Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

EA Sports

Company »

EA Sports is a publishing label used by Electronic Arts for all of its sports titles. EA Sports currently publishes franchises such as Madden NFL, FIFA Soccer, NBA Live and the NHL games.

EA Reportedly Under the Impression You Like Their Sports Titles Enough to Subscribe to Them

• 139 results
    swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By swoxx

Gheez Louise, Is there no end to their relentless nickel-and-dime attempts? 

CosmicQueso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#52  Edited By CosmicQueso

I love all the anti-EA comments on this from folks with the subscriber badges.

It's the exact same model as GiantBomb!  

A lot of people would say subscribing to Whiskey Media is nickel and diming and ridiculous or whatever but if you enjoy it and want to pay for it because you like it then who cares?

So much f'ing handwringning and complaining from the gaming community when it comes to how other people want to spend their money.
    Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By Donos

So long as they keep it to sports games and otherthings I don't care about, that's fine.
    Rongaryen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By Rongaryen

I have no problems with subscribing for something I'd use regularly or has awesome content, like Whiskey Media or Netflix but, it has to offer more than just discounted prices.  I would subscribe to this if I didn't have to buy a new football game every year just for a roster upgrade.

StealthRaptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By StealthRaptor

Alex sure spends at lot of time on The Onion.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By MrKlorox

Fine, as long as the base game doesn't cost much. Even though I don't play sports titles from EA (especially since they benched Skate), as a gamer with limited income, I hate when companies get away with charging more than they should. It sets a terrible precedent that others follow.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#58  Edited By jacdg

I do love me some sports games, and as long as they keep the Ultimate Team stuff free, I won't subscribe to a thing, since I usually play my sports games offline due to annoying lag in Madden.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#59  Edited By JJOR64

Thank god I don't buy EA Sports games at all let alone EA games that much.

Moth_Pope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Moth_Pope

I think this model would only work if the games they made weren't yearly releases. If they made a game and it lasted at least 2 years, then a subscription might make sense. But if there's a new one guarenteed to be out in 12 months then what's the point in subscribing.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#61  Edited By Seppli
    @SeriouslyNow said:

" And the Death Knell sounds at EA.  People are soon to be fired. :/ "

Seriously? What's wrong with subscriptions? For games I'm really into, in my case that would be Battlefield, I'd rather have a one-time yearly subscription fee for access to all DLC, instead of buying everything individually. Something like a 'Season Pass'.

Now if a subscription model for DLC would be the only way to obtain it, that would have a lot of upsides. It only splits the community between subscribers and non-subscribers, instead of further breaking the community apart with every subsequent piece of DLC.

In such a world, we could also have stuff like DLC weapons and other 'unbalancing' content, because it's been a clean split form the get-go. Non-subscribers never play with subscribers (unless by invitation).

Then again. I know you to be a hater. So whatever.
    Portis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Portis
    @Meowshi said:

" @Portis said:

" Well, I'd be angry if I played any EA sports games, which I do not. The only sports games I play are the NBA 2K series, so I'm good.
    You have fun with that though, Madden players. I'll be over here hangin' out.
    "

EA doesn't only publish sports games you know.  They fucking own Bioware for god sakes! "
    Well, obviously. :)
    The memo was regarding EA sports titles though, and only those. No mention of anything else, so everything else is seemingly safe for the time being. No need to hit the panic button just yet.
    Billychu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#63  Edited By Billychu

Oh this is great.  You buy one game and pay a subscription and get all the roster updates for free!  Oh wait, that's what EA would do in a perfect world.  They just want you to pay a monthly fee to get what you're already buying the game for...

rjaylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By rjaylee
    The key thing I believe is that the typical off-the-shelf game needs to be discounted to soften the blow for this annual subscription model to work, however. I'd get behind this idea if it means the overall cost of an EA Sports game is significantly lower, something like Madden being sold for $39.99, rather than the typical $59.99 pricepoint that EA Sports titles will sell at.

That would give users who want to escalate their online experiences to an additional  $14.99 and $34.99 at a very reasonable overall pricepoint, especially if you are the kind of person who buys EA Sports games annually. 

Not only that, but if it includes the Online Pass System being rolled into this annual subscription rather than needing one Online Pass per EA Sports game I buy, this could be pretty handy, but we'll see how this pans out.
    Billychu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Billychu

Also, "discounts on DLC".  Why not give it for free if they're already paying you monthly?

ratzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By ratzombie
    @heatDrive88:  Yeah, I don't see that happening. EA wants to make even more money, so they will keep titles at $59.99 AND expect you to buy a subscription.
    superbobafett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#67  Edited By superbobafett

I don't have a problem with this at all so long as it's Electronic Arts adding value.

