Final Fantasy/ Kingdom Hearts III PS4 announcement?

#1 Edited by PHenry1991 (137 posts) -

Okay, so, I've lost myself in the rumor-mill lately, and obviously everything should be taken with a grain of salt. A guy I follow on twitter, tweeted an image from 4chan, that looked something that could be from the Sony Conference rehearsal, or whatever the Square Enix thing is next week. He then deleted the tweet, because he didn't want to spread rumors, whatever that means. And it's from 4chan so everything from there should be viewed with the most Skeptic eyes possible, I think:

Now, this could mean nothing. We knew Final Fantasy 14 would eventually make it to a Sony console, and maybe Versus XIII becoming Final Fantasy XV isn't that hard to believe. But, and this is a big but, I don't buy that Square is even ready to announce Kingdom Hearts 3. Would Disney even allow it to be exclusive since, I'm pretty sure, they co-publish it? This could just be a crappy photoshop thing. But then, there's this article: http://www.stfuandplay.com/story/content/final-fantasy-versus-and-kingdom-hearts-3-exclusive-to-ps41#.UbDOzkDqmSo

And that's from the guys who leaked the stuff about Driveclub, so there's a bit of reliability there. I tried going through 4chan to find the image again, but, thanks to the Snake/Kiefer Sutherland thing, it must be buried back a few-pages.

If there's a thread about this, or if it's in the wrong place, Mods: Do that thing you do.

#2 Edited by Hunter5024 (5962 posts) -

Square Enix has NO qualms about announcing games. They may not be anywhere near done, hell they might not have even started making them yet, but it wouldn't be surprising if they announced Final Fantasy 15 and Kingdom Hearts III next week. Remember that they announced 3 Final Fantasy 13 related products months before Final Fantasy 12 was even out. As for making them Sony exclusives, I'm not sure what to think about that. That would be a pretty huge get, even with the state of modern Square.

#3 Posted by TurboMan (7725 posts) -

I'm done with FF... But I think I could go for another Kingdom Hearts

#4 Posted by JJOR64 (19065 posts) -

If KH3 is real, instant PS4 buy for me when it comes out.

#5 Posted by BisonHero (7035 posts) -

I fully expect them to announce a new Kingdom Hearts game for the Vita, just to piss off all non-Japanese fans. No way are they making one for the PS4.

#6 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1843 posts) -

I think that logo was confirmed as fake awhile ago, but I could still see that game happening.

#7 Edited by thebunnyhunter (1481 posts) -

Yeah that KH3 Logo was confirmed being fake a few months ago but if there was Final Fantasy XV (renamed Versus if the rumors are correct), and Kingdom Hearts 3 I would be very happy...hell im even a bit interested in A Real Reborn. That firs Final Fantasy Versus 13 trailer is still cool.

#8 Posted by notdavid (842 posts) -

I loved the core Kingdom Hearts games, but the spinoffs were all duds. If they could get their shit together for 3, it's an insta-buy for me.

#9 Posted by Strife777 (1612 posts) -

FF versus XIII being turned into 15 only makes sense at this point and wouldn't surprise me at all. A new Kingdom Hearts would be pretty great. I 've been waiting for a full console sequel, so hopefully that's what it is.

#10 Posted by alternate (2720 posts) -

SE always come out for Sony pressers. Just like COD usually comes out for MS.. Doesn't have to indicate any exclusivity.

#11 Posted by TepidShark (1063 posts) -

Doubt that Kingdom Hearts III logo is real. The I's in the logo are the same design and color as the logo for Kingdom Hearts II.

#12 Posted by PHenry1991 (137 posts) -

@bisonhero: Oh god, that could totally happen. No one ever mention this again. Can't give square any more bad ideas.

If the Image is fake, I guess the only thing real-ish is the article? The whole leaking of Driveclub thing kind of gives it some legitimacy, in my mind. But, who even says that Square Enix has to announce anything next week? They should. But, they have Kingdom Hearts HD coming out this year, and there's TGS in september, so really, they don't need to do anything. But, they did say there future of Final Fantasy will be revealed next week. Damn E3 mysteries.

#13 Edited by Meteora (5787 posts) -

They really should release Final Fantasy Versus XIII before announcing anything else new.

#14 Edited by Darji (5294 posts) -

@meteora said:

They really should release Final Fantasy Versus XIII before announcing anything else new.

