I am so sorry Mr. Caffeine.

• 51 results
#1 Posted by Simplexity (1382 posts) -

I never understood how truly funny you were.

#2 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

Nope, he was still awful.

#3 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

Uhh okay.

#4 Edited by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

Yeah, Mr. Caffeine is still pretty bad. Worse than this.

#5 Posted by Pezen (1567 posts) -

He was horrible. This dude isn't great, but it's not making me want to set my computer on fire and throw it out the window.

#6 Posted by BombcastGoldthwait (250 posts) -

You joking? This guy was not good, but come on, Mr. Caffeine was the worst... THE WORST!

#7 Posted by Kidavenger (3512 posts) -

@Pezen said:

This dude isn't great

Dude looks like a lady?

#8 Posted by BisonHero (6235 posts) -

@BombcastGoldthwait said:

You joking? This guy was not good, but come on, Mr. Caffeine was the worst... THE WORST!

Mr. Caffeine was so bad and universally reviled that he had decent meme potential. The hosts this time were just kind of lame F-list celebrities. Mr. Caffeine was like a Z-list celebrity who was gloriously terrible.

#9 Posted by crusader8463 (14415 posts) -

These guys were just bad. Coffee guy was actively annoying.

#10 Posted by wumbo3000 (942 posts) -

Let's see what the Ubisoft press conference looked like...a year ago. DOODLY DOODLY DOOP.

#11 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

Yeah, these guys were worse this year. Girl Wood was a classic moment, though.

#12 Posted by Rmack (1075 posts) -
#13 Posted by jorbear (2517 posts) -

Tobuscus made Mr. Caffeine look like Kevin Butler

#14 Posted by ErrorOperator (458 posts) -
#15 Posted by ApolloBob (570 posts) -

I sentence you to hear "Epic fail, YIKES!" on infinite repeat until you come to your senses.

#16 Edited by ShaggE (6348 posts) -

@BombcastGoldthwait said:

#17 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Toby for president!

#18 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

I'd rather have Mr Caffeine than Tobuscus.

#19 Posted by AnimalFather (800 posts) -

that woman was super hot!

#20 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

Seeing that Ubisoft has been the best press conference so far, I would say you mad, son.

#21 Posted by Nilazz (608 posts) -

A guy famous from youtube co-hosting? Come on! Ohh well at least Aisha Tyler is hot.

#22 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -
@Nilazz said:

A guy famous from youtube co-hosting? Come on! Ohh well at least Aisha Tyler is hot.

Tobuscus typically does his Youtube-ing solo.
#23 Posted by CaLe (3916 posts) -

I don't get it. I found last years guy funny and this years guy just as funny. Maybe my expectations are just very low.

#24 Posted by innacces14 (735 posts) -

This just in; we got footage of Yves Guillemot showing his reaction to the Ubisoft press conference response...

...triumph...

#25 Posted by Nilazz (608 posts) -

@SuperWristBands: Yeah I know, I usually watch his videos and he should stick to the solo thing. BUT he can be kinda funny when he interviews developers. But on a script? That didn't go over so well if you ask me, and maybe I should blame the ones who right all that stuff and not him.

#26 Posted by NegativeCero (2976 posts) -

Nope, they were both awful.

#27 Posted by StalkingTurnip (150 posts) -

Mr. Caffiene was just awkward and had terrible jokes. Youtube people are never funny removed from the youtubes and that woman's jokes kill puppies

#28 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -
@Nilazz said:

@SuperWristBands: Yeah I know, I usually watch his videos and he should stick to the solo thing. BUT he can be kinda funny when he interviews developers. But on a script? That didn't go over so well if you ask me, and maybe I should blame the ones who right all that stuff and not him.

I agree that he can be pretty funny and I felt like Aisha was smacking down anything he tried to do. I can't tell if that was all scripted (and bad) or if she just isn't good at rolling with things. It also doesn't help that there isn't really anything to work with at these kinds of things. What is there to joke about? Apparently jokes that assume we are still juvenile boys who are only interested in guns, boobs, and lady wood.

I agree with blaming the people writing it because they shouldn't be trying to make it a comedy. Most entertaining thing I've seen all day was Watch Dogs, Farcry and Rayman. All of those didn't try to be funny, they just showed off great looking games.

More of that please!
#29 Posted by Irvandus (2826 posts) -

Toby was himself, did not play well on a script and did not mesh with the chick at all.

