Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2014

Concept »

The twentieth Electronic Entertainment Expo took place June 10-12, 2014 at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California.

How are you watching E3?

• 80 results
    Fitzgerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I'll be going to that weird Sony Press Conference movie theater livestream event thing in Seattle.

mysour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By mysour

Last year I had tweetdeck set up to contain all the duders tweets in one stream and all other relevant game industry people's in seperate streams (developers, other lesser important press, people whose opinions I care about). I also had a few streams set up in tabs so I could switch to a better performing stream at any given notice.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I'll watch whatever is being streamed by GB while playing Wildstar or something else on another monitor.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Here on Giantbomb if they're also streaming out Gamespots' stuff. Otherwise both.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By Fredchuckdave

I'm not? I'll wait a couple days and figure out what happened in 5 minutes.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
    deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Press conferences I'm watching on Spike. Just because the video quality of a television broadcast beats any stream. Then the rest, I dunno... I might try GameSpot this year. Maybe Twitch. Full screen because Twitch chat is toxic with these types of things. Commentary stream I'll watch after the fact. Having people talk over the live broadcast seems terrible (as much as I love the GB guys). I want to take everything in the first time without hearing other people's opinions.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58  Edited By GaspoweR

@fakekisser said:

The last several years, I've watched the Game Trailers live feed of E3. Some of the personalties bother me, but they have good production, and they get some good guests. Jack Tretton being on this year sounds really interesting to me.

As an annual tradition/gag, Geoff Keighley will once again ask if AGENT is ever going to come out or if in what state it was in when he left and hopefully he gets a meatier answer since Jack is no longer with Sony...

Or he'll just say to ask Rockstar/Take Two

Also I watch the Gamespot stream coz of @dannyodwyer. I'M CALLING YOU OUT SON!!!

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thatonedudenick: Gamespot will have they're own dedi chat room but I believe the GB chat will also be open with an embed of the GS stream as well.

FakeKisser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

@fitzgerald: Let us know how that goes!!

@mysour: I should set up a special Twitter group to follow as well. That's a good idea!

@gaspower: Maybe I'll try to get into a GB chat room, but I'll likely be working while watching. So, I'm not sure how much chatting I'll be able to do...

Vaancor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Thankfully I stared a new job last month! The sad part is, since I'm now bottom of the totem pole again, I won't be off this week so I'll be stuck watching the After Hours shows during the day and hopefully catching streams if they happen in the mornings. Otherwise I'll be sleeping through most of them due to 3rd shift.

elko84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

With my eyes.

This pretty much sums it up

GRSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be watching the whole E3-Press conferences on Twitch, though I should also listen to GB live-commenting during these events if its still up.

SomberOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#64  Edited By SomberOwl

Whats going on at Twitch?

I use to watch GameSpot, Last year I watched IGN and I think I'm going to watch IGN for the conferences this year again.

Is this the Twitch line up? http://blog.twitch.tv/2014/06/twitch-broadcast-schedule-for-e3/

If so I've never heard of the hosts. They sound like Youtube or Twitch personality.

Shortbreadtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aren't Giantbomb doing those commentaries for the press conferences like they did with the console announcements? If they, that's how.

If not, any website that has a good video player. Living in Europe means I'm kinda boned for watching some of the conferences live

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
    EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

There's a chance I'll be moving around work during the conference portions so I think I'll be setting up a RTMP server so I can at least watch/listen to the actual GB-talking-over-conferences-streams from my smartphone via a single headphone/bluetooth while at work.

I did some testing and I think it'll actually be less resource intensive doing it that way through a AV app that can do RTMP than trying to use the mobile Twitch app, somehow. I am not a big fan of the Android twitch app, either.

droop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#67  Edited By droop
    No Caption Provided

Gonna be wierd without him..

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

I have to miss Microsoft and EA because of work but I'm gonna be able to watch Ubisoft and Sony with some friends, probably using the GB stream.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Theres this video game website called Giant Bomb that I'm pretty fond of.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'm going to watch the streams with the crew's commentary. It was pretty cool seeing them rip on them. I might not be able to see it live, but I'll catch them later when they are archived.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#71  Edited By 49th

I was going to watch the GB stream but I don't want to listen to them talk over it, not sure why they are doing that. I will probably watch on gametrailers or just watch the regular feed with GB chat up.

notdavid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be watching it with the GB crew commentary. I can't stand the banter and "corporate cool" of video game press conferences, so it'll be great to have the crew riff over it the whole time.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

I'll be in the Giant Bomb chat joining everyone to yell excitement and spout disappointment. Meanwhile, I won't have the Giant Bomb stream going because I don't wanna hear the guys chatting over it right away. I always watch their stuff on replay instead.

Meanwhile, I'll probably just watch stuff via GameTrailers unless their shit is getting overloaded again like last year.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I have work off tomorrow, so this will probably end with me just watching all of the press conferences with live commentary and going OHHHHH SHIIIIIT (and also "Man, I like Aisha Tyler in Archer but this is insufferable") instead of being responsible.

rkofan87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By rkofan87

@stackboy said:

I'll watch all the press conferences on Gametrailers and then rewatch them with GB commentary.

Have they confirmed they are doing the nightly shows too? They are always interesting.

this on spike and 360 for gt and I hope gb puts up prcs and live shows on youtube.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have never watched E3. I have listened to E3 podcasts from various sources instead.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On TV and then on my tablet.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I'll be watching the Sony Conference on the PS4's E3 app, not sure for the rest.

cerberus3dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By cerberus3dog

GameTrailers All Access Live for the press conferences. I'll come to GiantBomb to watch them again with commentary. For the rest I'll check out GameTrailers for my Geoff Keighley fix, Polygon for my quick news fix, GameSpot and IGN for their interviews, and GiantBomb for everything else.

Nick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are the giantbomb streams with commentary going to be archived? I've got to work tomorrow so if they are archived i will watch them when i get home each night.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

On my Xbox one and laptop

mjk0104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In my sleep given the time it's on, if the GB commentary is archived I'll watch that, otherwise I'll just read a summary.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.