Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2013

Concept »

The nineteenth annual Electronic Entertainment Expo took place at the Los Angeles Convention Center on June 11-13, 2013.

Anyonelse rather the guys just stayed in the office for E3?

Adrian79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Nothing to do with the unfortunate robbery tho I do sympathize with them for that.

I understand that there needs to be at least one or two guys from the team actually there to get a hands-on with new tech/games etc, but it occurred to me while watching all the conferences yesterday that I enjoy hearing the guys reactions as they happen and I find conferences much more entertaining hearing their commentary rather than the constant waffle and PR speak of company officials. I do like the post-show podcasts etc but the guys just sitting on the couch watching the stream feels more...personal I guess.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Noooooooooo. The live commentary is great, sure, but I enjoy the guest-filled late-night podcasts a stupid amount, and they can't do them when every game dev is six hours away in LA.

brandino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Their E3 coverage and interviews they do is one of many reasons a lot of us love GB. Yeah, the robbery sucks but it's kind of their job to go coverage E3, it's a video game site. E3 is the video game superbowl.

matti00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, the real reason for going is the nightly marathon round table paragraphs with the kings and queens of the video game industry. It don't get more personal than that my friend, some of the best video game related content all year, on any site.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What I think they should do is have both a crew that goes and stays. It is a good way to get "outside the bubble" and "BS check" if you keep some people away.

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By zero_

Yeah totally get what you're saying. I enjoyed the banter they had for the PlayStation and Xbox reveal and kind of missed it here. Would've been great to see their reactions to all that Sony stuff.

jmfinamore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jmfinamore

The post-show live shows that they do for E3 and the other trade shows are probably the best and most interesting content that they make. It would be a real bummer to see it go.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really wanted to see Jeff and Vinny's reaction immediately after that PS4 reveal. Yes, the robbery sucked for everyone on this site. But they should definitely be there in person. No better way for them to experience the atmosphere and give us complete and honest reactions.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
    deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I love the E3 content more than any other stuff on the site.

Loading Video...

I mean, it's just masterful.

Chibithor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love their live commentary stuff, so yeah. Though I get why they'd both want and have to go and I had fun watching everything anyways, so whatever. Their coverage should be great either way

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#12  Edited By Humanity

When is that stuff coming though? The recorded things? Is that footage they will put together after they get back to the office? I seem to recall last years E3 being all organized with a custom intro and segments. This year, maybe because the equipment theft, it seems like there isn't any video footage apart from trailers.

Am I remembering things wrong? Is all the stuff get put together later?

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I get it. It's opposite day!

ME AM BIZARRO SOMEJERK, BEST POSTAR ON GIANTBOBM

pjpk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By pjpk

Sorry for such a stupid question, but this is my first E3 as a subscriber (only found them this year!) and I've heard so much about amazing E3 content but can't actually find it. Any Giant Bomb stream I try to watch seems to be Gamespot and I can't find a schedule of when the guys are actually on anywhere.....where am I meant to be looking? :(

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#15  Edited By StarvingGamer

Noooooooooo. The live commentary is great, sure, but I enjoy the guest-filled late-night podcasts a stupid amount, and they can't do them when every game dev is six hours away in LA.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By pweidman

@pjpk said:

Sorry for such a stupid question, but this is my first E3 as a subscriber (only found them this year!) and I've heard so much about amazing E3 content but can't actually find it. Any Giant Bomb stream I try to watch seems to be Gamespot and I can't find a schedule of when the guys are actually on anywhere.....where am I meant to be looking? :(

Their cameras, and other stuff I'm sure, got burgled the first night they got to LA. They have little means to work with. Damn shame, this is. You can still catch video bombcasts w/all kinds of guests at 8:00 the next two nights I believe.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've only watched the trailers Marino has posted, so sure, leave em at home.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
    deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#19  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @pjpk said:

Right now, it's mostly here and here. I don't know if you're aware, but most of their recording equipment was stolen from the studio space they rented, so I imagine we won't be seeing much of any video content until after they get back and get their gear situation sorted out. The best part of GB's E3 coverage, though, is their late night livestream recap episodes with special guests. Day 0 didn't happen because of the theft, but they managed to get enough of a kit together to stream last night and the archive of that is here. Their next stream should be starting tonight at 8PM PDT. Guest stars to include Tim Schafer and Brad Muir.

@humanity said:

When is that stuff coming though? The recorded things? Is that footage they will put together after they get back to the office? I seem to recall last years E3 being all organized with a custom intro and segments. This year, maybe because the equipment theft, it seems like there isn't any video footage apart from trailers.

Am I remembering things wrong? Is all the stuff get put together later?

Last E3 some edited segments started to trickle out around day 2 IIRC, but the bulk of it hit the site after E3 finished.

But yeah, they got all their shit jacked. Who knows how much editing equipment they actually have access to currently.

Nev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Yeah, kind of. I know I'm in the minority with it, but I've never liked their E3 or PAX coverage. I tried to watch the 2010 and 2011 coverage, and found it really really tough to watch. Just isn't for me, I suppose, but it's a once a year thing, so I can't really complain - especially since I know most of the user base loves the content.

pjpk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pjpk said:

Right now, it's mostly here and here. I don't know if you're aware, but most of their recording equipment was stolen from the studio space they rented, so I imagine we won't be seeing much of any video content until after they get back and get their gear situation sorted out. The best part of GB's E3 coverage, though, is their late night livestream recap episodes with special guests. Day 0 didn't happen because of the theft, but they managed to get enough of a kit together to stream last night and the archive of that is here. Their next stream should be starting tonight at 8PM PDT. Guest stars to include Tim Schafer and Brad Muir.

Thanks so much for this - those archives are exactly what I was looking for. I had heard about them getting robbed but didn't realise someone had nicked all of their kit!

Guess I'll have to set my alarm for 4am for the next few days!

Cybexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

I'm really enjoying all the Interview Dumptruck content they are able to record and Vinny's Day One video is amazing. That and the live show guests are fun, tonight is apparently Brad Muir and Tim Schafer.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.