Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2014

Concept »

The twentieth Electronic Entertainment Expo took place June 10-12, 2014 at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California.

Your Top 3 Games of E3 2014 Day Zero?

• 117 results
    Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Coafi
    1. Grim Fandango
    2. Batman: Arkham Knight
    3. Far Cry 4

I'm with @demoskinos, I don't see the thing everyone has for No Man's Sky. It seems like a bunch of concepts thrown together and made into a cool looking vid. I'm hoping we get more info and vids as to how it plays.

Edit: So, here's the No Man's Sky about page. Hmm, not much there. I guess, I'll just wait and see with this one.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@coafi: You getting GTA V on PS4?

wh1terav3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

• The Witcher 3
    • Dragon Age: Inquisition
    • Forza Horizon 2

I'm not convinced yet on No Man's Sky, Sunset Overdrive looks like fun, but I want to know more about game structure, Arkham Knight looks fantastic but I played Origins and I'm not sure I can do another Batman game right now. Unity looks great but I've played every AC and I'm getting burned out. But I'll probably play them all...

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

1. Rainbow Six: Siege - Oh, hell yes. I was hoping to see a glimmer of hope from one of my favorite franchises of all-time, and there it was in all its tactical glory. I'm aware that this game won't happen until Fall 2015 at the earliest (probably later) and will probably be neutered a bit, but any RB6 news is huge to me. After Patriots pretty much disappeared, I needed this. I have my doubts that the multiplayer will work that well, as assclowns will probably just cap the hostage over and over, but if they can make that punitive enough to discourage that crap, this could be greatness. This game flat-out replaced Battlefield: Hardline on my excitement list, especially after EA's horrific E3 showing. There hasn't been a bad RB6 game yet, so I'm Day 1 on this for sure whenever it comes out.

2. GTAV on Xbox One - Patience is a virtue. I passed on buying this for my 360 to wait for this proper version, and it's nice to be rewarded for that. I'll experience it for the first time on next-gen, and it's going to be awesome. I wish R* would similarly bring RDR to the PC for the PC gamers, but that dream is probably dead. I'm sure some form of Red Dead sequel is in the works, though. I'm kind of hoping we hear about that soon, but R* plays it pretty close to the vest and probably won't drop that bomb until next year when it's closer to completion. Still, I'll happily take GTA V for now.

3. Halo Master Chief Collection - Freaking awesome. I absolutely cannot wait to play the original Halo multiplayer instead of the half-assed nonsense we got in the Anniversary edition, and I'm more than willing to play through the original's campaign for about the 1,000th time. Also, I was disappointed enough in Halo 2 to not play much of 3 or any of 4, so I'm looking forward to giving those a shot on X1. My excitement over this year's COD really isn't there this year and Battlefield:Hardline may/may not be worth a damn, so I'm thrilled to have this as a multiplayer gaming option this fall. And even though these aren't "new" games, it's nice to have this on X1.

Honorable mention: The Division - My interest in this is waning a bit. It looks like it will follow the Watch_Dogs hype pattern for me to where I was initially blown away by it, upset at the delays even if they're necessary, disappointed mid-development cycle with the inevitable realization that it's not going to live up to the initial demo, taking a wait-and-see approach until it comes out, and ultimately being pleased with a solid, but less spectacular than hoped product. It still doesn't seem anywhere near ready. It had arguably the coolest trailer of E3, though. I'm just not hopeful of seeing it anytime soon, so I'll probably save my excitement for next E3 on this one.

Honorable mention: Forza Horizon 2 - I actually didn't play the original, but apparently it was great. I really enjoyed Forza 5, and I was happy to fire it up yesterday and finally race around the ring. Still, Forza 5 had its faults. It was WAY too centered around micro-transactions (which I actually wouldn't take huge issue with if it didn't have the "car pack-only" nonsense and you could just buy all cars a la carte), and it was lacking in the "fun" factor. Still, it's a beautiful, technically-sound game, so it serves as a great foundation for Forza Horizon 2. If that game can add some fun and learn some lessons from the microtransaction failures of FM5, it could be something special.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

In no particular Order

1.) Rainbow Six Siege

2.) Dragon Age: Inquisition

3.) Tie between Mass Effect 4 and Battlefront for the environments

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos: Need a PS4 first. :( But, yeah! I'm thinking of getting one of those white bundles.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm welll...

1: Metal Gear Solid V, I would literally buy an Xbone if it were Xbone exclusive for this one game. Love MG.
    2: Destiny. Sue me.
    3: Bloodborne, but it sure would be nice to see a high quality gameplay trailer.

Honorable mention: Witcher 3.

Revan_NL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In no particular order: Batman Arkham Knight, Uncharted 4 and Sunset Overdrive (even if I don't own nor am I planning to buy an Xbox One, that game just looks great)

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

@coafi: Ooh I hope so! would be fun to raise hell online again with you. Getting a helicopter and sniping people from rooftops was always hilarious.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#110  Edited By DarthOrange
    nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

• Far Cry 4
    • Bloodborne
    • No Man's Sky

Special shout out to Rainbow Six, I don't care for multi but that looked awesome and I hope for a single player campaign. Or if its just terrorist hunts I'll get it anyways.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

1. Halo: Master Chief Collection
    2. Crackdown
    3. Forza Horizon 2
    4. Far Cry 4
    5. Dragon Age: Inquisition
    VioleGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1- THE SIMS 4 !!! ( i wonder why no one mentioned such a great game )

2- The witcher 3

3- Dragon age Inquisition

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. GTA V

2. Zombies

3. Bloodborne The Last of Us

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

@redbullet685 said:

Jumping from car to car, fucking elephants, co-op?!

"Jump from car to car, fuck elephants and conquer the living world of Kyrat with a friend" - Far Cry 4, cumming November 18, 2014

I thought about how I worded the "fucking elephants" part of that sentence before posting, yet I didn't change it, and here we are.

PimblyCharles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Far Cry 4, Grim Fandango and No Man's Sky. GTAV (PC) as honorable mention.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By bigjeffrey
    jadewiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Phantom Dust: I've been waiting for a new one since the original came out. Reboot or Remake, this could be fucking amazing.

2. Mass Effect: The entire series was amazing. Probably my favorite series. More than ready for more of this universe.

3. No Mans Sky: This game is doing what I wish Mass Effect would do: Seamless transition from world to space. I think that in and of itself is a fucking cool mechanic worthy of checking out.

Avatar image for deactivated-62f32fe5160f8
    deactivated-62f32fe5160f8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. The Order: 1886

2. Dead Rising 3: Super Ultra Arcade Remix Hyper Edition EX + α

3. No Man's Sky

Although any of those 3 could be replace with: The Witcher 3, Destiny, Far Cry 4, Bloodborne, Mortal Kombat X, Sunset Overdrive or The Last of Us Remastered.

Also, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker has me hyped more than them all, but it wasn't from Day Zero.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#120  Edited By KaneRobot

It almost seems like a waste to mention a collection of old stuff, but I'm really looking forward to the Halo collection.

Crackdown was a favorite during the first few years of the 360. If they put in the level of destruction they seem to be implying, I'm SO FUcKING IN for this game.

Mortal Kombat X. MK9 was my second-favorite game of the generation, I'm expecting the same level of quality again. Definitely my most anticipated game of next year.

Honorable mention:

Phantom Dust was a game that I enjoyed (against all odds) back on the XBox, and I'm excited for whatever the new thing is.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.