Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Earthbound Beginnings

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 27, 1989

EarthBound Beginnings is the first game in the EarthBound/Mother franchise. It tells the story of Ninten, a heroic twelve-year old boy with psychic abilities, and his quest to prevent an alien invasion of Earth.

Mother's 20th Anniversary

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By StarFoxA

July 27th marks Mother's 20th franchise. Such an incredible franchise deserves some recognition. Starmen.net naturally has some pretty awesome stuff. Here's a compilation video, with some nice Mother music.

As the video says, you definitely want to check this page out, as it has a ton of great content not only official, but created by many of the series' fans over the years. It's worth a look, ton of great stuff there (especially the music).

What is your favorite game in the franchise?
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Linkyshinks

Happy Birthday Mother!

..and not a sniff of acknowledgment from Nintendo, why?, because they failed miserably in trying to get the game cleared for release today. Earthbound was earmarked for release this very day until the soundtrack copyright infringement was raised by the well known parties involved. You would think Nintendo having ample money to play with could sorted out the legal matters...but no, that would be too much expense for little gain -Nintendo giving fans what they have persistently asked for.

I hope it comes out in Europe on Friday...but I know chances are slim.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By StarFoxA
    @Linkyshinks: Nintendo's ignorance of the franchise is almost as bad as Square not making any more Chrono games.
    thebipsnbeeps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By thebipsnbeeps
    @StarFoxA said:
    " @Linkyshinks: Nintendo's ignorance of the franchise is almost as bad as Square not making any more Chrono games. "
    Yeah, well at least they reissued the first Chrono game for the DS worldwide (that's right, huh?) for more people to understand what makes that game so heralded. Everyone talks about this game, and it always sells for a ridiculous amount of money on eBay, so why don't they do something like what they did for Chrono Trigger? And I guess there's been a Japanese release of Mother 3 for the GBA, but I think that's still not enough. Really, I know nothing about it, but after years of almost everyone talking about how awesome it is, I just Nintendo to make an easy copy of it.
    StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By StarFoxA
    Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Systech

You just wait until systech gets in here...oh...wait. Yeah, this is a pretty special occasion and I really wish that--again--Nintendo cared to release anything related to Mother or Earthbound. I would be a very happy guy if they did.

Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7  Edited By Suicrat

It's times like these when I wish I didn't break my wired 360 controller in an NHL09-induced rage six months ago. (Wasn't any sort of tantrum. I merely slammed it against my thy after giving up a weak goal in OT, and the grey plastic piece snapped and popped out). Otherwise, I would've beaten Mother3 by now :(

But yeah, EarthBound was awesome, and Mother3 seemed even better (loved that music-based combat system.)

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By StarFoxA
    @systech said:
    " You just wait until systech gets in here...oh...wait. Yeah, this is a pretty special occasion and I really wish that--again--Nintendo cared to release anything related to Mother or Earthbound. I would be a very happy guy if they did. "
    How many copies would you buy if it came out?
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @StarFoxA said:
    " @Linkyshinks: Nintendo's ignorance of the franchise is almost as bad as Square not making any more Chrono games. "

Have you managed to get  the fan game yet?, it's available now (Alpha version) it looks pretty awesome. I will wait till it gets out of beta myself.

I am guiding my girlfirend through the first game now....I've got nothing better to do on this Monday evening. 

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By StarFoxA
    @Linkyshinks: Wait until it gets out of beta? It was canceled because of C&D from Square.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By JJOR64

I really wish this game came stateside.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By Snail

SUCH AN INCREDIBLE FRANCHISE SHOULD BE RELEASED OVER HERE EH?

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Dalai

I couldn't really get through much of the first game because of the grinding... but the sequels are amazing.  The Mother series is probably the only RPG franchise that I truly like.

Anyway, I'm so happy for the Mother series, but I would love to see Mother 1 and 3 come stateside.  I'd pay with money I would.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#14  Edited By Godwind

I hate earth bound.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By StarFoxA
    @Dalai: Download the easytype patch, it makes the original much more enjoyable.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.