Day Zero Live

#401 Posted by Korolev (1714 posts) -

When I lived in Downtown LA, my car was broken into for a computer monitor that was worth less than replacing the broken window. Generally, LA is a shitty place to live and it's filled with shitty people. Of course, there are always exceptions but it's by far the worst place I've lived -_-;;

You know, that is exactly what everyone I know who has ever lived in L.A has told me. That it is a terrible, awful place to live. I know 7 Americans in my Medical Class who have been to L.A, and they've never had anything good to say about it.

#402 Edited by Hudlommen (56 posts) -

This is just balls...

But then again, a little action now and then.. Btw who calls the boss and do the whoopsie-talk?

#403 Posted by Liquidsolidus (67 posts) -

Do you reckon they'll go into detail about it tomorrow at all?

#404 Edited by Deathdealer108 (293 posts) -

So Jeff was up on the stream I heard. I missed that, what did he say? Just that the show was cancelled?

#405 Posted by Brackynews (4094 posts) -

I hope they have insurance for this stuff.

I swear, sometimes it's like people forget they're owned by a $600 million dollar subsidiary of a $14.2 billion dollar corporation...

#407 Edited by Leptok (942 posts) -
#408 Posted by Korwin (2897 posts) -

@sarnecki said:

I'm sorry but it's downtown LA. I'm assuming they left the equipment alone? Not a ton of sympathy from me, it was SUPER irresponsible and lazy and they paid for it.

Go away.

Indeed, since when was leaving equipment locked in a building with a door man irresponsible? It's not like L.A. is warzone.

#409 Edited by Monkeyman04 (1152 posts) -

I'm glad that no one on the Bomb crew (or something that they know) was hurt.

#410 Posted by OurSin_360 (937 posts) -

@msavo said:

Sucks because they were actually excited about this new place. Seems like this is E3, possibly the most important in years, will be Giant Bomb's worst.

Yeah, isn't it supposed to be an actual studio or something? I remember them talking about the security being shit in another spot they passed on too. damn

I'm sure they are insured at least, and might actually get their stuff back hopefully. Was wondering why nothing happened today.

#411 Edited by skelington_ (292 posts) -

Everyone in L.A. and around the convention center keep your eyes open for suspicious offloading of recording gear, I guess.

#412 Posted by anamanaman (56 posts) -

So bummed not to be hearing Giant Bomb tonight. The city of LA is now on my shit list.

Looking forward to tomorrow!

#413 Edited by development (2440 posts) -

I know how it feels to have thousands of dollars of stuff ($11,000 in my case) stolen in one fell swoop, so don't consider me heartless when I ask this:

Am I the only one wondering how this happened? Like, were windows left unchecked? Were corners cut when it came to making sure their stuff was secured? What's their relationship with the owners/tenants of the space? Who did they tell about their arrangement/did they broadcast the exact location to the internet (that would be a foolish, foolish mistake on their part, but I don't think they did/would)?

In my experience, terrible stuff like this happens because you tell an honest individual about your setup, but that honest individual happens to have some very dishonest acquaintances, and from there plans start hatching.

I also used to live in L.A., coincidentally.

edit: I should make it super clear that I'm not blaming them. Obviously the people to blame are the thieves. I'm just wondering if less was done to prevent this than should have been. A lapse in judgment, perhaps. Like I said, this has happened to me, and I remember every moment of the morning I woke up to find my stuff missing; it's not something you can forget. So I do really feel bad for them.

#414 Posted by Vextroid (1418 posts) -

What a massive bummer :(

#415 Edited by Itwongo (1217 posts) -

@deathdealer108: Show is cancelled, and they're working with police. He played some Lococycle at the show, and there will be a stream tomorrow. That's the gist of it.

#416 Edited by RedCream (705 posts) -

Oh God, Jeff is mightily pissed.

#417 Posted by FightsGiantRobots (14 posts) -
#418 Posted by Woodstien (7 posts) -

Are they going to stream in the morning? I need to know if I have to get up before noon.

#419 Posted by Deathdealer108 (293 posts) -
#420 Posted by Liquidsolidus (67 posts) -

I must say though, mad respect to them for even considering still doing a stream after all that, I'd probably be in tears XD

#421 Posted by Animasta (14713 posts) -

Are they going to stream in the morning? I need to know if I have to get up before noon.

I'm going to take a 99% guess here and say no.

#422 Posted by thebunnyhunter (1453 posts) -

well e3 is over, this is why we cant have nice things...cause people steal them

#423 Posted by CustomOtto (496 posts) -

@animasta said:

@trafalgarlaw said:

@kishinfoulux said:

If Gamespot saves the day, you all owe them a big apology for constantly shitting on them and their staff. Seriously.

explain locking of topics about this without any explanation, chat going up & down (it's been more than 5 months since the move to cbs) and people waiting to find out almost half an hour later of no show.

Getting shit stolen is pretty shity and I understand they were busy but thing could have been communicated better.

they can't exactly be super clear when they have LAPD in the place, busy listening all the stuff stolen.

and you know what? it was super stressful, so maybe whining about how they weren't the most communicative they could be is a little assholish.

enough about them! what about ME

#424 Posted by Korwin (2897 posts) -

New theory, It's Harmonix upping their game.

#425 Edited by villainy (568 posts) -

@redcream said:

He fucking should be. If he's not breaking every fucking thing in his sight right now I will be disappointed. Being robbed is a terrible, terrible feeling.