I'm happy with the 60 dollar value they provide right now in their yearly releases - so as long as they don't subtract from that package in order to bolster this subscription, I'm happy.

I'd be interested to see what value they'll be adding in order to justify a subscription though...

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#68  Edited By penguindust

"Ability to transfer paid content from older titles to newer titles"

So that means they're going to charge you for something you should be able to do for free considering that you're already paid for the DLC.  Where I come from we call that "double dipping".  

Wasn't that done with Rock Band or Guitar Hero, too?  If you paid some amount you could then use the DLC you bought for one game on another?   

I'd be upset if this was a genre I cared about but it's troubling because I am sure it will be adapted to RPGs and shooters soon enough.  Imagine if you want to use Kasumi in Mass Effect 3, you must have already purchased her DLC and then pay an extra fee to have access to the character in the new game.  Anyone who bought the Kasumi DLC could add the character to Shepard's party, but only those who paid the additional fee would be granted that option.   Or maybe you bought maps for Medal of Honor and if you pay the extra charge you get to use them in MoH 2.  That's good for EA because they get to sell you the same content twice.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of DLC as it's marketed today.  It all seems like "horse armor" to me.  
    rjaylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By rjaylee
    @yukine said:
    " @heatDrive88:  Yeah, I don't see that happening. EA wants to make even more money, so they will keep titles at $59.99 AND expect you to buy a subscription. "
    It's consumer-hopeful, but you're probably right. For something that is so heavily annualized, I really would like to see them integrate the online pass as a membership with tiered SKU's right down to 3-day or 5-day memberships along with monthly or yearly selections. It could be a good solution to the dilemma regarding online passes and game rentals, possibly.

I'm not entirely sure who buys all the junk DLC that is offered through EA Sports games anyways. I mean typically all you want is the ability to play online, plus roster updates where necessary, unless I'm completely missing something, right?
    Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#70  Edited By Enigma777

Yea.... no.

salad10203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By salad10203

I am pretty sure this would sell like hotcakes, so good move EA.

Beb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#72  Edited By Beb
    @CosmicQueso said:
    " I love all the anti-EA comments on this from folks with the subscriber badges.

A lot of people would say subscribing to Whiskey Media is nickel and diming and ridiculous or whatever but if you enjoy it and want to pay for it because you like it then who cares?

So much f'ing handwringning and complaining from the gaming community when it comes to how other people want to spend their money.
    "
    I wouldn't say it is exactly the same.

Imagine if you had to buy an annual membership to GiantBomb to view it at all, and then on top of that there was an additional subscription to view quicklooks, and you start to get closer to what this EA thing sounds like.
    mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#73  Edited By mracoon

The price is not as shockingly offensive as I'd originally imagined. This only seems useful if you're getting several EA Sports titles a year and I'm not sure how many people who do that would also be interested in this too.

JJGIANT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#74  Edited By JJGIANT

The majority of EA sports titles are top quality and each year they seem to include more and more features. It is inevitable that a company such as EA with innumerable sports titles, all of them extremely profitable, would want to monetize the hell out of them. EA is a business and it's in the business of making money.

Burn1n9m4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#75  Edited By Burn1n9m4n

I like the way you write, Alex. Tongue and cheek is the way to go.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#76  Edited By Vexxan

Is there really enough new content for these game that a subscribtion is viable? Sure as hell don't think so.

Kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#77  Edited By Kyle

I'm not against subscription models, in fact I think it's an inevitable part of the evolution of video games, but I just wish people would make subscription models for shit people will actually care about. The best you can do for me is discounts on DLC? Come on, man...

Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
    deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@PenguinDust said:
    "

So that means they're going to charge you for something you should be able to do for free considering that you're already paid for the DLC.  
    "
    No, they are not obligated to do that at all. In fact, transferring and integrating all that DLC into a new title costs time and money. So you should be happy that you even have that option, all for a measly 15 bucks a year. Stop feeling so butthurt and get a reality check.
    CosmicQueso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By CosmicQueso
    @Beb: @Beb said:

" @CosmicQueso said:

" I love all the anti-EA comments on this from folks with the subscriber badges.

