Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

EA Games

Company »

EA Games is a publishing label used by Electronic Arts for most of its non-sports titles.

What other games can the EA style of online apply to?

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By Vinny_Says

I'm talking about stuff like EA's Skate "Freeskate" mode and Burnout's online mode where players propose challenges to complete. We already know that NFS Most Wanted will have this functionality but I want to know is what other type of games can pull this off?

Post your ideas and how they can be implemented in other games.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By AlexW00d

If what you're talking about is what I think you're talking about. ArmA does that well.

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By impartialgecko

I always thought RDR's multiplayer could've done with a similar system to Burnout's objectives. If they ever do a sequel then they should make you matchmake into a team of 3/4 then you get put in a server with about 5 other groups and you get random objectives/challenges that all of you can accept and complete. Players are allotted XP depending on their performance and the system will occasionally throw up "kill team x", allowing you to shoot other posse's when you couldn't otherwise. That way each team will stick together and be ready for an attack while completing other objectives.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Mirror's Edge 2.

Great idea. I know.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Vinny_Says

@BabyChooChoo said:

Mirror's Edge 2.

Great idea. I know.

huh....I guess that could work. Like everyone climb this....wall....in a certain time? I dunno I never played Mirror's Edge.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By BabyChooChoo

@Vinny_Says said:

@BabyChooChoo said:

Mirror's Edge 2.

Great idea. I know.

huh....I guess that could work. Like everyone climb this....wall....in a certain time? I dunno I never played Mirror's Edge.

Then you've never known true love...

lol, but seriously, you're honestly not too far off, but it's actually more fun than it sounds. Well, fun to me anyway. I really liked Mirror's Edge and I feel like a multilayer component would do it justice considering some of the best parts of the game are when you're chasing/running from other 'runners.'

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#7  Edited By impartialgecko
    @BabyChooChoo: If they could make an open world big enough to accommodate a group of runners with multiple objectives then that would be great.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.