Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2014

Concept »

The twentieth Electronic Entertainment Expo took place June 10-12, 2014 at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California.

Are you excited about E3 2014?

Wilshere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Wilshere

Closing to the start of the annual expo the crew has started stating their opinion on E3. Generally it feels that they are tired from it. I can imagine that running around for appointments and interviews is a lot of work, but still fun. They aren't obliged of covering everything, its GB after all. Personally i can't wait for it. I love watching the press conferences. The sweet montages and then for the inevitable embarrassing moments. GBs coverage is sublime too.

So, how do you guys feel about the video game circus showing its best and worst?

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm excited. Like I was for Xmas when I was a kid. Can't wait to see new games!

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

It'll be interesting. It seems that there are less and less AAA titles in development right now and my interests are all being satisfied by smaller companies that don't exist within E3.

Maybe this will be the year The Last Guardian shows up! (if I keep saying it, it has to happen some day, right?)

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By cloudymusic

I'm excited for the nightly live shows if nothing else. If we get a great recap video from it like Drew's video from last year, that'd be icing on the cake.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Loading Video...

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@turboman: I'm right there with you on The Last Guardian. At least release some concept art or something PLEASE.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

I think E3 coverage is very fun and E3 certainly has a place in the videogames world. All the big-money in one place.

I want to hear about some AMAZING PS4 games coming in 2015. Now is the time to blow it out guys. These next few weeks are going to set the tone and pace for this console cycle.

PopeAnonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Look, I just want Shenmue 1&2 in HD with English and Japanese voice options. Just give me that. Everything else would be icing.

SomberOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I get excited every year. Last year I took work off to watch the Monday conferences.

GabrielCantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this will be my first year since following Giant Bomb that I won't be able to watch the Press Conference's live, which is a bummer since without the chat there's basically no point.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#11 riostarwind  Moderator

I'm always hopeful that we will see another game that'll turn everything upside down again like when CoD 4 came out. Even without a new mind blowing game E3 is still entertaining. Especially with the GB chat and the nighttime streams.

Vanick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm excited to see all the games we get to play in 2015. Seriously though I'm looking forward to it and to hopefully seeing some games we don't even know exist since to me those are the most exciting.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

There are too many shows now and why, calling it, this could be the last E3. If anything Nintendo is brilliant in marketing and have shown why show up and waste millions when we you can just drop a 15 min video. Too many franchises have their boots dug in with solid fan base no need to waste money telling you what we already know.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

I already booked the week off from work, but I'm afraid I won't get it this year as the folks at work are a-holes as of late. Interested in seeing how it turns out. Jeff seems to be pretty down on it. Hope there will be a lot of big news and something to get excited about. Been a while since there was a game that got me excited.

MadsWare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By MadsWare

@me3639 said:

There are too many shows now and why, calling it, this could be the last E3. If anything Nintendo is brilliant in marketing and have shown why show up and waste millions when we you can just drop a 15 min video. Too many franchises have their boots dug in with solid fan base no need to waste money telling you what we already know.

I really hope that Nintendo´s E3 video is longer than just 15 minutes, otherwise there is something wrong. ;)

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Pretty much this.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@epidehl said:

I think this will be my first year since following Giant Bomb that I won't be able to watch the Press Conference's live, which is a bummer since without the chat there's basically no point.

Same here, excited but sucks not being able to follow the coverage live.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty excited, yeah. Last year's was incredible, particularly Sony's conference. If there's anything even half as exciting as that was, I'll be satisfied. Also looking forward to the super late-night live streams on this site.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm guessing Project Beast will be there. Maybe more FF XV.

There's been too many rumblings about Last Guardian in the last year to completely dismiss the very real possibility that it'll show up this time around.

Teoball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup. I've taken the week off from work just to watch all of E3. Something I've done every E3 week the last 4 years.

Avatar image for klragrmndfvrarg
    klragrmndfvrarg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's pretty much the highlight of my year.

*cries*

climax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I am actually pretty excited. The games announced will either sway me to buy a PS4 or not, unless the XBone somehow announces a bunch of MUST HAVE games for me.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By bigjeffrey

5/10 excitement for E3.

10/10 Excitement for giant bomb shit going on during E3

Avatar image for deactivated-62f93c42ce57b
    deactivated-62f93c42ce57b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

not excited. i dont think ive been excited about E3 since the PS3 unveil with the bathtub demo and all.

i feel like every year there's less and less to be excited for. i miss the good ole days.

