Alright, duders. E3 2013 is ten days away. I know! Crazy, right? Well, if you've been around Giant Bomb for a while, you know that each of the last few years, the moderators have held a contest for users to create the banners that will be placed at the top of each press conference's discussion thread. Whether you're a Photoshop master or a can't find the color red in MS Paint, you could win! So, read the rules carefully and start making pretty and/or funny stuff!
UPDATE: Thanks to @rorie, each of the six winners will also get a free month of premium membership. If you already are a premium member, an extra month will be added to your current subscription.
- You each can submit up to THREE banners for EACH press conference. So, if you've got multiple genius ideas for Konami's insanity. Have at it!
- Although you can submit many banners, you can only win ONCE. So, for example, if you win Microsoft, you can't win Sony. We gotta spread the love.
- All banners must be 650 x 150.
- No animated GIFs. Hard G or otherwise.
- General forum rules apply. (i.e. no nudity or otherwise NSFW stuff)
- Deadline for Konami is Wednesday night (June 5).
- Deadline for Microsoft/EA/Ubisoft/Sony/Nintendo is next Sunday night (June 9).
- While everyone is encouraged to pick their favorites, winners are chosen by the moderators.
Here are the details about when each conference is being held. Use these as you wish. Or don't. Or use incorrect information if you want!
- Konami - Thursday, June 6 @ 10:00 AM PDT / 1:00 PM EDT / 5:00 PM GMT
- Microsoft - Monday, June 10 @ 9:30 AM PDT / 12:30 PM EDT / 4:30 PM GMT
- Electronic Arts - Monday, June 10 @ 1:00 PM PDT / 4:00 PM EDT / 8:00 PM GMT
- Ubisoft - Monday, June 10 @ 3:00 PM PDT / 6:00 PM EDT / 10:00 PM GMT
- Sony - Monday, June 10 @ 6:00 PM PDT / 9:00 PM EDT / 1:00 AM GMT
- Nintendo - Tuesday, June 11 @ 7:00 AM PDT / 10:00 AM EDT / 2:00 PM GMT
As you can see, we've decided to go ahead and include Nintendo even though they won't be doing a live stage presentation. Nintendo will be releasing a Nintendo Direct on Tuesday morning before E3 officially starts, so I'm sure we'll have a discussion thread about that too.
Now you know the rules and the basic info you should probably include. So, get to photoshopping, drawing, or even photographing! Here's a template if you need a visual aid. And, if you need some inspiration, just check out all of the past winners below.