How're you consuming the Giant Bomb E3 Live shows?

#1 Posted by Red12b (9084 posts) -

Yo!

Just curious as to how duders are watching the streams?

as is the usual, i'm doing this shit in style!

#2 Posted by Red12b (9084 posts) -

the red thing is a pillow, not my stomach. . .

in case you were wondering

#3 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5595 posts) -

On my computer monitor with an alcoholic beverage. That's how I usually watch Gb shows in general. I did however watch the Gb commentary on the Sony and Microsoft conferences on my 46 in. Tv. Good times.

#4 Edited by Winternet (8021 posts) -

Staying up until very late, only to fall asleep 20 minutes before it starts.

#5 Edited by crusader8463 (14422 posts) -

I'm not. They are on way too late so I have to wait for the archives since the stuff on twitch is unwatchable the last month as it only saves it in 720p. I can't afford to stay up that late and screw up my sleeping for the work week even though I have the time off for the actual days, and it always takes them forever to get the real archives up. Just another reason E3 has really sucked for me this year.

#6 Posted by JouselDelka (966 posts) -

For the first time in years I'm feeling positive and excited about the future of gameplay, I don't need the GB dudes to dampen my spirit with their cynical wisdom!

#7 Posted by HarlechQuinn (449 posts) -

Waiting till the archive is up, download it, put it on an external HD, plug the external HD to my BluRay player and then watch it on my 40 in. TV sitting/lying on the couch together with the cat and a beverage of my choice.

#8 Edited by Red12b (9084 posts) -

@crusader8463:

yea, i tried that last year and I was Fuhhcked ,

I've asked to change shifts with a coworker so I get to come home and have hours to just sift through E3 shit until early morning and wake up at 11am,

it's great :D

#9 Posted by Red12b (9084 posts) -

For the first time in years I'm feeling positive and excited about the future of gameplay, I don't need the GB dudes to dampen my spirit with their cynical wisdom!

k, i find their shit hill-arious so I couldn't disagree with you more.

Waiting till the archive is up, download it, put it on an external HD, plug the external HD to my BluRay player and then watch it on my 40 in. TV sitting/lying on the couch together with the cat and a beverage of my choice.

Good stuff man, it's good to be able to do this stuff aye!

#10 Posted by TheUnsavedHero (1255 posts) -

Just check the website every once in a while on my laptop. Luckily, I was scheduled to have this week off from work so I can stay up late for their E3 streams.

#11 Posted by JBird (489 posts) -

Unfortunately the stream is scheduled to start at 4am for me. I tried to watch it this morning but the late starting time just sent me straight back to sleep. I'm going to be watching them archived on twitch because that way I can sit back and enjoy!

#12 Posted by Angouri (232 posts) -

...on my ipad while playing games on my TV. They make side quests in RPGs a lot more tolerable.

#13 Posted by TruthTellah (9160 posts) -

Just watching it on my couch with the laptop and headphones. The visuals can be interesting at times, but the audio is the biggest part of it. Already had a good laugh tonight. Hopeful for tomorrow's stream to be even better.

#14 Posted by Wuddel (2094 posts) -

On my TV. Using my OUYA.

#15 Edited by Red12b (9084 posts) -

@wuddel said:

On my TV. Using my OUYA.

wait is that out or are you a FUTURE MAN!

#16 Edited by Wuddel (2094 posts) -
@red12b said:

@wuddel said:

On my TV. Using my OUYA.

wait is that out or are you a FUTURE MAN!

kickstarter backer

#17 Posted by phuzzybunny (172 posts) -

PC hooked up to my 46" T.V. with some beers.

#18 Posted by Vao (328 posts) -

im at work, wasting time while watching it on one of the many computers around me.

Yay for Graveyard shift....i think,

#19 Posted by Foggen (863 posts) -

I always listen to the podcast version, which has not been forthcoming as yet...

#20 Edited by WalkerTR77 (1378 posts) -

@foggen said:

I always listen to the podcast version, which has not been forthcoming as yet...

Yea same here, awaiting it with bated breath. Any word on this yet (we only just got the closed envelope podcast)?

#21 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

On a TV as well. Though I'm not a crazy person so I'm looking at it from a normal persons perspective and not from a weird angle

#22 Edited by rebgav (1429 posts) -

I listened to the audio last night while finishing Remember Me. It did not make the game any better but it's cheaper than a lobotomy.

Tonight I must make progress in LOTR War in the North. I am hoping that the livecast is doubly entertaining or, at the very least, sufficiently numbing.

#23 Posted by natetodamax (19208 posts) -

On my TV through my iPad with AirPlay.

#24 Edited by WalkerTR77 (1378 posts) -

Question asked;question answered. The day one podcast is up!

#25 Edited by Rafaelfc (1350 posts) -

I've been playing animal crossing while listening (taking peeks at the live stream), guess this is what addiction feels like.

#26 Posted by RetroVirus (1476 posts) -

Just sitting on a chair watching on my computer

#27 Posted by Red12b (9084 posts) -

On a TV as well. Though I'm not a crazy person so I'm looking at it from a normal persons perspective and not from a weird angle

what's wrong with the angle?

#28 Posted by PatODay (222 posts) -

I listen to the podcast. I'm either at work or in the middle of commuting when the stream goes live. The podcast has been a savior on a long commute on more than one occasion.

#29 Edited by Scrawnto (2452 posts) -

I had to get to bed early so I could make an appointment early this morning, so I'm watching the archived stream after the fact. I watched part 1 in a low res stream at work. I'll watch part 2 at home on my nice TV. Hopefully I can watch Day 2 live tonight.

#30 Posted by PillClinton (3291 posts) -

PC to TV across the room, controlled with my handy Logitech wireless keyboard/trackpad. Stuff like this makes me love the convenience of modern technology, and effectively having an HTPC is really awesome.

#31 Edited by Red12b (9084 posts) -
#32 Edited by Otacon (2209 posts) -

I got up early Wednesday to catch the last bit, missed it this morning. I've tried to watch the twitch archives but they are too hi res for my shoddy connection. Once the archives are on the site I'll be all over the stuff I've missed!

#33 Posted by BBAlpert (1491 posts) -

Orally ;D

Actually I've had it up on my TV while I play the new Animal Crossing game. I started out trying to listen to it as a podcast on my commute to/from work, but there are just too many people with unfamiliar voices so I couldn't tell who was talking at any given point. Unless the person talking happened to be Ryan, Max Temkin, or Jeff shouting from his bed at the back of the set.

#34 Edited by pjpk (20 posts) -

They're on too early in the morning for me so I haven't been able to watch any of them live. However I've got a wedding to go to on Saturday so there's a glorious hungover Sunday ahead of me chock full of back-to-back archives, Polish lager and comfort food

#35 Posted by kaos_cracker (602 posts) -

Watching it the day after it is out on twitch cuz I enjoy sleeping and I gotta work in the mornings.

#36 Posted by tracerace11 (289 posts) -

It is too late for me. I am listening to the podcasts the next day. I really hope they release the videos. The day two podcast is AMAZING.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.