The Official Konami Pre-E3 Thread

#1 Edited by Marino (4732 posts) -
Winning Banner by BeatSafari

Congrats to @beatsafari! He wins this year's Konami banner contest and a free month of Giant Bomb Premium. Konami either changed the time on me or I got it wrong, so please ignore the fact that the banner says 10:30 AM. I'll take the blame for that. Considering the insanity of Konami, it's kinda fitting though! If you want a chance to win one of the other banner contests, you have til Sunday.

The Official E3 2013 Konami Pre-E3...Thing Discussion

It's officially E3 time, duders! If you haven't experienced the insanity of E3 before, the show starts off with press conferences from each of the three console makers as well as a few of the largest publishers in the industry. These presentations are prime real estate for game announcements, debut trailers, live gameplay demonstrations, and meme origins.

In an attempt to keep the E3 shenanigans organized, the mods institute these official discussion threads for each conference so that everybody has a go-to place to discuss them before, during, and after the show.

Keep Discussions On Topic

This thread is exclusively for the general discussion of the Konami press conference. Only discussion of the Konami press conference is allowed. Discussion involving the other company's conferences should be taken to their respective threads (once they're posted). And don't even think about going off-topic or derailing the thread with your predictions for your local soap box derby race.

Specific Announcements

The one and only Tak Fujii

E3 is THE place for announcing never before seen games. It's exciting, fast-paced stuff and we're all enthusiastic to start talking about all the new toys. But, please keep in-depth discussions about specific games in their respective forums. For more information about how to help us keep things organized, go check out the E3 2013 and You! thread.

To help you get where you need to go to talk about anything announced or shown during this press conference, we have created a list of them right here:

Despite the insanity of E3, keep in mind that the general site rules still apply. So, don't be a dick. If you need a refresher on to conduct yourself like an upstanding citizen of the Giant Bomb community, check out the FAQ.

Where Can I Watch?

If you know of any others, let me know!

#2 Posted by selfconfessedcynic (2564 posts) -

Hopefully the crew do a stream or do something appended to TNT like 2 years ago.

I think I'll sleep and catch the archive... can't keep my eyes open this time 'round.

#3 Edited by Winternet (8025 posts) -

Yoohoo E3 is here!

#4 Posted by Demoskinos (15009 posts) -

Whoa this thing is today?!

#5 Posted by Tearhead (2177 posts) -

I had no idea either. Will the GB crew be doing a live stream like they did last year? I might skip it if they don't.

#6 Posted by Darji (5294 posts) -

@tearhead said:

@demoskinos said:

I had no idea either. Will the GB crew be doing a live stream like they did last year? I might skip it if they don't.

As far as we know its pre-recorded but you don't want to skip it if you are interested in MGSV or Castlevania. This one is really big.

#7 Posted by MildMolasses (3223 posts) -

Scrubbing through the Konami press event as it goes live is one of my favourite #E3memories

#8 Edited by FLStyle (4765 posts) -

I don't care who's voicing Snake/Big Boss, just give me the road to Outer Heaven!

#9 Edited by Animasta (14711 posts) -

so anyone call Zobek? I'm sure he'd appreciate being invited to the festivities.

#10 Posted by RecSpec (3849 posts) -

The new voice is either David Hayter or Joakim Mogren.

The voice doesn't really matter too much, because I know that the MGS V trailer will be amazing.

#11 Edited by MX (242 posts) -

While I'm sure konami has some cool things to show, I'm just excited that E3, the konami part of it at least is starting.

#12 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4231 posts) -

No chat?.

#13 Posted by Demoskinos (15009 posts) -

I don't expect the guys to do any commentary on this at all but are we going to be able to at least watch in the GB chat room?

#14 Posted by Jeff (3626 posts) -

I don't expect the guys to do any commentary on this at all but are we going to be able to at least watch in the GB chat room?

We're looking at setting this up, but it might not make sense. Sounds like they're doing the same fake "live" thing they've done in the past, so the full video will go up alongside a streaming version.

So, you know, skip to the end to find out Kojima's dark secrets, I guess.

Staff
#15 Posted by Darji (5294 posts) -

@jeff said:

@demoskinos said:

We're looking at setting this up, but it might not make sense. Sounds like they're doing the same fake "live" thing they've done in the past, so the full video will go up alongside a streaming version.

