Electronic Arts' E3 2013 Press Briefing: You Gotta Have Faith

• 94 results
#51 Edited by Seppli (9729 posts) -

BF4 and NfS Rivals are my jam. BF4's presentation was mindblowing. Wishfulfillment time at EA. Apropos wishfulfillment - Mirror's Edge 2 everybody!

#52 Posted by kristov_romanov (438 posts) -

Mirror's Edge is not the new "ME" game from EA that I wanted. That said, good on them for not just churning out the same big titles.

#53 Posted by MrMazz (849 posts) -

BAttlefeild 4 with totally destructable SKYSCRAPERS has me super hype for this game. I'm over COD and BF seems like something I'd pick up. That said STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT with Frostbite Engine YES YES EYS EYS

Also hey Mirror's Edge is coming

#54 Edited by Nadafinga (953 posts) -

I would never be the guy who tells someone they're wrong for not liking Mirror's Edge. It's not for everyone. Personally, I loved it, even went back and got all the speed run trophies for it. It's not perfect, but there's also nothing else out there quite like it.

Can't wait to see what they do with a sequel...just hope its not a Xbone exclusive.

#55 Posted by SpaceRunaway (809 posts) -
#56 Edited by dOm_CaTz (193 posts) -

No mention of Drake? He started from the bottom and now he's here.

#57 Edited by cuttablefurball (19 posts) -
#58 Posted by iragequit (328 posts) -

Battlefield has a new commander mode! Like it used to! Geez, they wasted so much time chasing CoD.

#59 Edited by briansanderson (133 posts) -

Super pumped for Dragon Age 3.

#60 Posted by Jedted (2257 posts) -

Super excited that for Mirror's Edge 2!

#61 Posted by HarlequinRiot (1098 posts) -

@lkpower said:

I really wanted a new Freedom Fighters. I guess there's always next E3

I've been hoping for that for the past 10 years. And every year I fool myself into thinking that that could be the year.

#62 Edited by Luck702 (270 posts) -

I was happy that they showed off the multi-player for BF4. That's all a Battlefield player cares about, and I think they adequately showed it off. I think everyone was yelling bitch at their TV's when Aaron Paul was up there.

#63 Edited by RuthLoose (740 posts) -

@ruthloose said:

@eddie_and_the_fist_monkeys said:

@mideonnviscera: To be honest until today and that trailer I thought the opinion that Mirror's Edge sucked was the prevailing one. Never knew so many people felt otherwise.

It's like Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island up in here all of a sudden!

Would this be a bad time to say I don't like that game? haha

I'm just glad that DICE seems to be fairly immune to the whole EA buyout-to-watering down-to-shuttering studio paradigm. Good on them for getting the chance to make a sequel to a game that had a mixed reception.

Geez, it's like you people really only want to be fed your AAA franchise sequels.

#64 Edited by theanticitizen (249 posts) -

@mideonnviscera: Ha ha fair enough. I was a huge fan but I was certainly aware of it's faults. I'm personally excited for it. But if someone doesn't like it that's fine

#65 Edited by Jokerfish (2 posts) -

Loved the first one but this isn't enough to break my boycott of EA.

#66 Posted by theanticitizen (249 posts) -

@brendan: That's fair but in my defense I was mostly talking about the commenters here

#67 Edited by Regular_Kirk (52 posts) -

Wait...the company that made the last two flop-tastic Medal of Honor games is working on the Star Wars game? Err...really? Somebody back at EA HQ thought that was a good idea?

What? They couldn't get the guys who made Haze to work on it? Oh they tried that? Never mind then.

#68 Posted by Osaladin (2503 posts) -

I really hope the new Dragon Age doesn't follow in DA2's shoes, take us back to Origins gameplay please. BF4 was crazy bananas. Mirror's Edge 2 is great, I hope there's very little combat, especially with guns.

#69 Posted by dr_mantas (1689 posts) -

Dragon Age, Battlefront, Mirror's Edge - all great stuff.

#70 Edited by Colonel_Fury (452 posts) -

Anyone else here, who doesn't care about Mirror's Edge? Just me? K, I'll just be here, by myself, in the corner.

#71 Edited by MeatSim (10594 posts) -

Star Wars: Battlefront was all they needed to show to make me happy.

#72 Edited by jillsandwich (761 posts) -
#73 Edited by jillsandwich (761 posts) -
#74 Posted by Korolev (1646 posts) -

I never loved Mirror's Edge, but I am interested to give a sequel a shot. If they improve some of the controls (some of the wall jumps were a bit finicky) and get rid of most of the guns, then that would be good. Less emphesis on combat, please. First person kicking and punching is not very fun.

