South Park ripped EA Sports a new one!

#1 Posted by Meowshi (2911 posts) -

South Park has been terrible recently, but their latest episode dealing with EA Sports and "student athletes" is hilarious.  

#2 Posted by Jayross (2365 posts) -

I'll keep an eye out for it.

The humancentipad episode seemed pretty typical as far as south park goes, and from what I have heard it doesn't get much better.

#3 Posted by awesomatic (28 posts) -

I guess we just have to wait for the WunterSlash to come and save South Park.

#4 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

No.. they haven't been terrible. When will people get off the "X show/franchise/band has been terrible lately" train ? 

And i haven't seen the episode yet, i'm watching it tonight. Can't wait!
#5 Posted by GetEveryone (4458 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic: Dunno, man. I'm pretty sure this isn't a case of jumping on the bandwagon. The start of last season was pretty funny, but it went downhill quickly. 

As for this season? I've been actively avoiding it since the fourth episode or something. It's just painfully, acutely unfunny.
#6 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
@GetEveryone said:
@Ahmad_Metallic: Dunno, man. I'm pretty sure this isn't a case of jumping on the bandwagon. The start of last season was pretty funny, but it went downhill quickly.  As for this season? I've been actively avoiding it since the fourth episode or something. It's just painfully, acutely unfunny.

Maybe it's because i'm a long time fan of Matt & Trey and find all their work extremely hilarious, but i always get the vibe of each new episode and i sense the good old humerous feel of the South Park series. at this point, with all the laughter they've provided me with over the years, i'm simply happy that the show is still around 

The only episode that i personally and publicly said stinks, and stinks real bad where they try too hard, was the Pinewood Derby one or whatever it was called. that there was a piece of a shit in an otherwise delecious mountain of south park pudding
#7 Posted by BonOrbitz (2250 posts) -

I wouldn't say SP has been "terrible" because that's a pretty strong word, but it just hasn't been making me laugh as much as it'd used to.

Except whenever Randy Marsh is on... I love that guy.

#8 Posted by Soap (3640 posts) -

For a show to be funny for as long as South Park has been isn't an easy feat by any means. 

#9 Posted by buft (3320 posts) -
@bonorbitz said:
I wouldn't say SP has been "terrible" because that's a pretty strong word, but it just hasn't been making me laugh as much as it'd used to.   Except whenever Randy Marsh is on... I love that guy.
WE love you Randy!!!!
#10 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
@Soap said:
For a show to be funny for as long as South Park has been isn't an easy feat by any means. 

Fuckin' A
#11 Posted by BonOrbitz (2250 posts) -
@buft said:
@bonorbitz said:
I wouldn't say SP has been "terrible" because that's a pretty strong word, but it just hasn't been making me laugh as much as it'd used to.   Except whenever Randy Marsh is on... I love that guy.
WE love you Randy!!!!
Fuck  yeah. I always wondered if he should have a spin-off show, or would that get old quick? Right now I can't get enough of him and his Peter Molyneux-like balls.

#12 Posted by wickedsc3 (1046 posts) -

Just something I though of as I was reading this.  Maybe its not that south park is less funny but maybe that you are getting older and no longer find that humor as laugh out loud funny as it once was?  Because I know that I have grown up with south park(13 years of it) and I no longer really find it to be super funny but I still find it entertaining.

#13 Posted by Rawrz (598 posts) -

This season has been pretty underwhelming except for last weeks episode with Cartman in anger management and all those great Butters moments, and the EA sports one was pretty funny as well.

#14 Posted by DonChipotle (2840 posts) -

Last week's episode was great and this week's was alright. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.