Earth (location) page needs clean-up

#1 Posted by Jeff (3425 posts) -

The page for Earth should only be linked to games that treat Earth as an actual location, like Mass Effect or Gyruss. Games that just happen to take place on Earth (Call of Duty: World at War, for example) shouldn't be attached to this page.

Staff
#2 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6987 posts) -

Doing some cleaning up, Jeff?

#3 Posted by Superchris129 (379 posts) -

Quit spamming the forums! Go back to Gamespot! sheesh...

#4 Edited by Endogene (4741 posts) -

You have no idea how much i dislike this page.

#5 Posted by Lies (3866 posts) -

In Mass Effect you can't even actually visit Earth though, it's just mentioned. Do things like that merit inclusion on the page?

#6 Posted by LordAndrew (14424 posts) -

I haven't looked at or attached Earth to anything in a long time. This page is dead to me.

#7 Posted by dsplayer1010 (2227 posts) -
Superchris129 said:
"Quit spamming the forums! Go back to Gamespot! sheesh..."
What're you talking about?
#8 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

I love that page!

#9 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

lol thats actually pretty funny. there was probably a ridiculous amount of games on that list

#10 Posted by Godwind (2597 posts) -

Some games seem to be just including games based on the series.  Games like Armored Core 2 and Doom occurred on Mars, not earth.

#11 Posted by Dalai (7002 posts) -

I think a complete overhaul is needed.

#12 Posted by MattyFTM (14348 posts) -

I noticed this a while ago. I was going to try and clean it up, but decided I didn't really know enough to do it. I was going to post on the forums to get some help in doing it, but it completely slipped my mind. It definitely need cleaning up. GO POWER RANGERS!!!!!!!!!

#13 Posted by StarFoxA (5140 posts) -

Hey, I'm busy writing articles for the likes of Rhyme Rider Kerorican, Splatterhouse: Wanpaku Graffiti, and right now I'm working on Guilty Gear Petit.

#14 Posted by BoG (5185 posts) -

So, should we only count those games where you are made aware of your presence on planet Earth? I'm thinking it should be used as a sci-fi concept.

#15 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -
StarFoxA said:
"Guilty Gear Petit."
That's my new grunge-techno-house-slap bass band
#16 Posted by LordAndrew (14424 posts) -

OK. I just removed a number of games, but it's definitely not finished yet. I did manage to eliminate some of the games that take place exclusively on Earth and games where it's not clear what planet they're set on.

#17 Posted by Edgar (182 posts) -
"Earth is a location that has appeared in -685 games."
#18 Posted by LordAndrew (14424 posts) -

Yeah, as I've said on several occasions, I think these game counts should be recalculated site-wide. Once they go out of sync, there's not much else you can do about that.

#19 Posted by mracoon (4959 posts) -

I cleaned up the page a bit by taking out the really obvious ones which just take place in Earth and is not used like a proper location like Moto GP 08 and NBA 07 which really don't belong there.

#20 Posted by Dustpan (1690 posts) -
@Lies said:
" In Mass Effect you can't even actually visit Earth though, it's just mentioned. Do things like that merit inclusion on the page? "
Earth is in the game, you just can't land on it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.