New IP reveal you're most excited for

• 53 results
Edited 6 months, 11 days ago

Poll: New IP reveal you're most excited for (262 votes)

Bloodborne 32%
No Man's Sky 40%
Splatoon 8%
Codename S.T.E.A.M. 4%
Scalebound 6%
Entwined 0%
Ori and the Blind Forest 2%
Inside 2%
Abzu 1%
Guns-Up! 0%
The Talos Principle 0%
The Assembly 0%
Miyamoto's Project Giant Robot 0%
Miyamoto's Project Guard 0%
Smaller Indie game (Cuphead, Aztez, Mighty No. 9, etc) 2%

This year at E3, we actually got ourselves a handful of new IP that was announced this year. Certainly some new IP got more attention than others, namely Bloodborne and No Man's Sky got a lot of buzz, however, out of all the new IP that was revealed, which one new IP are you most excited about. This poll only includes games that made their E3 debuts this year, not last year. So don't expect Sunset Overdrive to be a possible choice here.

#1 Posted by m4r71n2012 (55 posts) -

I really enjoyed the reveal of splatoon, its a bit of a kiddy battlefield i guess but some of the mechanics and the visuals look really cool

#2 Posted by Capum15 (5000 posts) -

No Man's Sky, simple.

Bloodborne and Scalebound seem cool too though. Bloodborne seemed hella Souls (which is fine by me). Not too sure on what Scalebound is exactly but the trailer was cool.

#3 Posted by Fustigate (18 posts) -

Bloodborne for me! Another game from the creator of Dark Souls... that's a system seller for me. I didn't want to buy a next (current) gen system and ride it out on PC.

No Man's Sky is a close second, I just don't know enough about it to get super excited. Sure looks good.

#4 Edited by Achaemenid (93 posts) -

The Order 1886? No option on the poll

#5 Edited by shinjin977 (799 posts) -

@achaemenid: The order was revealed last year?

I am more excited for stuff they have yet to reveal. Yosp just said Sony will have new stuff to reveal at TGS and Gamescom. I assume the same is true for the other 2 company. So that seems pretty exciting, more games!

#6 Posted by probablytuna (3829 posts) -

Pretty sure they revealed No Man's Sky before as well. I'm not hyped up about that simply because it sounds way too ambitious to be true and we still know next to nothing about what sort of game it will turn out to be. My most excited "new" IP is without a doubt Bloodborne.

#7 Posted by Pie (7112 posts) -

I guess they didn't put a name on it but I really want to see more of whatever Criterion is working on

#8 Edited by audioBusting (1649 posts) -

I'm surprisingly excited for Splatoon. It looks like it could be really fun! They didn't show very much of Bloodborne and Scalebound, which I'm interested in but wouldn't say excited, and No Man's Sky isn't a new IP reveal dude.

#9 Edited by MocBucket62 (1260 posts) -

My bad about No Man's Sky, it was the first time I've seen the game before so I thought it was a new reveal. Didn't know they revealed the game before E3.

#10 Posted by Capum15 (5000 posts) -

@mocbucket62: Well it did technically make it's first E3 appearance this year. Was announced at VGX end of last year.

#11 Posted by Immortal_Guy (127 posts) -

Splatoon looks wierdly good - I thought the character designs and name looked stupid when I first saw it, but by the end of the segment the gameplay had won me over. I'd have to say I'm most excited about Scalebound, though - not neccesarily because they showed anything to be excited about, but because I love me a good character action game, and Platinum Games seem pretty good at doing those.

#12 Edited by Noblenerf (332 posts) -

I'd vote for Bloodborn, but I won't ever have a chance to play it so that kneecaps my interest quite a bit. I bet it will be great, in any case.

No, my vote must go to Splatoon, which captured my attention at E3. It looks incredibly fun, well-designed, and innovative and it managed to rekindle my interest in multiplayer shooters. A grand success of a game, if the reveal is anything to go by. Gotta give Nintendo credit for their length explanation of the game, it really made me interested in the game.

