The Official Ubisoft E3 2013 Thread

• 154 results
#1 Edited by Marino (4102 posts) -
Winning Banner by boocreepyfootdoctor

You can't not like Hacksaw Jim Duggan. "Girl Wood" was one of the best/dumbest things about Ubisoft's E3 conference last year. And there's something hilarious about a guy whose gimmick is starting USA chants being the banner for a French company. For all of these reasons, @boocreepyfootdoctor has won the 2013 Ubisoft banner contest!

The Official E3 2013 Ubisoft Press Conference Discussion

It's officially E3 time, duders! If you haven't experienced the insanity of E3 before, the show starts off with press conferences from each of the three console makers as well as a few of the largest publishers in the industry. These presentations are prime real estate for game announcements, debut trailers, live gameplay demonstrations, and meme origins.

In an attempt to keep the E3 shenanigans organized, the mods institute these official discussion threads for each conference so that everybody has a go-to place to discuss them before, during, and after the show.

Keep Discussions On Topic

This thread is exclusively for the general discussion of the Ubisoft press conference. Only discussion of the Ubisoft press conference is allowed. Discussion involving the other company's conferences should be taken to their respective threads (once they're posted). And don't even think about going off-topic or derailing the thread with your predictions for your local soap box derby race.

Specific Announcements

The Duke

E3 is THE place for announcing never before seen games. It's exciting, fast-paced stuff and we're all enthusiastic to start talking about all the new toys. But, please keep in-depth discussions about specific games in their respective forums. For more information about how to help us keep things organized, go check out the E3 2013 and You! thread.

To help you get where you need to go to talk about anything announced or shown during this press conference, we have created a list of them right here:

Despite the insanity of E3, keep in mind that the general site rules still apply. So, don't be a dick. If you need a refresher on to conduct yourself like an upstanding citizen of the Giant Bomb community, check out the FAQ.

Where Can I Watch?

If you know of any others, let me know!

Staff
#2 Edited by Marino (4102 posts) -

Thread will be opened and stickied after EA.

Staff
#3 Posted by Sweep (8542 posts) -

Mod thread!

#4 Edited by MattyFTM (14244 posts) -

If you suffer from photosensitive epilepsy, don't view Sweep's post above. Don't say I didn't warn you.

#5 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (5797 posts) -

Also, if you want to avoid the herps, stay away from Sweepy altogether. That dude's a VD minefield.

Video games, folks!

#6 Edited by Chaser324 (5967 posts) -

Aisha is back, so it's appropriate that we would have "girl wood" represented in the banner.

#7 Posted by MattyFTM (14244 posts) -

You would be the one to know about that from personal experiences, @sparky_buzzsaw

#8 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (5797 posts) -

Ahem, yes, well... how about that new, uh, Battle Arena Toshinden, huh?

#9 Edited by MattyFTM (14244 posts) -

I'm bummed that you guys didn't turn this into a crazy, multi-page mod thread filled with insanity. Do I have to single handedly bring insanity to the mod team? I was at work, dammit. I couldn't be here to do it all myself.

#10 Edited by masterpaperlink (1823 posts) -

Chances of some beyond good and evil??

#11 Posted by Winternet (7936 posts) -

This is going to be the most amazing Press Conference. I can feel it. Don't disappoint me Ubisoft. Bring in the weird and the awkwardness.

#12 Edited by DemiGodRaven (262 posts) -

I really, really hope they continue the trend of Ubisoft press conferences being fucking nuts.

#13 Edited by BeachThunder (11265 posts) -

I honestly have no interest in Ubisoft franchises. I will still watch anyway. I suppose there's always going to be more Watch Dogs.

#14 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4030 posts) -

Fucking dammit, bring Rainbow 6 back!. And FarCry 4 would be pretty good, actually.

#15 Edited by Baillie (3955 posts) -

Is this going to be shown on GiantBomb?

#16 Posted by Winternet (7936 posts) -

I mean, BGE 2 would be amazing to see, but I just ask for Ubisoft to be Ubisoft and bring us the radiculous.

#17 Posted by GunstarRed (4733 posts) -

I can't wait to see what they're gonna do with next gen graphics and the Rabbids franchise. All those minigames are gonna blow us all away.

#18 Edited by jimmyfenix (3682 posts) -

@baillie said:

Is this going to be shown on GiantBomb?

YES!! Keep an eye at the top of the page duder

#19 Edited by Wikitoups (713 posts) -

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

#20 Posted by Jimbo (9710 posts) -

I have girl wood and crossbone for Black Flag. Keeping the faith.

#21 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19158 posts) -

#22 Posted by ThePickle (4149 posts) -

Ubisoft saw this level of cringe and said "we can top it."

#23 Edited by MedalOfMode (294 posts) -

I like it! Maybe POP?

#24 Posted by Chibithor (574 posts) -

Microsoft was ok, EA was great, can Ubisoft be amazing?!

#25 Posted by Coafi (1433 posts) -

Oh boy, music games!

#26 Edited by FourWude (2261 posts) -

HERE'S A GUY WITH A GEETAR!

#27 Edited by Coafi (1433 posts) -

NOOOOO! Why is she here again?! Dammit Ubisoft, what's wrong with you?!

#28 Posted by Aegon (5118 posts) -

Oh no Aisha, you're not gonna wear that the whole time are you?

#29 Posted by BeachThunder (11265 posts) -

Ughhh...

#30 Posted by masterpaperlink (1823 posts) -

its not awkward enough

#31 Edited by Winternet (7936 posts) -

#girlwood CONFIRMED!

#32 Posted by Zacagawea (1569 posts) -

@chibithor: Well, that really depends on what you mean by amazing. Amazing or amazing? Because it'll probably be amazing.

#33 Edited by DemiGodRaven (262 posts) -

I have a jerry cantrell pick from one of their shows in my wallet. I feel so close to the stage right now.

#34 Edited by Yummylee (20585 posts) -

Oh... no.

#35 Edited by BeachThunder (11265 posts) -

This is almost unbearable :(

#36 Posted by Coafi (1433 posts) -

I don't like her, just because her jokes are not funny. I wouldn't mind her, if she didn't try to be so funny.

#37 Posted by Mrsignerman44 (1100 posts) -

Can't wait for that worst of E3 2013 video!

#38 Posted by Capum15 (4573 posts) -
#39 Posted by Jimbo (9710 posts) -

Bigger than all other Splinters Cell!

#40 Posted by BeachThunder (11265 posts) -

You're watching it right now.

#41 Posted by Coafi (1433 posts) -

#42 Posted by Yummylee (20585 posts) -

You can't stop the blacklist grenade

#44 Edited by Chibithor (574 posts) -

@zacagawea: Aisha's certainly doing her best to earn those italics. Now, if they could just get Mr. Caffeine...

#45 Posted by Winternet (7936 posts) -

I knew you wouldn't let me down Ubisoft. I knew it!

#46 Posted by FourWude (2261 posts) -

US PRESIDENT IS ABOUT TO BE BUMMED!

ONLY SAM FISHER CAN SAVE HIM!

SOMETHING SOMETHING AMERICAAAA!

#47 Posted by Mrsignerman44 (1100 posts) -

@mrsignerman44 said:

You're watching it right now.

But it's always funnier cut up and out of context/

#48 Edited by Aegon (5118 posts) -

That girl has huge boobs.

#49 Posted by Yummylee (20585 posts) -

Jesus, that's a lot of... jiggle.

#50 Edited by Jimbo (9710 posts) -

Wouldn't be a Ubisoft conference without gratuitous tits.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.