#75 Edited by drstrawberry (103 posts) -

I NEVER ASKED FOR THIS!!!!

#76 Posted by jillsandwich (761 posts) -
#77 Posted by sirdesmond (1223 posts) -

I was reasonably pleased with EA's conference this year. That BF4 multiplayer looked great (but I'm a sucker for that series) and Mirror's Edge 2 is an announcement I've been waiting years for.

#78 Posted by sirdesmond (1223 posts) -

I was reasonably pleased with EA's conference this year. That BF4 multiplayer looked great (but I'm a sucker for that series) and Mirror's Edge 2 is an announcement I've been waiting years for.

#79 Posted by sirdesmond (1223 posts) -

#80 Edited by jillsandwich (761 posts) -
#81 Edited by jillsandwich (761 posts) -
#82 Posted by MeatSim (10594 posts) -

Star Wars: Battlefront was all they needed to show to make me happy.

#83 Edited by Zevvion (1107 posts) -

I will buy two copies of Mirror's Edge 2 day one. I'm not joking. I rebought Mirror's Edge on PC to support the game and I'll do the same with Mirror's Edge 2.

I know that's dumb and crazy, but I played that game so much and am really happy to support it.

#84 Edited by LarryDavis (714 posts) -
#85 Posted by DEFan3 (1 posts) -

I have to say the one game I looked for and didn't see was Tiger Woods or any PGA game. With the new generation graphics they could really kill this. I hope EA or someone decides to put out a decent golf Sim, but until then I'll stick with my 360.

#86 Posted by Gildermershina (249 posts) -

@ruthloose said:

@eddie_and_the_fist_monkeys said:

@mideonnviscera: To be honest until today and that trailer I thought the opinion that Mirror's Edge sucked was the prevailing one. Never knew so many people felt otherwise.

It's like Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island up in here all of a sudden!

Would this be a bad time to say I don't like that game? haha

You know, I remember the consensus around Mirror's Edge being that it was good, but not great. I played it, and I would generally agree with that. But it was one of the most wonderfully refreshing things first person games I've ever played. It begs for a sequel because it had room for improvement. It's endearing because of the risks it takes, and it deserves another shot to fix the broken stuff.

#87 Edited by probablytuna (3441 posts) -

So psyched for Dragon Age: Inquisition. I would have liked to see just how open world it is though.

#88 Posted by Seb (356 posts) -

PEGGLE 2!

#89 Edited by blacklab (1475 posts) -

Mirror's Edge sucks guys.

Have to agree, I found it unplayable.

#90 Posted by Rabid619 (1078 posts) -

The Mirror's Edge 2 announcement is one of the biggest things for E3 so far for me personally. So happy to see that being made, and it looks amazing!

#91 Posted by Nadafinga (953 posts) -

@zevvion said:

I will buy two copies of Mirror's Edge 2 day one. I'm not joking. I rebought Mirror's Edge on PC to support the game and I'll do the same with Mirror's Edge 2.

I know that's dumb and crazy, but I played that game so much and am really happy to support it.

I bought it twice as well. I bought it day one, beat it, then sold it. 8 months later I wanted to jump back into it, so I bought it again (it was pretty cheap by then, ~$20 IIRC).

#92 Edited by LadyAsh (5 posts) -
#93 Edited by Zevvion (1107 posts) -

@zevvion said:

I bought it twice as well. I bought it day one, beat it, then sold it. 8 months later I wanted to jump back into it, so I bought it again (it was pretty cheap by then, ~$20 IIRC).

I bought it on 360 day one and when I saw it was controller supported and on sale, I bought it on Steam too.

I'm pretty sure this generation I'll get both the PS4 and Xbox One at launch. I have more than enough money saved up and I really feel like doing something stupid with it that is also awesome at the same time.

I'm actually thinking of getting the new Mirror's Edge on both those systems at launch. Just to show my appreciation.

#94 Edited by Foxillusion (147 posts) -

@animasta said:

@mideonnviscera said:

Mirror's Edge sucks guys.

look at this opinion

look at this super wrong opinion

this.

#95 Edited by Freki (97 posts) -

Great news about Mirror's Edge 2 ( though not exactly the world's best kept secret ) - really looking forward to more..

#96 Posted by SKaREO (23 posts) -

EA games are all bad games. Not a single one I'm interested in. I'm so glad I decided to boycott them years ago. Last game I stupidly purchased from their library was Battlefailed 3 and God was it ever terrible compared to BF2142 or any other Battlefield game that wasn't Bad Company. This whole generation of games sucks so bad I'm not even going to buy a new console. I'll stick to Wargame AirLand Battle, Dota 2, Company of Heroes 2, etc, etc. So many good games worth playing... EA really sucks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.