My runner-up would be Ori and the Blind Forest. That game looks very intruiging, but I don't know enough about it to properly judge it yet.

#13 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4859 posts) -

Splatoon.

I'm real excited about Bloodborne, but I kinda know what to expect. No Man's Sky looks pretty and sounds technically impressive, but it also sounds like space Minecraft if there really are no objectives in it, and the procedurally generated nature of it means the world will just have no history, no lore, and will thus be completely uninteresting. Don't really know enough about it yet to care at all, I'm not the type to get excited by flashy trailers. Splatoon is Nintendo's take on the multiplayer shooter and looks to alleviate a lot of the stagnation there.

#14 Posted by PSNgamesun (414 posts) -

A lot of cool stuff but No Mans Sky takes it easily imo. Imagining traveling through worlds and just random stuff happening is awesome and almost feels Infinite.

#15 Edited by pinner458 (854 posts) -

Cuphead!

#16 Posted by nasp (424 posts) -

bloodborne for sure.it would have been no mans sky,but i have more confidence that bloodborne will be good because the people making it have proven they can make great games.

#17 Posted by wrecks (2318 posts) -

Equally excited for NMS, Inside & Cuphead.

#18 Posted by AndrewB (7691 posts) -

Right now I'm getting into the FromSoftware style of game way later than most, so Bloodborne is my answer. No Man's Sky has potential but they just haven't shown enough to people outside of the industry and they haven't proven that they have much of a game. It's one of those things everyone could love if they were maybe given a demo and proof it was what they say it is, but that makes it more difficult to be excited about.

#19 Posted by syz (252 posts) -

Bloodborne is the easy choice just because I know what it's going to be... I have faith in Platinum and Scalebound but it was just a CG trailer.

#20 Posted by xyzygy (10078 posts) -

I picked Scalebound because it's Platinum and I have loved every single thing the released. I am a little confused as to what No Man's Sky it actually is but it does look nice.

#21 Posted by JYoung (156 posts) -

Most excited for No Man's Sky, but a game I'll most realistically play is Inside. I'm all in for another Limbo-type.

#22 Posted by DeepSpace9MM (126 posts) -

Bloodborne followed by Cuphead. Cuphead looks pretty fuckin' cool, but since I'm obsessed with the Souls games, gotta go with Bloodborne. No Man's Sky looks like it could be neat, but I just get a weird Spore vibe from it. It all just seems too good to be true and seems like there's no way they can deliver on the hype. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

#23 Posted by Pr1mus (3951 posts) -

I can't get excited for No Man's Sky until they can prove it is in fact a game with stuff to do in it. Right now it remains a very spectacular tech demo.

Bloodborne it is.

#24 Posted by Gruebacca (570 posts) -

No Man's Sky and Bloodborne are the two that really stand out for me. I would've voted for Bloodborne hade they shown the cancelled gameplay trailer instead of the CG one we got 'cause man! That gameplay looks fuckin' awesome!

#25 Posted by MEATBALL (3494 posts) -

It's probably Splatoon, it looks like a lot of fun, looks like a nice, unique idea and I really dig it visually to.

No Man's Sky and Bloodborne look super cool, but I can't get quite as excited about them until I see more? That's not to say I'm not excited about them, they look/sound awesome. (Though I'm not sure if Bloodborne will be for me, I wound up finding both Dark Souls games just weren't my jam ultimately, in spite of enjoying a bunch of the core mechanics)

#26 Posted by Droop (1916 posts) -

Bloodborne for me. I'm too skeptical about No Man's Sky. It looks and sounds great, but I just don't know if they can deliver.

#27 Edited by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -

Wow, not one of those holds my interest. A bunch of indie games I probably won't play. I wish AAA developers made more original games, all this sequel shit is getting annoying.

Also, you didn't mentioned Rainbow Six Siege

#28 Posted by ToTheNines (839 posts) -

Wow, not one of those holds my interest. A bunch of indie games I probably won't play. I wish AAA developers made more original games, all this sequel shit is getting annoying.

