Three new Earth Defense Force games announced

#1 Posted by Axersia (1615 posts) -

Thought Insect Armageddon was gonna be the next mainline game in the Earth Defense Force series? Well, apparently D3 didn't have enough faith in Vicious Cycle to deliver a solid sequel as it's now been degraded to spin-off status. Today D3 announced 3 new games in the EDF series -- EDF4, the next true sequel in the EDF series; a PSP port of EDF2 (known as Global Defence Force on PS2 to us Europeans); as well as a mobile phone game called EDF Legend. ( Source)

Anyone excited for any of these games? I'm definitely looking forward to EDF4 myself and even though I've already played through EDF2 I might pick up the PSP port as well.

#2 Posted by MoonlightMoth (468 posts) -

EDF4 is probably the one I'm most interested in (no PSP you see). I played a bit of GDF a while ago and enjoyed that a lot so hopefully it'll be something to look forward to. I hope they keep the budget price though.

#3 Posted by BronzDragon (180 posts) -

Y'know what? EDF didn't seem like it would really be my thing, but playing it through with a buddy was friggin AWESOME.

I'd love to see more from these games

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.