Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2013

Concept »

The nineteenth annual Electronic Entertainment Expo took place at the Los Angeles Convention Center on June 11-13, 2013.

Now that the three main press conferences are over, which console do you want?

• 154 results
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Poll Now that the three main press conferences are over, which console do you want? (945 votes)

Playstation 4 84%
    Xbox One 9%
    Wii U 7%

I believe that E3 is all about games and told myself before E3 that I am going to get the console that has the most of them. That's why I'm picking Xbox One. I know it has that really shitty 24 hour check in service, but the used game thing doesn't really affect me. And when I really think about it, one little check in every 24 hours is a small price to pay for the games.

• Sunset Overdrive
    • Killer Instinct
    • Quantum Break
    • Ryse
    • FFXV
    • Titanfall
    • Crimson Dragon
    • Destiny
    • whatever the hell D4 is - it's Swery, how can I not be excited?
    • MGS V
    • Project Spark
    • Forza 5
    • Dead Rising 3
    • Assassin's Creed 4
    • Halo
    • Mirror's Edge
    • Dragon Age Inquisition
    • Whatever Black Tusk is doing
    • I MIGHT give Kingdom Hearts 3 a try
    • Watch Dogs
    • Plus other multiplats and games I forgot from the MS conference

I feel like the only games I will be missing out on are Infamous and The Order. The only games I actually straight up didn't like from the MS conference was Battlefield. The above list is a pretty impressive lineup and I'm all about the games so this is how I am justifying my decision to stick with Xbox, at least until I can afford to get a PS4 as well for it's exclusives that will come later.

• 
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

You have no intrest in The Division?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FluxWaveZ

A PS4 on launch day and a Wii U sometime in 2014.

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ps4 and Wii U are consoles that I would want, though I don't know when I would get them. I'm a slow adopter.

WasabiCurry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS4 this year and Wii-U for next year.

Oh yeah, upgrading to a GTX 780 in November. :3

Yup, that is all i need.

EternalVigil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

360 for now, and then probably a PS4 when I can afford it.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Marcsman

PS4

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By BigBoss1911

PS4 launch day

DVombatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DVombatus

I'll end up with both an Xbox One and a PlayStation 4 eventually, but as of right now, PS4 will be my first console of this upcoming generation.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By crusader8463

Nothing at E3 has made me want to leave PC as my main platform and in many cases just reinforced my feelings of keeping consoles as a second class system reserved for the odd stuff that doesn't come to PC. As it stands now Microsoft and Nintendo have shown me nothing of interest to get their systems. Microsoft is doing everything I don't want them to and all the games they are hanging their hats on don't appeal to me in the least. Nintendo is just churning out more of the same games they always do and I don't have any interest in them.

Sony seems to be the only ones making games that look neat and interesting, but their move to add a paywall behind system features that are free on PC make me not want the thing as I never touched my 360 for years because of it. I'm waiting to see how badly they pay wall the systems various features on the PS4, and if it's as badly as the xbox then I doubt I will be getting a PS4 any time soon. It's not worth the fee for a thing that I will maybe buy a couple games for a year and typically only use for a few days out of a month.

MurderBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MurderBunny

PS4 and a Wii U.

Also most of the games on your list are either on both or on PC

moonwalksa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By moonwalksa

I'm surprised by how much I now want both a PS4 and a Wii U. I was expecting almost total disappointment, like I'm used to getting from E3.

donkeycow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By donkeycow

I went into E3 on the side of Microsoft, but after the press conferences i think Sony won me over. Not only do they have the more powerful machine, it's $100 dollars cheaper and that is a pretty major selling point right there. On the games front I think things even out some, Microsoft has a slight edge in this category but i don't know if it's enough to make up for the hard ware's short comings and their strict policies. In the end i'll wait a year after release to purchase so i'll know which console is the one for me by then, but if i had to choose now, it would be the Playstation 4.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy shit. Just watched the gameplay demo. Holy shit. That needs to go on my list. How did I miss this?

RustySanderke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want the PS4, but I hope I can resist until it has some Japanese exclusives I really want.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be honest, I came into E3 thinking I'd buy a PS4 on day one, but after the press conferences I'm leaning towards waiting a year or two. Gonna have to get a few more details on what games comes out to what platforms etc, but can't imagine I'll buy either before I start seeing reviews and more games.

Disaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want both an Xbox one and PS4, don't know how soon though. Maybe a Wii U down the line.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#17  Edited By BeachThunder

Personally, I'm not getting any of them.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

PS4 no question.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xyzygy said:

@the_laughing_man said:

Holy shit. Just watched the gameplay demo. Holy shit. That needs to go on my list. How did I miss this?

Ill add you as a buddy later on when the X1 comes out and we can play.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
    TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

Sony handily won E3 but I still find myself into the Xbox I liked a lot if what they showed. I'll probably get both.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#21  Edited By Video_Game_King

Not counting the Wii U? PS4.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Sunset Overdrive, Titanfall, and Project Spark all looked really cool at Microsoft's E3 press conference, but Titanfall is coming to PC and I can easily live without the other two. Actually, I could live without all three, but I won't have to live without Titanfall. Also, I love the first few Halo games but I don't need anything else out of that series.

Meanwhile, the PS4 just looks and sounds more appealing than the Xbox One. That multiplayer subscription comes with free games. Those discs? Yeah, I can lend them to a buddy or sell them on Ebay. I don't have to be online, so my PS4 will only stop playing games when it breaks and not a minute sooner. Indies can self-publish games, so I won't be missing out on something interesting because a developer couldn't find a publisher interested in their idea. While I don't think that cloud gaming will work as well as it should, I can still respect the idea that Sony are at least going for some form of backwards compatibility. And on top of all that, the more powerful console with the more interesting features is $100 cheaper than the one that's less powerful and more invasive.

Why on earth would I choose a Xbox One over a PS4?

While we're at it, I've said on these forums several times that I'm not buying a console at launch, and I'm sticking to that, but when I do buy one, it will be a PS4.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By xyzygy

Not counting the Wii U? PS4.

Who said not counting The Wii U? It's an option up top... lol. It's a viable system.

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Coafi

I'll keep my current gen systems until they stop making games for them, then down the road, I'll buy a PS4 and maybe a WiiU. A lot of the games that are being shown are still coming out for current gen, I see no reason to rush and buy a new console.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#25  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

I've already got the Wii U. If I hadn't already, then I damn sure would after that Bayonetta 2 trailer. As it stands, I'll wait until sometime next year to snag a PS4, when the things I'm looking forward to have been shown off a little more.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

PS4 either on release or soon after. WiiU if they can get some games.

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will get a ps4 and wii u. I'm a all system guy but i will not support Xbox one DRM plan so no xbox until they change their tune.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PlayStation 4 for me.

Ducksworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS4 and/or WiiU for me.

EarthBowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I already have a WiiU and will be getting a PS4 at launch. The PS4 is absolutely justifiable for not only what it offers in value but what it represents when stacked against the Xbox One.

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xbox One...Ordered it this morning :)

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33  Edited By myke_tuna

Wii U. The PlayStation 4 is the console to get at this point if you're a console gamer through and through. I play mostly on PC though and many of the games that excited me at E3 from both Sony and Microsoft are confirmed to be coming (or likely coming) to the PC anyway.

So the Wii U compliments my PC with Nintendo exclusives. However, I won't be buying one until the new Smash Bros. comes out.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

PS4, Wii U, and a new graphics card for my PC. Maybe an Xbox One in a year or two.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@myketuna said:

Wii U. The PlayStation 4 is the console to get at this point if you're a console gamer through and through. I play mostly on PC though and many of the games that excited me at E3 from both Sony and Microsoft are confirmed to be coming (or likely coming) to the PC anyway.

So the Wii U compliments my PC with Nintendo exclusives. However, I won't be buying one until the new Smash Bros. comes out.

I consider myself a console gamer through and through, I do hardly any gaming on the PC, but I personally don't see the PS4 as the "console to get through and through". I know this is a personal decision but I don't think it's fair to lump people who want an Xbox One into a category that doesn't call them gamers.

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
    connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By connerthekewlkid

Probably none for a year or two.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By myke_tuna

@xyzygy said:

@myketuna said:

I consider myself a console gamer through and through, I do hardly any gaming on the PC, but I personally don't see the PS4 as the "console to get through and through". I know this is a personal decision but I don't think it's fair to lump people who want an Xbox One into a category that doesn't call them gamers.