So, you know, skip to the end to find out Kojima's dark secrets, I guess.

yeah probably also its only fun with reactions and commenting on it like with the PS4 and Xbone event.

#16 Posted by TurboMan (7604 posts) -

Can not wait!

#17 Posted by Winternet (8025 posts) -

@turboman: They just don't make 'em like they used to.

#18 Edited by TurboMan (7604 posts) -

I'm betting $2 that Tak Fuji will make an appearance today.

#19 Posted by DharmaBum (1049 posts) -

@turboman: I'm a huge fan of your work, sir.

#20 Posted by oldenglishC (970 posts) -

I will continue to swear at them under my breath until the give me Suikoden VI.

#21 Posted by SlashDance (1827 posts) -

No Hayter confirmed.

#22 Posted by Akyho (1677 posts) -

My reaction to the new Voice Actor is this.

Spoilers to 24.

#23 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4231 posts) -
#24 Posted by probablytuna (3724 posts) -

Kiefer Sutherland as Big Boss? Ehhhh............ I thought he was voicing the masked man?

#25 Edited by Cirdain (3099 posts) -

FUCK YEAH KIEFER SUTHERLAND!!!

Dark City

#26 Posted by rachelepithet (1391 posts) -

THEY MOCAPPED JACK BAUER!

#27 Posted by SlashDance (1827 posts) -
#28 Posted by BigJeffrey (5073 posts) -

The New Metal Gear Theme

#29 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

#30 Posted by alwaysbebombing (1620 posts) -

As long as Vinny plays some Lords of Shadow 2. I'll be alright.

#31 Edited by RVonE (4657 posts) -

Man, what was that?

#32 Edited by DrDarkStryfe (1139 posts) -

That Castlevania trailer had to be as long as it was, or else the whole show would have been only 15 minutes.

#33 Posted by TurboMan (7604 posts) -

so...

PES has Heart

MGS has Jack Bauer

Castlevania has bad Mega64 skits

did I miss anything?

#34 Posted by BeatSafari (5 posts) -

Oh cool, I won. Thanks!

#35 Posted by bassman2112 (842 posts) -

Man, that was among the worst presentations I've ever seen.

#36 Posted by PillClinton (3291 posts) -

Oh, it's just another one of those pre-recorded things? That's... underwhelming.

#37 Posted by Coafi (1490 posts) -

Wait, it's over?! Did I miss anything good?

#38 Edited by TurboMan (7604 posts) -

@coafi: Keifer is Snake now. PES is using Fox engine. Social games. There's a Dog in LoS 2.

#39 Edited by FLStyle (4765 posts) -

Kiefer Sutherland as Big Boss? Ehhhh............ I thought he was voicing the masked man?

The masked man is Big Boss, that whole escape sequence is a coma dream.

#40 Edited by LibrorumProhibitorum (349 posts) -

I honestly think Lords of Shadow 2 looks amazing.

#41 Edited by Reisz (1517 posts) -

So what uh, what was that whole chubby Dracula live action thing?

Seriously, I don't even come close to getting it.

#42 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6297 posts) -

No new Suikoden? OK. I'll go back to sleep then.

#43 Posted by probablytuna (3724 posts) -

@flstyle said:

@probablytuna said:

The masked man is Big Boss, that whole escape sequence is a coma dream.

Or maybe the masked man is Kojima, and you find out that Snake has always been Kojima.

#44 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5705 posts) -

@sparky_buzzsaw: Best part about Suikoden dying is that V is by far the best one on PS2; but hey at least I own a rare game now.

#45 Posted by TheHT (11506 posts) -

oh fuck i missed it?! well, i don't feel as bad as i thought it would.

#46 Posted by SnowyPliskin (101 posts) -

Will it be archived?

#47 Edited by selfconfessedcynic (2564 posts) -

Glad I went to sleep!

I honestly didn't think they could get someone to replace Hayter that I'd be happy with, but fuck yeah Jack Bauer.

#48 Posted by Marino (4732 posts) -

Will it be archived?

You can watch it any time you want at the Gamespot link above. There was no commentary by the Giant Bomb guys.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.