Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

EA Sports

Company »

EA Sports is a publishing label used by Electronic Arts for all of its sports titles. EA Sports currently publishes franchises such as Madden NFL, FIFA Soccer, NBA Live and the NHL games.

Are the EA Sports game really rehashes from one game to another?

DoctorOptimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DoctorOptimist

Despite positive reviews, they've been receiving a lot negative backlash from the gaming community for practically rehashing the same material but with a few new updates. I haven't played an EA Sports game in a LOOOONG time to know.  

I would like to ask, is it really true that they've haven't updated much since their early incarnations? Or is this an exagerration made by gamers as an excuse to bash Sports games? 

I will say this though, the Zelda gameplay formula hasn't changed since Ocarina of Time (With the exception of Majora's Mask), but I rarely hear people complaining about it.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By HandsomeDead
    @DoctorOptimist said:
    " I will say this though, the Zelda gameplay formula hasn't changed since Ocarina of Time (With the exception of Majora's Mask), but I rarely hear people complaining about it. "
    You're just not smart enough to know groundbreaking innovation when you see it. Didn't you see you could play as a wolf in the last one? Complete fucking gamechanger.
    bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By bed

EA sports games usually have a couple significant changes that don't warrant for a full price purchase.  
    frankly, i like EA sports games but i usually wait until there's a big, game changing addition.. which is why i buy a EA sports hockey game about every 4-5 years. 

DoctorOptimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DoctorOptimist
    @HandsomeDead: And in Sonic Unleashed, you get to plays as a Werehog... WOW!  

Even when you get to play as Wolf Link, everything else still played exactly like the previous games. It wasn't really much different in almost anyway. The series is becoming stagnant, and the new Zelda title looks to be just the same damn game with new Wii motion controls... yay. The series is really, really getting stale. 
    EdIsCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By EdIsCool

I'm not qualified to talk about Madden, but Fifa games were appalling until 2007. They were rehashed(within their generation( they were not still using mega drive code) AND appalling. Since then the games have been great, but the usual rule with a sports game is buy every two years. I used to stick to this rule, but Tesco  have offered  the new Fifa at 29.95 Eur the last two years.  I dont mind paying that for new kits,transfers,graphical updates and gameplay tweaks.
    The changes can be dramatic, Fifa 10 finally offered omnidirectional movement, it used to be that a player could only move in a certain number of directions( I think 8).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.