The Official Nintendo E3 2013 Thread

#1 Edited by Marino (4579 posts) -
Winning Banner by JeanLuc

And our final winner of the E3 2013 Banner Contest Challenge is @jeanluc. Congrats to all the winners and thanks to everyone who submitted one of the over 150 banners. It was pretty difficult for the moderators to pick their own top three for each one. Until next year...

The Official E3 2013 Nintendo Press Conference Discussion

It's officially E3 time, duders! If you haven't experienced the insanity of E3 before, the show starts off with press conferences from each of the three console makers as well as a few of the largest publishers in the industry. These presentations are prime real estate for game announcements, debut trailers, live gameplay demonstrations, and meme origins.

In an attempt to keep the E3 shenanigans organized, the mods institute these official discussion threads for each conference so that everybody has a go-to place to discuss them before, during, and after the show.

Keep Discussions On Topic

This thread is exclusively for the general discussion of the Nintendo press conference. Only discussion of the Sony press conference is allowed. Discussion involving the other company's conferences should be taken to their respective threads. And don't even think about going off-topic or derailing the thread with your predictions for your local soap box derby race.

Specific Announcements

Classic Reggie

E3 is THE place for announcing never before seen games. It's exciting, fast-paced stuff and we're all enthusiastic to start talking about all the new toys. But, please keep in-depth discussions about specific games in their respective forums. For more information about how to help us keep things organized, go check out the E3 2013 and You! thread.

To help you get where you need to go to talk about anything announced or shown during this press conference, we have created a list of them right here:

Despite the insanity of E3, keep in mind that the general site rules still apply. So, don't be a dick. If you need a refresher on how to conduct yourself like an upstanding citizen of the Giant Bomb community, check out the FAQ.

Where Can I Watch?

If you know of any others, let me know!

Staff Online
#2 Edited by OGred (196 posts) -

moar pikmin

#3 Edited by hidys (1029 posts) -

Is this going to be stickied?

Edit: Kay

#4 Edited by Dixavd (1291 posts) -

Personally, they needn't win on third parties for me or anything - they just have to convince me they have a good enough first-party line-up to make a WiiU my secondary console next generation. And obviously they have to continue with their 3DS onslaught (which is starting to get pretty great games-wise).

Hopefully we get to see demos of the Xenoblade sequel, Bayonetta 2, New Smash Bros., a Mario big console game (hopefully as big a shift as Super Mario Galaxy was) and a teaser for the next big Zelda. But most of all, hopefully they can bring at least 2 new IPs (I know Nintendo's past track record would suggest otherwise; but they have said Miyamoto is currently heading up development on smaller titles so hopefully they will be new IPs, and Retro hasn't shown their cards yet). Just wish they won't go too overboard on their "Year of Luigi"-thing...

#5 Posted by sionweeks (642 posts) -

All I need are amazing first party games. Let's go!

#6 Posted by Demoskinos (14515 posts) -

An hour to go before Nintendo pisses on the grave of Microsoft.

#7 Posted by Nictel (2364 posts) -

This and a new Retro IP will do it for me. By this I mean a Metroid game that isn't: "Adam can I please use my Varia Suit before I'm burned alive?"..

#8 Edited by JouselDelka (967 posts) -

I'm always fascinated by the fact that while I'm a massive game fan and junkie, I can't think of a single thing Nintendo creates or offers that even intrigues me. Proof right there that gaming is a colossal universe!

For those who do care for Nintendo, I hope this conference brings good news.

#9 Posted by OGred (196 posts) -
#10 Edited by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

I want to see more Pikmin and Wonderful 101 please!

#11 Posted by Dixavd (1291 posts) -

I just realised that the thing that Nintendo could do to instantly sell me on the WiiU can't happen: Since they have that Pokémon X and Y thing tomorrow, then they definitely aren't going to be doing a Pokémon WiiU game. I guess it is good to have those thoughts shattered prior to the event... (was kind of hoping on a console rpg/real-time-action pokémon game - but I guess that won't ever happen with GameFreak as stretched as it is with Pokémon X and Y).

