Nope, E3 Isn’t Leaving Los Angeles

• 92 results
Posted by patrickklepek (4630 posts) -
I'll just have to eat enough deep dish pizza while I'm still hanging out in the midwest.

UPDATE: Seems like all of E3 will still be contained in one place, so freaking out about having to drive all around Los Angeles appears to be preamture. But I like freaking out.

--

I’d been crossing my fingers E3 might move to Chicago the next few years, but that’s not to be.

Despite some rumors Los Angeles’ plans for a football stadium would push E3 elsewhere, all parties involved have come to an agreement that will keep E3 in the same place through 2015.

Los Angeles still doesn’t have a football team yet, of course.

According to the press release, the city of Los Angeles will plan construction around E3, and have apparently taken note of design suggestions for the impending changes. It also means we'll be shuttling through endless venues (currently being pitched as a "plus"), which will no doubt make E3 a huge logistical pain!

The dates for E3 2013 (can’t believe I typed that) are June 11-13.

Staff
#1 Posted by patrickklepek (4630 posts) -
I'll just have to eat enough deep dish pizza while I'm still hanging out in the midwest.

UPDATE: Seems like all of E3 will still be contained in one place, so freaking out about having to drive all around Los Angeles appears to be preamture. But I like freaking out.

--

I’d been crossing my fingers E3 might move to Chicago the next few years, but that’s not to be.

Despite some rumors Los Angeles’ plans for a football stadium would push E3 elsewhere, all parties involved have come to an agreement that will keep E3 in the same place through 2015.

Los Angeles still doesn’t have a football team yet, of course.

According to the press release, the city of Los Angeles will plan construction around E3, and have apparently taken note of design suggestions for the impending changes. It also means we'll be shuttling through endless venues (currently being pitched as a "plus"), which will no doubt make E3 a huge logistical pain!

The dates for E3 2013 (can’t believe I typed that) are June 11-13.

Staff
#2 Edited by CommonReason (109 posts) -

Not a surprise. LA gets a ton of these expos. I always hear about E3 moving or slimming down, but it tends to stay the same.

#3 Posted by Athadam (693 posts) -

Isn't E3 next year going to be split up around LA?

#4 Posted by Sanj (2393 posts) -

Fuck me I want to eat that pizza.

#5 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11061 posts) -

So does that mean the "Coming Up On" thing will have the date for the first E3 Bomb Casts soon?

#6 Posted by DeF (4894 posts) -

thanks, now I'm terribly hungry.

#7 Posted by Brendan (7813 posts) -

Thin crust pizza is where it's at anyway.

#8 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

What a pain, how will you survive that 3-4 day trip?

#9 Posted by Mandrewgora (193 posts) -

that pizza is making me shutter with hunger.

#10 Posted by fr0y0 (150 posts) -

Hey Patrick, I did the math: E3 is in ten and a half months!

#11 Posted by GalacticPunt (1057 posts) -

Goddammit I miss true deep dish so much...

Start booking your E3 podcasting crack house now, before all the good crack houses are claimed!

#12 Posted by InfiniteGeass (2054 posts) -

They should hold E3 at the south pole.

#13 Posted by sthef (5 posts) -

Long time reader, first time commenter. I logged in just to say that pizza looks delicious....

#14 Posted by andrewf87462 (558 posts) -

Strangely enough i've just come back from eating pizza, and this is the first article I read.

#15 Posted by Dezztroy (797 posts) -

Had some Giordano's when I was in Florida for vacation a few weeks back. Man, that was some good pizza.

#16 Posted by thorkildsen (40 posts) -

almost e3 again :D

#17 Posted by MormonWarrior (2593 posts) -

Gosh dang it, Patrick, I'm trying to start a diet...but deep dish pizza..........mmmmmm....

#18 Posted by NMC2008 (1237 posts) -

that pizza looks gross.

#19 Posted by ThatPrimeGuy (142 posts) -

Great, I gotta go eat pizza now. Hate you, Patrick.

#20 Posted by fusrodah (95 posts) -

Anyone else sort of upset that Vinny hasn't put E3 2013 on the "Coming Soon" part of the homepage yet?

