Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2014

Concept »

The twentieth Electronic Entertainment Expo took place June 10-12, 2014 at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California.

E3 2014: The Official NINTENDO Thread

• 72 results
    HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Holy crap. I think Nintendo just pulled me back in. I haven't owned a console of their's since the N64. But this. This lineup of games changes everything. My heart has grown three sizes and is now made of yarn. :'D

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Holy crap. I think Nintendo just pulled me back in. I haven't owned a console of their's since the N64. But this. This lineup of games changes everything. My heart has grown three sizes and is now made of yarn. :'D

Same, haven't owned a nintendo system of any kind since the n64 / Game Boy color. That Zelda game looks disgusting, wow.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By HerbieBug

It was Star Fox (as a rail shooter as is correct Star Fox game design) + the Mario level editor thing + Kirby + Bayonetta 2 (which I had previously resented being a Wuu exclusive) + Devil's Third + Zelda + yarn Yoshi + Wuu backwards compatibility so i can play the couple Wii games I missed, that did it. Combined with a whole lot of triple A stuff on MS and Sony consoles that do nothing for me. Plus most of the indie game I want to play being available on PC eventually if not immediately at launch.

KentonClay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm not saying Yoshi's Island is better than Super Mario World, but I'm not NOT saying it.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

I fell asleep before the video went up and started picking up bits and pieces out of order, but as soon as I saw the whole video with what they have to show I realized that from a first party perspective Nintendo kinda killed it. Splatoon looks fantastic, a familiar idea with just enough twists to make it seem really fresh, even the wooly yoshi game , Toad game and Kirby games despite being rehashes of past games/ sections of past games they still seem pretty damn awesome. Even the Skylanders stuff seems cool. I'd much rather have a bunch on Nintendo shit on my shelf than Skylanders and Disney characters.

Obviously Zelda U looked beautiful. It kinda looks like Killer is Dead if it didn't use blacks, reds and purples. Stunning looking thing, and if that's going to be an open world that could be a truly incredible thing. The really surprising thing from watching the video and a livestream of Hyrule Warriors is that it looks genuinely cool despite having absolutely no experience with Dynasty Warriors.

Also, that Xenoblade game looks pretty damn great, but I can't stand the hideous faces.

Giant Robot and the other prototype Miyamoto was showing look like really cool uses of the pad that wopuld seem like no fun to play...and then there is Star Fox... FUCKING STAR FOX!

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

If the new real Zelda is actually something new and they weren't talking bs then that game may be worth the Wii U price alone.

Enuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Enuff

That was really good. I am a bit disappointed by how the new Link looks, but we'll see how it turns out. Those figurines man... There goes my money

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enuff: Yeah, the design of his costume and face feels off. The world looks nice, but the character design needs work.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c26fd6917af0
    deactivated-5c26fd6917af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By the time it was over I'm actually really surprised that a. Jeff is still alive, b. Alex isn't in jail for murder, and c. how good of an argument nintendo made for the Wii U.

Captain Toad looks awesome.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Artistically those Yoshi and Kirby games look pretty fantastic. The Captain Toad game also looks interesting and a true open world Zelda sounds cool. Wii U is finally looking interesting, but I think I will continue to hold off for the time being.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Nintendo startin to look good!

Did Link look like a girl to anyone else? Would be cool to see them shake up that game in ways past linearity.

sodapop7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Since Nintendo has shown me that great games will come out on 3DS it was really good to see some very interesting stuff for Wii U. Zelda looked amazing but I won't think about it too much since it'll be Holiday 2015 minimum before it comes out I bet. But they've shown enough to keep me playing the Wii U until then!

DxBecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theht said:

Did Link look like a girl to anyone else? Would be cool to see them shake up that game in ways past linearity.

I thought something similar. Since the new Zelda seems to be about breaking standard Legend of Zelda conventions and tropes, I thought they were going to have you play as Zelda instead of Link.

KentonClay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By KentonClay

@dxbecks said:

@theht said:

I thought something similar. Since the new Zelda seems to be about breaking standard Legend of Zelda conventions and tropes, I thought they were going to have you play as Zelda instead of Link.

In Hyrule Warriors, his eyeliner game is very strong. If they didn't already know who the character was, I'm sure most people would assume that this is a girl:

No Caption Provided
    EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By EVO

Everything besides Splatoon was a total snorefest. Just shows that Nintendo is still capable of developing new and interesting IPs, but their focus is elsewhere.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just watched it. Holy crap I might need to buy a Wii u

perethorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By perethorn

Pac-Man is confirmed for Smash Bros!

Finally will have the big 4 for a showdown

Mysterysheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Mysterysheep

@dxbecks said:

@theht said:

In Hyrule Warriors, his eyeliner game is very strong. If they didn't already know who the character was, I'm sure most people would assume that this is a girl:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I dunno...

KentonClay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I dunno...

Oh, it's definitely possible, seeing as even Eiji Aonuma said that the character in the trailer "isn't necessarily" Link.

But considering how many variations he's had to his look through the years, I really wouldn't be surprised either way.

MrMuscle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

They ended up showing quite a bit of Xenoblade Chronicles X on the tree House show and im SO ready for it.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrmuscle said:

They ended up showing quite a bit of Xenoblade Chronicles X on the tree House show and im SO ready for it.

That's actually a game I was a bit confused about. Is Xenoblade Chronicles X the same as that X game they showed last year with the mechs? Is it a name change or a different game completely?

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#72  Edited By riostarwind  Moderator

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.