Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Easy Mode

Concept »

It may seem like bottom rung, but its your best friend when you just HAVE to find out if the Princess is in the castle and your date is waiting for you. Go ahead and hit those crosshairs until your shame is backlit by neon text outline, just don't expect any achievements!

What games did you play on easy? Why?

• 76 results
    geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By geirr

Usually I'm more interested in story progression than an actual challenge, though in some cases I love going 'hardcore' like in the Arkham games and Dungeon Defenders.

Basically if the challenge is fun, sure. If not, no.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#52  Edited By cornbredx

I usually play broken games on easy. I'm thinking of doing this with Amy so I can at least finish it this weekend.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By mordukai

Demon's Souls... -_-

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Usually games that i'm only interested in for the story/rentals. Catherine is a recent example, the puzzles were okay but I just wanted to get to the story parts faster.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#55  Edited By papercut

Mass Effect 1, just cause I wanted to have a second character for Mass Effect 2.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#56  Edited By Getz

I might have played through Devil May Cry 3 on easy, it was so long ago though I don't really remember.

Rockanomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By Rockanomics

Force Unleashed 2, when the whole idea of a game is that your so powerful you don't even have to try, why make it hard?

Roger778

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Roger778

I played Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo Reach all on Normal difficulty. Halo 2 was punishingly hard, on that setting, and yet I persevered to the end. The difficulty on Halo 3, and Reach both was much better, and designed very well. I'm not a casual gamer, but I don't consider myself hardcore either. So, yes, Normal mode, not easy is the setting I like to play my games on.

yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#59  Edited By yoshimitz707

Games people have told me are going to be difficult. So I'm playing the Witcher 2 on Easy and having a good time.

Shabs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60  Edited By Shabs

Dragon Age: Origins

I don't play fantasy games and don't play old-style RPGs. I wanted to experience the world of the game being a Mass Effect fan, but I was intimidated by all of the options. I figured putting it on easy would prevent the combat from being frustrating and would still give me the experience of the story.

ltsmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By ltsmash

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

I played the last third of Brutal Legend on easy because I got annoyed with the RTS parts.

Same here. I was just pushing through the game part to see the cutscenes.

Zippedbinders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#62  Edited By Zippedbinders

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

I played the last third of Brutal Legend on easy because I got annoyed with the RTS parts.

See, I went straight to Brutal difficulty on Brutal Legend, the only part that gave me any trouble was "Dry Ice, Wet Graves" fight. Everything else was a relative breeze.

COD4 was one I played on easy. I wanted to see what all the hubbub was about, but I didn't really want to face frustration in doing so. Real fucking disappointed with that game. God Hand was another I felt I needed to tone down to easy, but only because that shit is hard. Easy on God Hand is like Hard on nearly any other game.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#63  Edited By pyromagnestir

@sickVisionz: Ah heavy rain. That's a game I wish I played on easy, because man were those quick time indicators small and grey. They really prevented me from seeing the action on screen like I was supposed to.

Avatar image for deactivated-6281db536cb1d
    deactivated-6281db536cb1d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Never played a game on easy, but I did switch down to easy at the end of God of War III because I just hit a brick wall with it and wanted to see the ending.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#65  Edited By benspyda

I wanted to turn Uncharted 3 down to easy at some points but never did, to my own detriment. Normally I play cheap bargain bin games on easy, because if they are horrible at least I can just breeze through it, but I don't really buy them any more.

Also I played through Dark Souls on easy, aka over leveling for each area (:

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#66  Edited By Sooperspy

Fallout 3 and New Vegas because I don't really come to Fallout for the gameplay. I come for the story, characters, and setting.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#67  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I tend not to be shy about turning games down to easy if they're frustratingly hard for me to see. With most shooters, I usually end up dialing it down to easy thanks mostly to my crappy vision. Halo is an exception to that rule, as the enemies are usually really easy to spot and the color schemes work a lot better for my eyes.

Most recently, I dialed back Resistane 3 and Bastion to easy (or in Bastion's case, the "No Sweat" mode).

konig_kei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By konig_kei

Ninja gaiden 2. Because it was ninja gaiden 2!!! Finished it though rather proud of that. Even after that gratuitous blood shower scene while my mum, dad and sister were in the room.

Clinkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Clinkz

The Witcher 2. The combat was very simplistic and repetitive. I merely wanted to advance the great story.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By kingzetta

Basically every game I hate games that were hard mode is you do less damage and the enemies have more health. Really all that's doing is making things take longer. That being said Demon's Souls and Dark Souls are my favorite games in a long time.

Hargreaves93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Hargreaves93

Devil May Cry 4 because as soon as I knew I needed to backtrack all the way through the game, I just decided I'd make it easier on myself!

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By FritzDude

Was the first difficulty setting in Ninja Gaiden 2 considered "easy"? If so: Ninja Gaiden 2. I usually stick with the default (normal) setting in every game.

Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Tesla

Uncharted 3.

The difficulty wasn't balanced properly and the controls could not perform under certain situations the game would put you in. There was nothing worse than taking a shotgun blast that you knew was coming but couldn't dodge, all because the game made you put up your dukes to brawl someone in the middle of a gunfight.

So I bumped down the difficulty to keep the flank happy assholes at bay, and turn the game into a mindless shooting gallery. That fits the swashbuckling adventure feel of the story much better anyway.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#74  Edited By me3639

Saints Row 3rd because there was no achievement for finishing the game on a harder difficulty. Thank god.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Rafaelfc

shadows of the damned, f non stackable achievements.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
    TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

As a rule I never do. Maybe if I rented a game an wanted to blow through it but I usually keep it on normal. If anything I'll usually set a game on Hard an bump it down if I have to. Or I might set it on Easy if I've beaten it already an wanna play through it again for some reason.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.