That wasn't my intention, but sure.

jimmy_p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By jimmy_p

Do you realize that 90% of what Microsoft showed were multiplats?

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#39  Edited By isomeri

Right now it looks like I'm buying the Xbox One at launch mainly because of Forza 5 and Quantum Break and the PS4 later on when there's something exciting to play on it. I still have no interest in the Wii U, but I am considering buying a 3DS the next time they drop price.

ExplodeMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ExplodeMode

I'll get a PS4, probably pretty early on.

I'll get a Wii U when it's around 200ish. I get that the controller makes it more expensive, but if I don't value that controller then it doesn't mean much to me.

I don't want the Xbox.

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a PC gamer, I won't be buying a next gen console until a massive price drop a few years from now. When that happens, the console will be a PS4, probably.

The whole SONY thing is tricky. I mean Microsoft are clearly heading in the direction of being consumer-raping fat cats, that much is clear, but SONY.. they were too honest and noble and nice during E3. Hey, if there's nothing to worry about and they actually stick to their promises and bring back the age of PS2 full of good intentions and support/respect for both consumers and developers, that's great for the industry and I'll be grateful for them pulling a Jesus, but I'm still not 100% sure that there's no catch.

It's too early to decide anyway, the hardware is a few months away from release, the conferences aren't decisive events, they only give impressions and draw a future plan.

Also, on a side-note, I'm having a real difficulty imagining the exclusive library of each console. So much multiplatform stuff thrown in there, the exclusives picture isn't clear.

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

My instinct is to get a ~PS4 because its cheaper and more powerful but the list of exclusives for the Xbone is currently

• Sunset Overdrive
    • Killer Instinct
    • Quantum Break
    • Ryse
    • Titanfall
    • Crimson Dragon
    • D4
    • Forza 5
    • Dead Rising 3
    • Halo That's quite a list and might tip the balance somewhat. Quantum Break, Titanfall, D4 and DeadRising are all games I would potentially play so that makes it difficult and I doubt I will have enough money for each console. Maybe i'll do what I did this generation, get the cheaper console (360) and then get the other one to play through all the exclusives. I would love to stick with the PS4 but Microsoft is throwing some serious $ at games. All in all its looking good to be a gamer over the next few years. Hard choices are good choices in gaming.
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

I'll get all of them eventually, but I'll definitely be getting a Wii U first. ZombiU, Pikmin 3, Bayonetta 2, The Wonderful 101, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, New Super Mario Bros. U, Super Mario 3D World, a new Super Smash Bros... that's a lot of exclusive games I'm excited to play, and some of them are already out.

Not sure whether I'll get a PS4 or Xbone after that. Pretty much everything I'm currently interested in for those will be on both, so I'll have to wait until they announce more exclusives.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I already have a Wii U, and I think I'm settled for this gen with it + 3DS + my lovely high-end PC. I admit that the PS4 looks good (how much of it comes from the Xbox One looking terrible remains to be seen), but I just can't get over my complete disdain for Sony, ugh. I might get one... in the future.

huss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By huss

I wonder how many of those exclusive deals were set up with Microsoft because of their DRM and other policies. I just can't support the direction Microsoft is taking when Sony has shown there is the superior alternative in this respect (also hardware-wise). The Wii U is sort of in its own category and seems like a fine enough system that may eventually have a large catalog of good games.

yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I already have a Wii U and I preordered the PS4. I'll get a XONE later in 2014 when my budget allows it, too.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#47  Edited By GunstarRed

The Wii U unfortunately.

Dot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Dot

PS4 is top priority. I'll probably end up getting an Xbone later, but for now I'm really liking the PS4.

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Im gonna grab a PS4 on launch day. It being $100 dollars cheaper is a big draw, Titanfall looks good but I believe it was said it was an Xbox time exclusive only and im fine waiting if i dont play it on pc. Also for 500 bucks ($503.10 after the math) i can get a Ps4 and 2 games with a 10% discount and after taxes, which is great cause i was already saving 500 for a new console anyway.

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#50  Edited By Brackynews

False trichotomy is false.

Which console am I getting first? Hell if I know. Will see how the actual lineup and actual policies look around the holidays.

I might pick up a new rectibox 360 just to, y'know, have a spare to actually play all my shit a few years from now after my inhales expire. :p

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.