Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Earthworm Jim

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Oct 02, 1994

Created by the twisted minds at Shiny Entertainment (led by Dave Perry and Doug TenNapel), Earthworm Jim is a nonsensical side-scrolling platform game that allows the player to venture through the galaxy as an earthworm trapped in a futuristic space-suit to rescue Princess What's-Her-Name.

Earthworm Jim Has Avatar Awards

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By YoungFrey

Continuing the trend of lots of XBLA games having avatar awards, Earthworm Jim has them too.  You can get a Jim suit for beating a bonus level and a T-Shirt for beating the mid-level boss in the first world.  The suit is notable for making your avatar look like it has serious muscle definition. 

Cloudleet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Cloudleet

That is incredibly awesome, thanks for the heads up!

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Scooper

I've gone from "I'd rather play the SNES version, the sound is way better" to "I need an Earth Worm Jim Suit imediataly." Thanks!

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#4  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Hey, thanks for the heads-up!  Definitely going to have to pick this game up.
    YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By YoungFrey

Word on the street is that one female avatars it also enhances other features.  No picture though.

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

My avatar is gonna get so much ass from wearing that suit!

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By GunstarRed

Agghhhh this game is toruring me!!!  everything about it is telling me I need to buy it right this second but I just cannot get past the new sound effects and the 800 points it costs. I loved, loved, loved it years ago but I just cannot bring myself to buy it. 

Damn you Earthworm Jim suit.
    WhatTheDang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By WhatTheDang

It's pretty weird how the most compelling reason for buying some games has become "little virtual clothes for your avatar" as if Live has become Gaia Online. 

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By YoungFrey
    @WhatTheDang said:
    " It's pretty weird how the most compelling reason for buying some games has become "little virtual clothes for your avatar" as if Live has become Gaia Online.  "
    I don't think it's really different than people playing shit games for the Gamerscore.  The only part I don't get is how the games aren't playing it up.  Somebody is paying to develop all these awards.  It shouldn't be news that a game has them, it should be right there in every press release.  At least right now when they are not yet the norm.  
    WhatTheDang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By WhatTheDang
    @YoungFrey said:
    " @WhatTheDang said:
    " It's pretty weird how the most compelling reason for buying some games has become "little virtual clothes for your avatar" as if Live has become Gaia Online.  "
    I don't think it's really different than people playing shit games for the Gamerscore.  The only part I don't get is how the games aren't playing it up.  Somebody is paying to develop all these awards.  It shouldn't be news that a game has them, it should be right there in every press release.  At least right now when they are not yet the norm.   "
    Yeah, I agree with you there, and I won't deny there's something satisfying about acquiring something outside of the game for your efforts in the game. It's just a bit odd that that tiny thing is getting people to buy entire games. 
    George_Hukas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By George_Hukas
    @WhatTheDang said:
    " @YoungFrey said:
    " @WhatTheDang said:
    I don't think it's really different than people playing shit games for the Gamerscore.  The only part I don't get is how the games aren't playing it up.  Somebody is paying to develop all these awards.  It shouldn't be news that a game has them, it should be right there in every press release.  At least right now when they are not yet the norm.   "
    Yeah, I agree with you there, and I won't deny there's something satisfying about acquiring something outside of the game for your efforts in the game. It's just a bit odd that that tiny thing is getting people to buy entire games.  "
    I wouldn't say people are doing it for the awards alone, I would imagine those people were already on the fence about the purchase without the awards being involved
    cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By cstrang

My avatar is currently wearing the Earthworm Jim suit.  Has been for 2 days now.

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By YoungFrey
    @cide: Well, it is the only reason I played the Reach Beta.  But in general I don't think a lot of people are buying games just for awards (I'm sure somebody is but probably not a statistically significant number).  However I am sure that the awards are the thing the gets people to pay for the game.  Like they might pay $5 for some game, but since it's $10 or $15, it's the avatar award that is selling them on it.  It rather blurs the line of  "I won't pay for costumes on the avatar marketplace" though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.