#426 Edited by Itwongo (1217 posts) -

@liquidsolidus: It kinda looked like Jeff was about to be. That wasn't just me, was it?

#427 Posted by Leptok (942 posts) -

@villainy said:

@redcream said:

He fucking should be. If he's not breaking every fucking thing in his sight right now I will be disappointed. Being robbed is a terrible, terrible feeling.

I would guess Ryan is handling that.

#428 Posted by Nezza (373 posts) -

My passion is photography. My equipment, as cliche as it sounds, over time became an extension of me.

All my equipment was stolen recently when I was in Switzerland. Body, lenses, flashes, filters, memory cards - stuff that I had carried around the world with me - gone in an instant.

I cannot even begin to describe the kick in the stomach that I felt when I reached for a bag that was no longer there. It's a few months later and I'm still raw about it. So believe me when I say I have every sympathy in the world for the guys and sincerely hope that they are able to recover their gear.

#429 Posted by Korwin (2897 posts) -

@itwongo said:

@liquidsolidus: It kinda looked like Jeff was about to be. That wasn't just me, was it?

Nope, he looked blood shot. That's probably just from all the caffeine and exhaustion though.

#430 Posted by BoricuainExile (29 posts) -

@development: Also someone in the neighborhood may have seen the equipment transferred into the home or they put some of the equipment boxes at plain sight that's all it takes. It seems it was a neighborhood inside job, had happened to me too!

#431 Edited by TruthTellah (9323 posts) -

@jeffgerstmann

"E3, if you want to stop me, you're just going to have to kill me."

#432 Posted by Itwongo (1217 posts) -

@development: The door was locked and there was a doorman. I think that's the extent of what we know.

#433 Edited by jeffrud (388 posts) -

@jeffgerstmann

True GB community members will get this tattooed on their foreheads.

#434 Posted by Brackynews (4094 posts) -

Almost. Morbidly. I chose my wording carefully, sir. I'm obviously kidding around. Of course that would be/this is terrible.

Fair enough, but hopefully you recall that 2 years ago in the "good" E3 house, the audience did indeed figure out the location and deliver pizza and liquor and such. If good people can do it, so can bad.

#435 Posted by sunsetstreek (57 posts) -

I'm just fucking glad everyone is okay. Was hearing some bad rumors on that end...seriously though, what a way to put a damper on their spirits...hope those thieves get what's coming to them.

#437 Posted by Dizzyhippos (1489 posts) -

All the creepy ass places they filmed before, nothing happens. The first time the get a professional space, shits taken. Ironic?

#438 Posted by Arghron (9 posts) -

I bet the guy who was supposed to be there to "keep watch" was in on this whole fiasco. Either that or he was sleeping. Interrogate the crap out of him!

#439 Posted by skelington_ (292 posts) -

@development said:

I know how it feels to have thousands of dollars of stuff ($11,000 in my case) stolen in one fell swoop, so don't consider me heartless when I ask this:

Am I the only one wondering how this happened? Like, were windows left unchecked? Were corners cut when it came to making sure their stuff was secured? What's their relationship with the owners/tenants of the space? Who did they tell about their arrangement/did they broadcast the exact location to the internet (that would be a foolish, foolish mistake on their part, but I don't think they did/would)?

In my experience, terrible stuff like this happens because you tell an honest individual about your setup, but that honest individual happens to have some very dishonest acquaintances, and from there plans start hatching.

I also used to live in L.A., coincidentally.

I have to wonder if something like Patrick's tweet (https://twitter.com/patrickklepek/status/343978041183186944/photo/1) revealed the location of their gear or something. Seems really strange for it to just disappear.

#440 Edited by Liquidsolidus (67 posts) -

Whoever was behind it, I hope they had no relation with the GB fellas in any way, if that was ever found out it would actually be pretty sick.

#441 Posted by Itwongo (1217 posts) -

@jeffgerstmann

Word.

#442 Edited by lund218 (26 posts) -

Well holy shit, this fucking sucks. Been following this since it started and I am glad that my initial thought that someone may be hurt was wrong. Mad respect to Jeff for coming on camera and letting us know whats up. It sounds like things will go back into motion tomorrow. Best wishes to them while they get all this shit sorted out.

Also I feel for Ryan who seemed so stoked for the new location. I would not want to be around a pissed off Ryan Davis.

#443 Posted by Jackel2072 (2269 posts) -

NO PETITE THIEF CAN STOP GIANT BOMB!

#444 Posted by SuperTess (142 posts) -

Sometimes people just freakin suck. I feel so bad for the guys.

#445 Edited by Indignate (18 posts) -

Don't worry guys, it's a great big prank by the Harmonix guys right? Or the CAH guys, right?

Right?

#446 Posted by TorMasturba (1094 posts) -

Sucks. But if you got to find a positive this just means that they get to go out and let loose or get some sleep!
Being selfish and kind of nice at the same time I hope they get in some of the latter and the rest of E3 rules for them due to being so much more rested.
Chin up bombsquad!

#447 Posted by spankingaddict (2707 posts) -

:(

#448 Edited by LegendaryChopChop (1215 posts) -

Apparently their equipment got stolen or something?

#449 Posted by Andorski (5343 posts) -

Ahh, LA. Will you never be such a shithole? I swear, the poor will steal your shit while the rich make sure they don't pay a fucking dime for anything.

#450 Edited by Liquidsolidus (67 posts) -

Thanks for all the well-wishes, guys. We'll regroup, we'll find placeholder gear for the show, it just sucks the wind out of the sails

-Ryan on Twitter

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.