Nintendo Direct Pre E3 Conference

• 166 results
#1 Posted by ArcLyte (883 posts) -

So, Nintendo is making an announcement today, June 3rd at 3:00 Pacific/ 6:00 Eastern. it starts in about 40 minutes.

Here's the video stream of the conference http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nintendo-direct-pre-e3-2012-en

NeoGAF is losing their shit over this, and i have to say that i'm quite hyped as well.

#2 Edited by Ducksworth (660 posts) -

I want to say I'm cautiously hyped but I've already gotten comfortable and am really just killing time until it starts.

Alternately, you can also watch it here (probably best if we have a few sources): http://www.nintendo.co.jp/nintendo_direct_pre_e3_2012/en/index.html

I've never really watched these presentations before. Are they usually in English?

#3 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

lets see what happens.

#4 Posted by Marz (5648 posts) -
#5 Posted by Seb (358 posts) -

HYPE TRAINNNN CHOO CHOOOOOOO

#6 Posted by Lego_My_Eggo (1024 posts) -

@Ducksworth said:

I've never really watched these presentations before. Are they usually in English?

If it is a major announcement they usually are translated, and since it looks E3 related i assume it will be in English.

#7 Posted by Commander_Crichton (155 posts) -

My body is indeed ready.

#8 Edited by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

Oh nice, I thought I was going to have to watch it on facebook, this seems easier.

Also what chance is there that they will change that awful name? Has it been confirmed it's Wii U?

#9 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19321 posts) -

I don't get it. Why are they doing something like this when they can announce whatever they want to during their press conference Tuesday? Unless it's something relatively insignificant so they don't want to spend time on it during their E3 conference.

#10 Posted by FinalDasa (1588 posts) -

"Concept behind the WiiU"

Sounds like a half hour about why they made the WiiU.

Good idea from Nintendo, get press today and on Tuesday all about your new hardware.

Moderator Online
#11 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

RETRO!

RETRO!

RETRO!

RETRO!

#12 Posted by kurtbro900 (117 posts) -

My body is reggie.

#13 Posted by Elyk247 (366 posts) -

OH YEAH!

But seriously they should change the name of Wii U to something else...

#14 Posted by yoshisaur (2700 posts) -

Wii Music 2

#15 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

I don't get it. Why are they doing something like this when they can announce whatever they want to during their press conference Tuesday? Unless it's something relatively insignificant so they don't want to spend time on it during their E3 conference.

This broadcast will focus on services and stuff, like their online features etc. It allows companies like Ubisoft and EA to talk more openly about their WiiU projects even if their conferences are before the main Nintendo conference.

#16 Posted by ZenaxPure (2569 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

Could be any number of things. Not enough time to cover every thing they want at E3 and this was deemed less important, want to just show off the redesigned controller, etc. We'll find out what it is soon enough I guess, though.

#17 Posted by Toms115 (2316 posts) -

wii sports hd remix

#18 Posted by Jolt92 (1548 posts) -

I've loaded up with some unhealthy shit to get me through it.

#19 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19321 posts) -

@Jack268: Ah, that makes a lot of sense, thanks.

#20 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

Odds of a Diablo 3 WiiU announcement today or at the real press conference: Extremely high.

#21 Posted by Creamypies (4059 posts) -

I'm hoping they just troll us all and loop the Wii Shop music for the next hour or so.

I'd be happy.

#22 Edited by Ducksworth (660 posts) -

@Zenaxzd said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

Could be any number of things. Not enough time to cover every thing they want at E3 and this was deemed less important, want to just show off the redesigned controller, etc. We'll find out what it is soon enough I guess, though.

My hope is that they want us to get familiar with the hardware so they can devote Tuesday to games.

omahgawd five minutes.

#23 Edited by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

18 giant bombers on the giant bomb Mumble voice server waiting for the the stream (program is Mumble, server IP =  ny.eoreality.net / Port = 64747)
36 giant bombers on the giant bomb gaming hub web chatroom also readying up to watch it. (chatroom:  http://www.pzlate.com/chat/ )

We'll be getting together for a talk throughout E3.  Feel free to join us for a text/voice chat everyone :) 

#24 Posted by crazyleaves (643 posts) -
@kurtbro900

My body is reggie.

Fucking gold.
#25 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7614 posts) -

I don't think there's any actual announcements here, they're just talking about the Wii U.

Which should hopefully mean they're getting this out of the way, so they can just focus on games at E3.

#26 Posted by Cincaid (2955 posts) -

Reading the chat to the stream on Nintendo's website is hilarious. It's all:

• People writing in Spanish
  • People going "I HAVE SUCH A BONER RIGHT NOW"
  • People going "wassup /v/"

Classy!

#27 Posted by laserbolts (5317 posts) -

Lets do this.

#28 Posted by endaround (2142 posts) -

Unique! Uniquely Unique!

#29 Edited by TentPole (1858 posts) -

Alone Together - Funny shit from a Nintendo conference.

#30 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

STICKS!

#31 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

TV remote is pretty cool.

#32 Posted by Zor (654 posts) -

The gamepad screen is also a touch screen *tilts head*

... wait, is he trying to suggest something by that?

#33 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

IT'S AN XBOX CONTROLLER.

#34 Posted by MildMolasses (3218 posts) -

Pro controller! Thank god, something for playing games with

#35 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

That is a 360 controller they just announced.

#36 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19321 posts) -
#37 Posted by benpicko (2005 posts) -

@NekuSakuraba said:

IT'S AN XBOX CONTROLLER.

Exactly my thoughts.

#38 Posted by Claude (16255 posts) -
#39 Posted by Branwulf (403 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ:

Only took them 8 years to work out they needed to go back to that.

#40 Edited by Wes899 (2107 posts) -

@Claude: Oh god that looks terrible.

As does the rest of this stuff.

#41 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

Oh my god, what the fuck is this?

I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

#42 Posted by Zor (654 posts) -

Ugh... go zombie boss, get both those guys please...

#43 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

What is happening?

#44 Posted by Branwulf (403 posts) -

This advert has gone on for way too long...

#45 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19321 posts) -

Why is it still going on. STILL.

#46 Posted by Wes899 (2107 posts) -

Nintendo is so impossibly out of touch now that it's depressing.

#47 Posted by Baltimore (268 posts) -

Way to go Nintendo. Making game player look like complete losers once again. *sigh*

*I am referencing to the zombie killing business video*

#48 Posted by Lego_My_Eggo (1024 posts) -

have you upgraded your scanner ding dong?

#49 Posted by Zor (654 posts) -

did... did... that doll just cry?

#50 Posted by aquamarin (555 posts) -

This reminds me of that awful promo video for the rumble pack.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.