#30 Posted by Nilazz (608 posts) -

@SuperWristBands: Well, you've got good taste! Because those games BLEW me away!

#31 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -
@Irvandus said:

Toby was himself, did not play well on a script and did not mesh with the chick at all.

Mhm agreed. You said it much more succinctly then I managed to.
#32 Edited by QuistisTrepe (628 posts) -

@jorbear said:

That's supposed to be a compliment? Kevin Butler is arguably among the worst faces of any gaming company ever.

EDIT: Just rewatched Mr.Caffine. Far better than Kevin Butler. I'll take some no talent uberdork like that over some smug ass hole.

#33 Posted by jonano (363 posts) -

Aisa would have been good if it wasn't for that annoying Toby guy .

#34 Posted by Icicle7x3 (1174 posts) -

I hate you Toby!

#35 Posted by Dixavd (1305 posts) -

They were both bad - I blame whoever is writing these damn scripts. Both of them can be funny (as I have seen Mr Caffiene in interviews and Toby on his channel ect...). Seriously, all of it is scripted so blame the writers.

#36 Posted by TheHBK (5466 posts) -

Aisha was mad hot. I don't know what she said or did, but man, that is one hot gaming girl.

#37 Posted by GaspoweR (2830 posts) -

Joel mchale was still probably the best hist so far.

#38 Posted by Simplexity (1382 posts) -

@TheHBK said:

Aisha was mad hot. I don't know what she said or did, but man, that is one hot gaming girl.

Girl wood.

#39 Posted by Grillbar (1798 posts) -

Aisha Tyler was so fucking annoying i normally dont mind tobuscus but the banter was urgh

also

#40 Posted by Pezen (1567 posts) -

@Kidavenger: I liked Aisha, so no I'm not referring to her. Just that "Co-Host" travesty Tobuscus.

#41 Edited by ThePhantomnaut (6187 posts) -

What's a Tobuscus? Sounds like a bad tasting cracker. Wow I just made a bad racial joke. Sorry but he was annoying in bad taste.

#42 Posted by Deathmachine117 (377 posts) -

I feel bad for the woman just because she had to be onstage with that annoying gentleman.

It makes me wish for Joel McHale again even though I do recall his material was just dreadful.

Has their ever been a good E3 host ? Jamie Kennedy does not count.

#43 Posted by SpydrMrphy (88 posts) -

This Tobuscus kid was more than annoying. After everyone stated he was some You Tube "star" I took a look, just made me want to kill him more. Hopefully Ubisoft will just do a simple, easy press conference next year and stop farming there ideas out to 12 year old stoners.

#44 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@SpydrMrphy said:

This Tobuscus kid was more than annoying. After everyone stated he was some You Tube "star" I took a look, just made me want to kill him more. Hopefully Ubisoft will just do a simple, easy press conference next year and stop farming there ideas out to 12 year old stoners.

Wait, there were 12 year old stoners on stage too? 
Stoners on stage? and no grenades were dropped? Damn it! 

I blame the writers of the terrible script, but most people here won't even know what that means so your childish rage is understandable.
#45 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2008 posts) -

@ZeForgotten: For better or worse, I could not tell whether or not Toby was following a script or not. Parts of his interaction with Aisha Tyler came out as kind of awkward so it seemed to me he was at least deviating from a script at the least.

#46 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

Ubisoft was the greatest conference in years. I was highly entertained the whole show, the hosts made me lol a few times, and they had amazing games.

#47 Posted by LibrorumProhibitorum (340 posts) -

Mr. Caffeine was so bad he was good. These two hosts were painful.

Yeah keep saying girlwood, someone will eventually find you funny if you keep saying it.

#48 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2008 posts) -

@LibrorumProhibitorum: Did Aisha Tyler bring up girlwood multiple times? I must have not been paying attention.

#49 Posted by S0ndor (2715 posts) -

@QuistisTrepe said:

@jorbear said:

That's supposed to be a compliment? Kevin Butler is arguably among the worst faces of any gaming company ever.

EDIT: Just rewatched Mr.Caffine. Far better than Kevin Butler. I'll take some no talent uberdork like that over some smug ass hole.

Arguably as in not at all. You didn't like him, but the rest of the world did. "Smug asshole?" Kevin Butler was just playing a part on stage and in the commercials. Lighten up, man.

#50 Posted by dudeglove (7688 posts) -

PR really likes to shoot themselves in the foot. Bring back Kevin Butler.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.