery pizza costs like way too much these days to order in the I-hate-myself-and-I'm-gonna-eat-this-whole-thing kinda way.

#32 Posted by Pezen (1567 posts) -

I see myself drinking so much tea the world might see a shortage of it. On top of that, maybe some sugar free energy drinks. Maybe make a batch of nachos unless my wife cooks real food. Either go healthy and get some nuts and fruits or dive back into my old classic overeating of candy and snacks. Whatever happens I expect to work extra hard at the gym post E3.

#33 Posted by DukesT3 (1893 posts) -

Glass of scotch. Maybe some wings from bww

#34 Posted by crusader8463 (14415 posts) -

@Kiera said:

Every other day of the week I gotta work and am lucky to have a couple hours a day of free time. I'm far from a healthy eater, but tomorrow I look Mr. Heart Attack and Mrs. Diabetes directly in the eyes and yell at the top of my lungs " Come at me Bro!"

#35 Posted by CallMeTetris (72 posts) -

BBQ chips and hella Hawaiian Punch. Maybe make a PB&J during the more boring parts, frozen pizza if I'm really hungry.

#36 Posted by Deusx (1903 posts) -

A gun.

#37 Posted by supamon (1333 posts) -

I got cereal, popcorn, chips and frozen nuggets all stocked up. E3 starts around midnight for me but I got 24hour food places near my place so I'm good if I'm looking for something more substantial.

E3 HYPE TRAIN!!

#38 Posted by JonathanAshleyMoore (281 posts) -

@Positrark said:

@AhmadMetallic: Weight loss is solely dictated by caloric intake. As long as you restrict that to around your required amount, 3 days of junkfood will do you no harm.

Debatable.

#39 Posted by crusader8463 (14415 posts) -

Well my plans went to shit. Turned out since last night was Sunday the 24 hour grocery stores all decided to close at 5pm so they were not open by the time I got off work around 1am. I had to settle for some crappy frozen pizza with the works that has been sitting in the freezer for forever. It had the works on it, so it was rather revolting. I picked off all the shitty stuff they put on top, but you could still taste it. :(

Oh well. At least I still have ice cream. Cookie dough ice cream!

#40 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -
@Godlyawesomeguy: Nah, I'm finished with pizza hut's "deep dish" crust. It used to be all I ordered since I started ordering pizzas as a kid. But now it's too much bread and the way Pizza Hut scrimps on the cheese, there are so many bare spots of pizza sauce that form. Now all I order is thin crust, because I eat pizzas for the toppings.

Now if they offered actual deep dish, then hell yeah.
#41 Posted by SJSchmidt93 (4888 posts) -

Steak and shimp stir fry..... /drool

#42 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

People actually sit around and watch E3 non-stop?

#43 Posted by crusader8463 (14415 posts) -

@PrivateIronTFU said:

People actually sit around and watch E3 non-stop?

Why not? There's like an hour or so break in-between to do other stuff, but it can easily be an all day event.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.