I loved this game

#1 Posted by piecat (384 posts) -

I'm really hoping for it to appear on the wii VC, since I've lost my actual copy a while back, and I would love to replay it.

#2 Posted by StarFoxA (5145 posts) -

I'm pretty sure that it's coming. At least according to the ESRB.

#3 Posted by Axersia (1615 posts) -

This was my first RPG and I hated it. Still do, actually. If the official strategy guide that came with the game says I need to do multiple runs on a map to get through it, then I'm out. It was just too tedious.

#4 Posted by Dalai (7017 posts) -

I'm in the mood for fuzzy pickles now.

I truly hate most RPGs, but there's something about Earthbound... I just can't get enough.  We need to introduce this amazing game to all the Wii owners who never experienced this game before.

#5 Posted by elko84 (1060 posts) -

This is one of my favorite games of all time.

#6 Posted by evilhomer (429 posts) -

this game rocked.  I want Mother 3 NOW!!!

#7 Posted by StarFoxA (5145 posts) -
Axersia said:
"This was my first RPG and I hated it. Still do, actually. If the official strategy guide that came with the game says I need to do multiple runs on a map to get through it, then I'm out. It was just too tedious.
"
That's unfortunate... I loved it.
#8 Posted by RVonE (4623 posts) -

I remember the manual being thick as hell. That was so awesome.

#9 Posted by RawrMaster (3 posts) -

This is definitely one of my favourite games of all time, and that's exactly why I still have it and still play every now and then.

#10 Posted by Mavosa (34 posts) -

The mother 3 translation seems to be almost done :) if you don't know about it, check starmen.net

#11 Posted by shoota (13 posts) -

I love this game and can not wait for the Mother 3 translation.

#12 Posted by skywing (1153 posts) -

i spent wayyy to much time playing this game when  i was younger..... and possibly some time soon b/c i feel like playing through it again.

#13 Posted by CaptainCrunch (10 posts) -

Its a fun game. I threw it on my snes emulator on my psp.

#14 Posted by Endogene (4741 posts) -

somehow i never managed to finish it, tried it 3 times and everytime  near the end i lack the interest to finish it

#15 Posted by glasswall52 (66 posts) -
Endogene said:
"somehow i never managed to finish it, tried it 3 times and everytime  near the end i lack the interest to finish it
"
I would highly suggest you finish this game. I remember the first time I finished it when I was younger, that ending made a major impression on me, it was surreal. It may not hold up to today's standards in terms of story endings but still, I remember being so bummed that the game ended at all, I just wanted it to keep going. We've been waiting WAY too long for mother 3, I just hope the translation will be done soon. I sill have the original cartridge and manual for this game and play it through every year or 2, I just can't get enough of it. I too, had it on my PSP emulator. That game taunts me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.