So which game screams "That is NEXT GEN"?

#101 Posted by Scrawnto (2496 posts) -

I can't wait until I have time to actually watch all these trailers in HD. My only exposure thus far has been in heavily compressed live streams, so it's hard to say right now.

#102 Edited by buckybit (1517 posts) -

Which game screams "next gen"?

Probably E V E R Y ... S I N G L E ... O N E ... O F ... T H E M?!

The misconception many seem to have, is to judge the games by

a) the looks ("graphics")

b) the looks ("gameplay")

c) the looks ("story-trailer-beats")

... wrong approach.

You need to have had "hands on" with every one of the next-gen demos on the show floor, or in the "invite-only" rooms, to immediately find out, your E3 10 seconds - 10 minutes trailer/gameplay videos were less than informative, of what "next-gen" machines can do?

The technical aspect of the XBOX ONE and PS4 compared to their predecessors(!) should be enough to convince you? 8 GB of RAM alone should be enough?

John "Cowboy" Bellomy tried to explain to the GB audience (and the present "journalists") the difference, on last nights GB E3 Stream, but was sadly cut off too early, by the desire to tell more fart-jokes.

Brushing over innovation, like it isn't there. I look at Ryan Davis, who only 'watched' the stream like every single one of us - makes their "opinions" even less interesting. Keep staying uninformed, judging games by the looks, by what THEY like to play, by THEIR own gamer gut feeling, instead seeing the bigger picture, as good journalists should do - rather informing US, instead WE informing THEM ... things turned bad along the way.

#103 Edited by Winternet (8238 posts) -

Your face screams Next Gen!

#104 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1327 posts) -

MGSV, The Division, Destiny, Battlefield 4, Final Fantasy XV (hopefully we see more Kingdom Hearts footage soon)

Everything really looks awesome and I can't wait!

#105 Edited by SathingtonWaltz (2167 posts) -

MGSV and Ryse were the only games that impressed me graphically, everything else looked good but not really amazing. The leap to this generation graphically has been much shorter than previous ones.

#106 Posted by pweidman (2418 posts) -

Many of the games look great and make me wanna play 'em, but only one struck me as something up until now not possible, maybe except on some beastly gaming PC, and that was The Division. You gotta watch the clip several times to really soak up the amount going on and all the incredible details. Also the seamless(at least it appeared to be so, have to wait and see some live gameplay I guess)drop in/out and player interactivity in the co-operative roles. Also what kinda appeared to be a meshing of pve and pvp in a very seamless way too. Very intrigued by that game.

#107 Posted by Tesla (2005 posts) -

Metal Gear 5, Witcher 3, Final Fantasy XV, Battlefield 4, The Division and Destiny

#108 Posted by Lord_Xp (648 posts) -

Watch Dogs looks amazing as hell to me

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.