Ford_Dent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This will be my first time seeing all of GB's E3 shenanigans, so I'm pretty excited for that. As for the conference itself, I will probably try to watch as much of it as possible at the office, although if shit gets really busy I'll have to skip it (or just watch a liveblog of things). Not sure what could come out that would get me really excited though--even with Project Beast, I've still got a lot of running around in Dark Souls II to do, so I'm not that into it. Mostly I'll be watching GB's nightly coverage and that will be pretty exciting all by itself.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

I don't know. Most of it is going to be focussed on new-gen consoles that I won't own for another five years. But then, I was pretty excited about games from the start of last generation that I never bothered playing. So I'll probably be okay with it once it starts happening.

And I do have a Wii U. It would be nice if they announced some games for that.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i love press conferences so yea.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I think every year I get less and less excited as it seems to get more "mainstreamed / MTV audience,ect". Also, as the guys explained in the bombcast, there are many less AAA games, and most of them tend to be sequels. If the big 3 would create more unique IPs, I would be much more excited.

Avatar image for deactivated-5985ee6460d86
    deactivated-5985ee6460d86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When it comes to new games I always feel like a kid :). Especially when I have a certain idea what the big 3 will show but eagerly waiting to be surprised by the new stuff.

Tehvenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesomeusername: This sums up what I feel. what's exciting is the rumors,drama,fights,chaos,games. A pure roller coaster of emotions.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#31  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Very much so. The mystery will always draw me in.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c26fd6917af0
    deactivated-5c26fd6917af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm excited to see if specific things show up, but overall this is probably the year I'm least excited over it. While I'm sure there will be some cool new stuff showing up I feel like following it very closely is a beyond me now.

Granted last year I was moving out of a house alone and preparing to make a transition closer to family, so I wasn't exactly in a position to follow it closely last year either, but it also showed me how little of an effect it had on my life. Information about the games that get announced will come in the future and I don't ultimately feel like I missed anything either (except maybe some commentary from the GB staff). I miss the anticipation that I had in previous years for E3 coming, but overall its just not having the impact it used to have, but thats really okay.

That said I'll probably still watch the press conferences, even if I miss the other stuff about the show itself.

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

GB's E3 show outclasses most of the news that actually comes out of E3.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Not like I was last year with all the new console stuff, but I'm definitely interested in seeing what gets shown.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'm interested to see what new stuff we'll see. Ubisoft generally unveils one new IP at their conference so I look forward to that (despite the recent cringeworthy presentations they've had). I'd like to see what Microsoft and Sony have planned and hope they show some new exclusives rather than more footage of already announced games. Heck I wanna see that Nintendo E3 direct and see what answers Nintendo has for selling us a Wii U.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. Just like always, I just wake up on each morning of the E3, check Gametrailers/GB and possibly go "Oh, now that game looks pretty neat!"

Shortbreadtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Always excited for E3, even more so now that I have a new console and like 5 games for it

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I don't own a next-gen console yet, so I'm hoping this E3 convinces me to finally get one. A few announcements of new games in the pipeline would be enough.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I think I'm mostly excited for Squarenix to tell us about patch 2.3 for FFXIV. Everything else eh....

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#41  Edited By s-a-n-JR

Two things I'm excited about for E3:

1) Virtual Reality

2) Giantbomb E3 videos, podcasts and other shenanigans.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#42  Edited By Bollard
    Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bollard said:

@awesomeusername said:

Great news! We still get Tretton:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/former-playstation-boss-jack-tretton-to-cover-e3-for-spike-tv/1100-6420005/

I know! Jack's gonna jabbing at Microsoft from the sideline while throwing mics everywhere!

@tehvenom said:

@awesomeusername: This sums up what I feel. what's exciting is the rumors,drama,fights,chaos,games. A pure roller coaster of emotions.

Agreed. Last year was an all out fight between MS & Sony to sell us on their consoles. This year will be about the games and I'm so excited for all the announcements, jabs at each other, and such. It's so damn exhilarating!

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By stonyman65

I'm always excited for E3. New games, new info, batshit crazy E3 Bombcasts, dev interviews.... What's not to like?

hacksword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By hacksword

Not excited at all. Anything I need to know about E3 I'll get from reading Rock Paper Shotgun (which I would be doing anyways).

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I am always excited for E3, and I think this is going to be a big announcement year...Forza Horizon 2 is already big for me!

mousse_gallon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 42

I should be but sadly I'm not at all.

reckless_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Hells yeah.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.