Rainbow six is not a new IP..

#29 Posted by TheMasterDS (2138 posts) -

No Man's Sky shouldn't count.

Guys. Codename STEAM is goddamn Lincoln Force made by the Paper Mario guys. I can't not pick that.

#30 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -

@somedelicook said:

So No Man's Sky, a game already revealed, is on the list and so is Bloodborne, a game that is a spiritual sequel/successor to a franchise is on the list but a game that shares half its title with a series but has completely original and new gameplay from the rest can't be on the list.

Okay

#31 Posted by ToTheNines (839 posts) -

@tothenines said:

@somedelicook said:

So No Man's Sky, a game already revealed, is on the list and so is Bloodborne, a game that is a spiritual sequel/successor to a franchise is on the list but a game that shares half its title with a series but has completely original and new gameplay from the rest can't be on the list.

Okay

I am not entirely sure what your problem is. This is a poll of new IPs and Rainbow Six Siege simply isn't a new IP. Has nothing to do with the quality of the game or when it was revealed.

#32 Posted by Corevi (5003 posts) -

Scalebound all the way. I don't even need to see gameplay to know it will be rad as hell.

#33 Posted by Nodima (1296 posts) -

In lieu of any applicable options, Rainbow Six: Siege. The Last of Us' multiplayer almost had me convinced it was the spiritual successor to SOCOM II, maybe Siege can seal the deal. I really hope developers come to embrace non-respawn game types this generation, it's so much more rewarding than infinite respawns or even tickets.

#34 Posted by DarthOrange (3906 posts) -

Splatoon because squids.

#35 Edited by Evilsbane (4744 posts) -

Where is Destiny.

Oh REVEAL nm, Bloodborne easy.

#36 Posted by Stonyman65 (2873 posts) -

Probably No Man's Sky. Mostly because I want to know what the hell that game actually is.

#37 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11406 posts) -

No Man's Sky wasn't actually revealed at this E3, so I don't think it should even be in this poll.

Either way, my vote goes to Bloodborne.

#38 Posted by Monkeyman04 (1225 posts) -

If I could have picked two I would have gone with both No Man's Sky and Bloodborne, but in the end I went with Bloodborne.

#39 Edited by JJOR64 (19070 posts) -

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

#40 Edited by Irvandus (2890 posts) -

Bloodborne by far but shout out to Scalebound. Please keep giving Platinum work they are excellent.

#41 Edited by EthanielRain (930 posts) -

Weak list...Bloodborne by default, I guess.

#42 Posted by development (2640 posts) -

Kind of a loaded poll, putting Bloodborne at the top, eh? Above all the lesser-known ones? What the hell, though, because it's my answer.

I almost forgot about Scalebound already.

#43 Posted by SaturdayNightSpecials (2445 posts) -

No Man's Sky was pretty much revealed already.

After reading this story about Let It Die, I'm really interested in it. That trailer did a really exceptionally bad job of communicating the idea of the game.

#44 Posted by DevourerOfTime (461 posts) -

I'm so impressed that Splatoon is third.

#45 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

No Man's Sky shouldn't really be a part of this poll.

And I'd say that S.T.E.A.M. gets my vote. A Valkyria Chronicles-style strategy RPG from Intelligent Systems sounds rad.

#46 Edited by zombie2011 (5049 posts) -

No Man Sky was announced last year, so if were going by old announcements i choose

Sunset Overdrive.

#47 Posted by NMC2008 (1237 posts) -

Scalebound

#48 Posted by Slag (4889 posts) -

I don't see Capt Toad: Treasure Hunter on that list

so Codename S.T.E.A.M then

#49 Posted by Dalai (7071 posts) -

No Man's Sky is my choice. If that game lives up to its promise, that could be something special. Also, really surprised to see a lot of Nintendo entries. Splatoon looks pretty neat and S.T.E.A.M. is essentially Lincoln Force.

#50 Posted by StarvingGamer (8558 posts) -

S.T.E.A.M. JTRPG is my favorite genre.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.