"
    I wouldn't say it is exactly the same.Imagine if you had to buy an annual membership to GiantBomb to view it at all, and then on top of that there was an additional subscription to view quicklooks, and you start to get closer to what this EA thing sounds like. "
    Exactly the same?  Well if you're talking dollar for dollar then no.  GB is $50/yr.  This would be $60 (at full price) plus the subscription.  So... GB is less on a simple comparison.  However, the offerings are comparatively similar:

• Exclusive DLC - TNT?  Happy Hour?
    • An in-game and website-based "Digital Badge" - Mmmm hmmmmm
    • Ability to transfer paid content from older titles to newer titles - Ability to download video content?
    • Early downloadable access to new feature titles  - A bit in the same vein as with the above.  Subscribers do get earlier access to some things and deeper access to others. 

So really, it is pretty darned close.   And that's fine.  Gamers should buy what they want and let the market determine what works and doesn't.  Yay capitalism.
    kalmis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#80  Edited By kalmis

Subscription and releasing new game every year. Isn't that the same thing

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
    deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Brodehouse said:
    " What's the point of getting mad about something you don't plan on purchasing?  If it's a bad deal, you don't buy it, and then it goes away.  If you don't buy it, they change it until the value is such that you do buy it.Video game players seem like they have no control over their money.  Whenever a company makes some low-value product, they bitch and moan like they don't have the option to just not purchase it.  If a game isn't a good value, you don't purchase it, you don't really have any reason to be upset. "
    Yes, because my one single (non)purchase is going to destroy everything.
    CosmicQueso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By CosmicQueso
    @Khann: So what you're saying is you're not a big voter?
    Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
    deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CosmicQueso said:

" @Khann: So what you're saying is you're not a big voter? "

I don't vote, no. 

I do however not buy games or services that I don't agree with in one way or another. I am under no false belief that my non-purchases have any effect whatsoever, because the masses will continue to buy any bullshit that is shoved down their throats.
    dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#84  Edited By dagas

I've sunk about 200h into my NHL09 "be a pro" career. There is no way I'm going to start over in a new game. Only way I'd pay for a subscription or even buy another NHL game is if that save can transfer over. It takes about 50h to play through one season. How did they expect people to finish a career in a year? It has the same problem as the Fotball (soccer) Manager games. I'm still playing FM2007 every now and then and I've still got plenty to do in that game. Unless my save can transfer why buy a newer version of the game? These games have become like MMO's where you have invested hundreds of hours and you don't want to start over from scratch.

elyk247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#85  Edited By elyk247
    @endaround said:
    " The big question is that will this be where one has to go for roster updates. "
    Yeah, this is what I was thinking
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By napalm
    @Brodehouse said:
    " What's the point of getting mad about something you don't plan on purchasing?  If it's a bad deal, you don't buy it, and then it goes away.  If you don't buy it, they change it until the value is such that you do buy it.Video game players seem like they have no control over their money.  Whenever a company makes some low-value product, they bitch and moan like they don't have the option to just not purchase it.  If a game isn't a good value, you don't purchase it, you don't really have any reason to be upset. "
    I'm sick of this idea of, "if it doesn't affect you, then don't bitch." It's such a fucking simple-minded way of looking at things, and it's a retarded catch-all defense for this bullshit. This is like the expanded Cerberus Network. You'll get some stuff for free, but at the end of the day, you'll be paying the same amount as everybody else when it comes to content. Can I say Cerberus Network was a true value? It was for trivial stuff like armor and weapons, but at the end of the day, the actual meaty content had to be paid in full the same amount by everybody.
    Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Azteck

You know what? Fuck EA. This is idiocy. I'm glad it's only their sports brand this affects but still

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By DonPixel
    @Napalm said:

It's such a fucking simple-minded way of looking at things, and it's a retarded catch-all defense for this bullshit. 

Yea and calling all kind of names every time you find someone you disagree with, makes you a serious likeable person to debate with.. Not. 
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Napalm said:
    " @Brodehouse said:
    I'm sick of this idea of, "if it doesn't affect you, then don't bitch." It's such a fucking simple-minded way of looking at things, and it's a retarded catch-all defense for this bullshit. This is like the expanded Cerberus Network. You'll get some stuff for free, but at the end of the day, you'll be paying the same amount as everybody else when it comes to content. Can I say Cerberus Network was a true value? It was for trivial stuff like armor and weapons, but at the end of the day, the actual meaty content had to be paid in full the same amount by everybody. "
    Then... don't buy Cerberus Network?  I don't understand your point.  If it's a bad value, don't buy it.  But it's impossible for them to 'screw you over' as tons of people are making believe.

@Khann said:
    " @CosmicQueso said:

" @Khann: So what you're saying is you're not a big voter? "

I don't vote, no. 