Rumor is that Versus is becoming FFXV which makes sense^^

#15 Posted by Benny (1955 posts) -

This is fake as fuck but one of those games most certainly exists because Nomura has to be working on something, and I'm sure they wouldn't want to get rid of the years and years they've spent on Versus 13, so my money is on that being finally released. Forget KH3 though.

#16 Edited by Dallas_Raines (2222 posts) -

I'd love a Kingdom Hearts game that wasn't shitty like the sequels and spin-offs. Like, maybe one that wasn't directed by Nomura.

#17 Posted by The_Nubster (2355 posts) -

@notdavid said:

I loved the core Kingdom Hearts games, but the spinoffs were all duds. If they could get their shit together for 3, it's an insta-buy for me.

I agree with you on every count except for KH3D. That was where the combat became more than mashing and smashing and healing near death. A lot more strategery and the peripheral mechanics (dropping, pets) were awesome.

#18 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (3778 posts) -

New-Square should put KH + FF on Xbox.

#19 Edited by Oscar__Explosion (2403 posts) -

As much as I fucking hate how many spin offs and side stories there have been for kingdom hearts I really hope it's not KHIII.

#20 Posted by Tackchevy (266 posts) -

Well, they introduced XIIIVersus seven years ago and that still hasn't shown up in any form, so why not announce some new KH? They don't really have any credibility left to blow at this point. S-E's output in the last decade or so has really been a fucking disaster, on a related note.

In the real world though, this is probably a shopped up fake. Looks cool though. Got me at about quarter-mast thinking about it.

#21 Posted by JCGamer (671 posts) -

Eh, not sure what to think about Square nowadays. They didn't have a real good record this generation.

#22 Posted by believer258 (12184 posts) -

@notdavid said:

I agree with you on every count except for KH3D. That was where the combat became more than mashing and smashing and healing near death. A lot more strategery and the peripheral mechanics (dropping, pets) were awesome.

I played the demo of KH3D and couldn't tell what was going on. I would just lock on and mash buttons, like in every other KH game, but at least in the others I could usually tell what was going on. Here, the camera and Sora just zoomed around.

#23 Edited by The_Nubster (2355 posts) -

@believer258: I felt the same way when I played the demo, too. It seemed like the FlowMotion attacks just bloated everything up and added confusing particle effects, but once you get a good handle on how everything works together, it's fantastic. It's really great to freeze a group of enemies, and then swing off of a pole to get away from them, and then activate a sliding dash to close up the distance and deal serious damage and finish out with a poison-inducing AoE attack. The demo doesn't do a great job of showing you the combat possiblities (and neither does the main game, really), but by building off of Birth By Sleep's combat system and encouraging the use of magic and special attacks, there's a lot more to do. It's no longer just swinging around a keyblade until a QTE pops up.

#24 Posted by AnGer_dono (6 posts) -

@darji said:.

While it would make sense, I am surprised to hear that there is an "official" rumour about Versus XIII becoming XV. Wasn't there a fake video last year showing Versus being re-labeled as XV, mostly based on someone at Square Enix stating that FF XV might be an ARPG instead of a classic FF?

#25 Posted by Darji (5294 posts) -

@darji said:.

While it would make sense, I am surprised to hear that there is an "official" rumour about Versus XIII becoming XV. Wasn't there a fake video last year showing Versus being re-labeled as XV, mostly based on someone at Square Enix stating that FF XV might be an ARPG instead of a classic FF?

The rumor is that Sony is helping Square with assets and other stuff and that is why it is becoming exclusive to PS4. Either that or Versus is still for PS3 and FFXV for PS4 which would be k with me as well.

#26 Posted by Darji (5294 posts) -

Nomura hinted at Versus for E3 XD

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=581183

Nomura says something like this

" when this radio airs there will be E3 going on at US. I will be at E3 for KH1.5 promotion. And there is a certain information announced at E3 which I cannot talk about at this moment. But I feel like everyone knows what this information will be anyway."

So yeah Verus basically confirmed XD

#27 Posted by Quarters (1861 posts) -

I wouldn't be totally convinced of Versus or KH3 yet. Apparently, the end of KH1.5 hints at KH2.5 in the credits by showing which games will be included, which hasn't been officially announced yet. It's possible it could be that. However, it would be pretty rad if it was Versus/KH3. Finally.

#28 Posted by Sean2206 (258 posts) -

If this turns out to be true and KH3 is a PS4 exclusive thats my decision made on first console.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.