#12 Edited by OGred (196 posts) -

@nekusakuraba said:

I want to see more Pikmin and Wonderful 101 please!

silhouette to the video hints W101 :D

#13 Edited by Nictel (2364 posts) -

I just want them to say "We're going to make modern versions of all those SNES games you loved."

#14 Edited by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

Whoop, 7 minutes!

#15 Posted by Winternet (8000 posts) -

I'm assuming there won't be a stream on the GB chat for this.

#16 Posted by Dixavd (1291 posts) -

I would love to see Nintendo and Sega team up with their Kart Racing series. I think both took some cool ideas into their latest instalments, so I think them working together on a single kart racer could be pretty special.

#17 Posted by JJOR64 (18883 posts) -

7 Min and I don't see the stream up yet.

#18 Edited by masterpaperlink (1829 posts) -

40 mins long? eh don't expect much

#19 Posted by Nictel (2364 posts) -
#20 Posted by OGred (196 posts) -

i can smell it

#21 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

and we're down to the last minute.

#22 Posted by Dixavd (1291 posts) -

It would be crazy if they brought up this Let's Play controversy...

#23 Edited by Winternet (8000 posts) -

We'll have to do it, the old way. Chat on a forum thread. Welcome to 2004.

#24 Posted by sionweeks (642 posts) -

Have fun everyone!

#25 Edited by Maystack (902 posts) -

Seeing as it's only available on Nintendo's site, maybe it won't be on chat?

#26 Posted by Winternet (8000 posts) -

Is it just me or that video window is fucking tiny?!

#27 Edited by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

Oh no, is the video not working for anyone else?

#28 Edited by hidys (1029 posts) -

@sexytoad said:

Oh no, is the video not working for anyone else?

I've got nothing.

#29 Posted by Maystack (902 posts) -

I'm not even getting a video, the site's freaking out.

#30 Posted by Epidehl (284 posts) -

Um... Is it totally broken for anybody else? It keeps trying to refresh the page and isn't loading for me.

#31 Posted by Winternet (8000 posts) -

Oh god. everything is freaking out!

#32 Posted by masterpaperlink (1829 posts) -

Is it just me or that video window is fucking tiny?!

watch on ustream in theatre mode

#33 Posted by JJOR64 (18883 posts) -

You, where the fuck is it?

#34 Posted by masterpaperlink (1829 posts) -
#35 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

@epidehl said:

Um... Is it totally broken for anybody else? It keeps trying to refresh the page and isn't loading for me.

Same here, what?

#36 Posted by Benny (1947 posts) -

stream is absolute garbage

#37 Posted by Winternet (8000 posts) -

Fuck that website.

Pokemon, btw.

#38 Posted by BisonHero (6048 posts) -

@maystack said:

I'm not even getting a video, the site's freaking out.

I sorta question whether they were prepared to weather the entire gaming press and a whole bunch of gamers all turning their gaze to one particular page.

#39 Posted by Dixavd (1291 posts) -

New Pokémon Type!!

#40 Edited by Nictel (2364 posts) -
#41 Posted by StarvingGamer (7912 posts) -

Ugh I woke up for this, please work :'(

#42 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

It looks up now

#44 Edited by masterpaperlink (1829 posts) -

i cant tell is this a new mario game?

#45 Posted by Dixavd (1291 posts) -

New Super Mario Bros. - Style of multiplayer but in full 3D - I'll take it!

#46 Edited by Winternet (8000 posts) -

So Nintendo just made Chrome and the rest of the things I had open crash. Great.

Anyway, Super Mario 3D World. For the 3DS, I'm sure.

#47 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

Okay, it's working. Looks like mario, that's pretty cool!

#48 Edited by Dixavd (1291 posts) -

Spiritual successor to Super Mario Bros. 2 and 3D. Cool.

#49 Edited by SnowyPliskin (99 posts) -

Come on Nintendo, please dont be shit.

#50 Edited by Winternet (8000 posts) -

December 2013 for Super Mario 3D World.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.