#21 Posted by WickedCobra03 (2106 posts) -

It would have been awesome in Chicago or something. I mean that city is more than large enough to handle it.

#22 Posted by Undeadpool (4945 posts) -

Patrick, Jeff and Ryan are right about Old Chicago in Petaluma and you've done a great job of making me hungry for it.

#23 Posted by TheHBK (5486 posts) -

I don't know what other city might be great for E3. Vegas seems like a logical pick for conventions.

#24 Posted by McChicken116 (11 posts) -

I was really hoping it would move somewhere different. And at least you guys can eat Portillos.

#25 Posted by SmilingPig (1337 posts) -

I could go for DDP right about now.

#26 Posted by wrecks (2260 posts) -

That is not a Pizza. It is Lasagna in a bread bowl.

#27 Posted by ThreePi (61 posts) -

Drat! I would have loved to see E3 at McCormick Place or somethign.

#28 Posted by jimmyfenix (3855 posts) -

bring E3 to the UK

#29 Posted by Darkstorn (465 posts) -

I'm still amazed that E3 isn't in the San Francisco bay area, it's the mecca for game development in the U.S.

#30 Posted by joshth (505 posts) -

god dang it. I was so hoping it would be in chicago so I could finally come.

#31 Posted by Lava (668 posts) -

Damn I was hoping for it to come here to Chicago. Would have been awesome to go to next summer. Oh well.

#32 Posted by ZenaxPure (2569 posts) -

Well what are we waiting for, the coming soon panel on the home page needs to be updated with June 11: E3 Podcast Day 1

#33 Posted by dagas (2837 posts) -

LA has a football team, Los Angeles Galaxy.

#34 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

Thanks

#35 Posted by Grissefar (2842 posts) -

Wow thanks for the update man, but unfortunately you spelled preamture wrong. Yuck.

#36 Posted by ajamafalous (12004 posts) -
@fusrodah said:
Anyone else sort of upset that Vinny hasn't put E3 2013 on the "Coming Soon" part of the homepage yet?
Dave said that the reason it was there (and the end of SWG thing before it) was because otherwise the site would break without something in the box. I'm looking at the homepage now and there's no Coming Up box so I guess they fixed it at some point.
#37 Posted by Arrested_Developer (720 posts) -

Thin Crust > Deep Dish

#38 Posted by brandondryrock (42 posts) -

That pizza looks amazing.

#39 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@Brendan said:

Thin crust pizza is where it's at anyway.

Represent!

NY-style > all

#40 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2779 posts) -

Couldn't have picked a more perfect looking DDP

#41 Posted by MeatSim (10863 posts) -

I could really go for some pizza now.

#42 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Too bad no national chains sell actual deep dish pizza. I'll probably live my whole life without ever getting to try one. It is the only type of pizza that deserves the 'pie' moniker. If you're the type that calls thin crust pizzas 'pies', you should be shot.

#43 Posted by Triumvir (481 posts) -

Dat pizza.

Booking my tickets to Chicago, now.

#44 Posted by Hunter5024 (5691 posts) -

This is one of the first years in a while where I will not be receiving e3 game announcements as a birthday present.

#45 Posted by nonforma (58 posts) -

There's always Korean BBQ.

#46 Posted by Dick_Mohawk (378 posts) -

Ah Patrick, there's nothing like a good freakout every once in a while.

Enjoy it - Own it.

#47 Posted by Esteban8612 (5 posts) -

Any chance it ever goes back to Atlanta...?

#48 Posted by Hunter5024 (5691 posts) -

I would say that the date of e3 being set should be the headline. e3's location is only relevant to people in the games industry, this is one of those stories that it's kind of weird to see pop up on every site considering 98% of the people who read it cannot attend the conference.

#49 Posted by Winternet (8019 posts) -

Premature. There, I said it.

#50 Edited by YOUNGLINK (549 posts) -

OMG, I would flipped my shit if it came to Chicago. I would of faked my way in every way possible. Now all my excitement is for not. Btw, that pizza looks like Gino's East.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.