I do however not buy games or services that I don't agree with in one way or another. I am under no false belief that my non-purchases have any effect whatsoever, because the masses will continue to buy any bullshit that is shoved down their throats.
    "

Well, actually they do.  You're not a unique snowflake, neither am I.  If both of us are capable of making a value judgement and don't purchase products that are bad values, those products either disappear or are changed to boost sales.  It's the people who complain "They're ripping us off with this crappy DLC!" and then buy it anyway who are perpetuating the cycle.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By napalm
    @Brodehouse said:
    " @Napalm said:
    " @Brodehouse said:
    I'm sick of this idea of, "if it doesn't affect you, then don't bitch." It's such a fucking simple-minded way of looking at things, and it's a retarded catch-all defense for this bullshit. This is like the expanded Cerberus Network. You'll get some stuff for free, but at the end of the day, you'll be paying the same amount as everybody else when it comes to content. Can I say Cerberus Network was a true value? It was for trivial stuff like armor and weapons, but at the end of the day, the actual meaty content had to be paid in full the same amount by everybody. "
    Then... don't buy Cerberus Network?  I don't understand your point.  If it's a bad value, don't buy it.  But it's impossible for them to 'screw you over' as tons of people are making believe. "
    Clarification: I didn't actually purchase Cerberus Network. It was free with the new copy purchase of Mass Effect 2. My point being is that my one non-purchase isn't going to change anything, and I am open to state my feelings as I choose and discuss this as somebody who is a videogame consumer. The notion that, "stop complaining, because this is how it is," is a catch-all defense that makes no sense. This is just like preorder bonuses at GameStop, and day-one DLC. This was all shit that didn't used to be, but now it's, "this is how it is," so now it literally can't even be debated in terms of validity without somebody bringing up that it's how things are, and to stop whining about it.
    TorMasturba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By TorMasturba

I'm not a sports fan, but a good way to make the ones of us that do like sports okay with this whole idea is by not selling us a game and simply selling us a new download of the next years worth of roster upgrades, graphics improvements and other stuff like new gameplay features etc.

I mean this's basically what people do already when they buy the next years' game, which is just a rehashed version of last years videogame but with some updates.

Except that gamers have to actually leave their house and waste petrol and time to go and buy a physical copy from the shop, where, very likely, the assistant is useless when it comes to talking about video games and being helpful.

They will never admit it but they would actually be able to bring the price down if they did this, because pay for man hours would be brought down and cost of resources would brought down significantly so as well.

This's be awesome! But it'll likely never happen until it's legally enforced, which won't happen either because it isn't important enough.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@PenguinDust said:
    "

So that means they're going to charge you for something you should be able to do for free considering that you're already paid for the DLC.  Where I come from we call that "double dipping".  

Wasn't that done with Rock Band or Guitar Hero, too?  If you paid some amount you could then use the DLC you bought for one game on another?   

I'd be upset if this was a genre I cared about but it's troubling because I am sure it will be adapted to RPGs and shooters soon enough.  Imagine if you want to use Kasumi in Mass Effect 3, you must have already purchased her DLC and then pay an extra fee to have access to the character in the new game.  Anyone who bought the Kasumi DLC could add the character to Shepard's party, but only those who paid the additional fee would be granted that option.   Or maybe you bought maps for Medal of Honor and if you pay the extra charge you get to use them in MoH 2.  That's good for EA because they get to sell you the same content twice.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of DLC as it's marketed today.  It all seems like "horse armor" to me.  
    "
    Double dipping, across two different games?  Really?  Is this where we are?  How can you possibly believe that it's "buying the same content twice" if Kasumi was an add-on character in ME3?  Would she have the exact same dialogue, character model, powers, quest?  Extrapolate your position; it's the same as getting mad that you had to purchase Mass Effect 2 despite the fact you already bought Mass Effect 1.  You would never make that argument about retail game, but somehow you feel it's different when it's an add-on?

And what game have you ever had 'ownership' of maps for every title in a series?  Buying Goldeneye didn't give you all those maps for use in Perfect Dark.  Yet here we are with people getting mad when 'classic' maps from previous games are being released in new ones.
    Avatar image for lemmycaution217
    Lemmycaution217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Lemmycaution217

Sports!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Napalm said:
    Clarification: I didn't actually purchase Cerberus Network. It was free with the new copy purchase of Mass Effect 2. My point being is that my one non-purchase isn't going to change anything, and I am open to state my feelings as I choose and discuss this as somebody who is a videogame consumer. The notion that, "stop complaining, because this is how it is," is a catch-all defense that makes no sense. This is just like preorder bonuses at GameStop, and day-one DLC. This was all shit that didn't used to be, but now it's, "this is how it is," so now it literally can't even be debated in terms of validity without somebody bringing up that it's how things are, and to stop whining about it. "
    But you're deliberately straw manning my argument.  And I think you know it.  My argument is not 'this is how it is'.

