The Official Nintendo E3 2013 Thread

#251 Edited by alanm26v5 (463 posts) -

I bought a Wii U in March, but now I kind of wish I had waited. The whole thing seems like a flashback to the 3ds situation with a lack of games early on. I wanted something to get excited about this year while waiting for the next gen launch, I guess Pikmin 3 is it for me? The 3ds seems to be doing okay now, hopefully the Wii U situation improves similarly.

#252 Posted by ReCkLeSs_X (461 posts) -

I want to want a Wii U. I really do. I'm just having a hard time justifying the purchase with the lack of games and no price drop.

#253 Edited by Nezza (377 posts) -

Poor Yoshi. Those new eggs look like they hurt.

Yoshi the Dino-Sore-Arse

#254 Edited by Tesla (1944 posts) -

I was not at all surprised by Nintendo's inability to even stream their conference properly, much less show me something new or exciting.

#255 Edited by ArbitraryWater (12114 posts) -

Well, it clearly seems like I didn't miss anything this morning.

#256 Edited by Morbid_Coffee (955 posts) -

When they showed Megaman I was all like "come on, Nintendo! This was seen from miles away!"

Then they showed gameplay and almost all of his animations were of the NES sprite behavior.

My heart grew three sizes today and they sold me on buying the new Smash Bros. GG Nintendo.

#257 Edited by Ducksworth (662 posts) -

I thought the direct was okay. Would have liked to see some more stuff but I'm still holding out on the hope that we'll still see one or two things later on.

#258 Posted by kishinfoulux (2511 posts) -

I really don't see anything new or surprising coming. They sort of blew it.

#259 Posted by Tan (425 posts) -

X looks cool, smash bros looks cool, new mario looks really cool

cool cool cool

#260 Posted by Fantastical (94 posts) -

I thought the direct was okay. Would have liked to see some more stuff but I'm still holding out on the hope that we'll still see one or two things later on.

No way do they reveal anything super surprising.

Ugh, this was really disappointing.

#261 Edited by Red (5994 posts) -

I'll pick up a couple games for my 3DS (Pokemon Y, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Super Smash Bros.), but Nintendo did absolutely nothing that would interest me in the WiiU or really announce anything I would want for my 3DS that I didn't already know about.

Also, FAIRY TYPES? Come on!

#262 Edited by Aegon (5831 posts) -

Not done with the video, but 3D world looks really fun. Cat Mario seems like an awesome addition (as lame as the name is). Also pokemon X looks good as well. Hopefully the inclusion of pikachu and charizard in the trailer means we don't have to undertake difficult tasks before we can get to them. The addition of a new type that is strong against dragon seems smart. Why am I talking about pokemon so seriously?

#263 Posted by Darji (5293 posts) -

Just watching Sonic Lost World for Wii U and damn that looks so much better than the Mario stuff we have seen today from Nintendo. Really cool.

#264 Edited by ReCkLeSs_X (461 posts) -

@darji said:

Just watching Sonic Lost World for Wii U and damn that looks so much better than the Mario stuff we have seen today from Nintendo. Really cool.

As always, I'm worried about when Sonic slows down. Everyone knows Sonic is best when he's moving!

#265 Posted by Darji (5293 posts) -

@darji said:

As always, I'm worried about when Sonic slows down. Everyone knows Sonic is best when he's moving!

Yeah but they also showed such a level at then end. It looked really fun way more than the Mario 3D game for my taste at least.

#266 Edited by ReCkLeSs_X (461 posts) -

@darji said:

@reckless_x said:

@darji said:

Yeah but they also showed such a level at then end. It looked really fun way more than the Mario 3D game for my taste at least.

Definitely! (In my opinion) Why not make the whole game at that second level speed though?

#267 Posted by DrDarkStryfe (1148 posts) -
#268 Edited by crispy4001 (14 posts) -

One of the reasons I love Brawl modding.

#269 Edited by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

Wii Fit Trainer is OP.

#270 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4701 posts) -

@crispy4001: It is uncanny how similar those two stages are. I wonder if the Wiiu one will stop on different places like Delfino plaza or just hover around like Skyloft in Project M.

#271 Posted by FourWude (2245 posts) -

Reggie was too scared to attend this years E3. He had an insider tip by the Chinese Secret Service that Jack Tretton was gonna straight up murder fools.

Reggie got scared.

#273 Posted by Brendan (8136 posts) -

Awesome choice for banner, creativity without a sarcasm/funny angle is rare on the interwebs.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.