Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

EA Sports MMA

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Oct 19, 2010

EA Sports MMA is a mixed martial arts game for the Xbox 360 and PS3, developed by EA Tiburon.

First Trailer released during strikeforce event

fresh2deafbill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By fresh2deafbill

looks pretty good

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By TwoOneFive

hmmmmm....... still on the fence about this one

Avatar image for collegefootballguy
    CollegeFootballGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

If they give free range of motion and use the physics engine from fight night then this game will be great  
    gzl5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By gzl5000

Textures look cold and lifeless. I'm disappointed.

Novyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Novyx

Honestly, assuming the controls are less stiff than UFCs, it already looks almost as good, assuming they'll add some higher-res textures before launch. It looks mid-production, but as good as I would hope from a clip of footage like that. Not much to base it on for context.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By handlas

now that UFC 2010 trailer has come out.  I'm definitely way more excited for this game.

I know everyone is in it for a fat paycheck but UFC 2010 guys are so obvious in it for a quick buck now.  The highlight of the trailer was suppose to be Kimbo Slice.  For me, a person that is big MMA fan, it's very off-putting.  Dood has only had 1 real MMA fight and it was probably the most boring MMA fight I've ever watched live.  Not completely Kimbo's fault because Houston Alexander was just circling him nonstop but Kimbo did nothing to stop it.  Then he took a kick to the leg and literally fell on his ass and looked like he was about to give up right then and there.

So one of the worst fights gets him headlining a UFC videogame.  After all the shit Dana White talked about him too.  It still boggles my mind how many viewers he got to tune in to the Ultimate Fighter and the finale.  If I were a casual fan and I watched his performances ONLY (like a lot of people did based on how many people tuned in just to see him fight...5 million or something) I'd be completely turned off from MMA.

whew....rant over.  I get the feeling I'll be alone on my sentiments tho seeing how Kimbo is a god is 99% of the population's eyes somehow.  I hope Big Country kicks his ass again (for those who don't know...the fat guy that ended up actually winning the Ultimate Fighter and whom beat Kimbo, yet this guy gets ZERO attention).

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By handlas

and here's some new info on the game.

1) EA Sports MMA will be released in September 2010

2) Pride rules are CONFIRMED for EA Sports MMA. They will be an option in the game.

3) Fighting 'on the cage' is also a staple in the game.

4) DREAM will also be a league in EA Sports MMA.

5) Developers are still working out 'ring restarts' when fighting inside a ring.

6) Also, Sakuraba is confirmed for EA Sports MMA.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.