My argument is that games are consumer products.  If a consumer product is not a good value, it should not be purchased.  Or at least, it should be purchased at a price that makes it a value.  If a product is released that is a poor value, you have lost nothing.  And I don't understand why people get upset when they have lost nothing.

Marvel Capcom 3 came out, it had the game itself, 36 characters, I thought it was a good value, I purchased it.  They released Jill and Shuma as DLC for five bucks a pop, that wasn't a good value, I did not purchase it (actually I purchased Jill, but I like Jill).  But I did not lose anything by them offering a bad value to me.  My MvC3 purchase has not been devalued.  I still got what I wanted from my 60 dollar purchase.  Maybe they'll pack up all the DLC characters in a bundle that offers a decent value, but I'm not upset that they're a bad value now.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By napalm
    @Brodehouse said:
    " But you're deliberately straw manning my argument.  And I think you know it.  My argument is not 'this is how it is'.

My argument is that games are consumer products.  If a consumer product is not a good value, it should not be purchased.  Or at least, it should be purchased at a price that makes it a value.  If a product is released that is a poor value, you have lost nothing.  And I don't understand why people get upset when they have lost nothing.

Marvel Capcom 3 came out, it had the game itself, 36 characters, I thought it was a good value, I purchased it.  They released Jill and Shuma as DLC for five bucks a pop, that wasn't a good value, I did not purchase it (actually I purchased Jill, but I like Jill).  But I did not lose anything by them offering a bad value to me.  My MvC3 purchase has not been devalued.  I still got what I wanted from my 60 dollar purchase.  Maybe they'll pack up all the DLC characters in a bundle that offers a decent value, but I'm not upset that they're a bad value now. "
    I apologize, that last part was actually me just ranting at the entire situation of these consumer "deals" and how they have a tendency to become commonplace and a normal part of the consumer system. Unfortunately, the commercial consumer idiots outnumber those of us who are careful with these kinds of purchases, so usually our calls fall on deaf ears.

I do agree with you, but I guess that the issue for me is that a deal can sometimes not be worth the purchase amount. The content itself can be worth it, but the price isn't always,  and normally, these two things don't coexist in harmony, which makes it frustrating from a consumer standpoint because there is content you want, but the price isn't always agreeable.

I'm simply stating these things need to be watched closely, and normally, they are not which ends up leading to bad practices by companies, as I mentioned, preorder bonuses and the likes. As a community, I feel these things have the possibility to be reversed, so that's why I prefer to talk about and debate this stuff rather than just accepting what it is, you know?
    FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#96  Edited By FireBurger
    @Brodehouse said:
    The problem is that the people who frequent forums and bitch about these things are a small minority. Even if they don''t purchase the product, a large number of players who are less concerned with business tactics will. And, unfortunately, this will affect players who choose the high-road of opting out, since EA will surely begin to hide "should-be-boxed" features behind the subscription, leaving those players between a rock and hard place.

The market does vote with the dollar, but that does not mean it votes intelligently or for its own good.
    EpsilonSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#97  Edited By EpsilonSE

I'd be happy to pay a subscription fee... if they lowered the price of their games by the same amount. Although... isn't yearly offerings of Madden a subscription based service anyway?

Here is the point at which they could make the subscription service work: bi-annual or tri-annual releases of their sports games, but yearly roster  and feature updates. In essence: your purchasing a subscription to a madden system rather than a game.

Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty curious as to who would actually subscribe to something like this.

CosmicQueso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By CosmicQueso
    @FireBurger said:
    " @Brodehouse said:
    The problem is that the people who frequent forums and bitch about these things are a small minority. Even if they don''t purchase the product, a large number of players who are less concerned with business tactics will. And, unfortunately, this will affect players who choose the high-road of opting out, since EA will surely begin to hide "should-be-boxed" features behind the subscription, leaving those players between a rock and hard place.

The market does vote with the dollar, but that does not mean it votes intelligently or for its own good.
    "
    "Choose the high-road of opting out"... that would be from your opinion, based on the fact that you don't think this is good value for the money.  For others, the "high road" is paying a bit more for perks.  Some people like PSN Plus, some like free to play games and buy extra gear, some people like to subscribe to Giant Bomb.  Some don't.  It's not up to you to force your value judgment on another person's decision to choose.  

It's only "unfortunate" that it will affect players who have a false sense of entitlement that they deserve everything for free.
    xpgamer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#100  Edited By xpgamer7
    @sofacitysweetheart said:
    " This is why I stopped buying EA games :) "

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.