Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 26, 2009

Action video game hero Matt Hazard returns (for the first time) in this comedic video-game-themed third-person shooter for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Lets talk about this game

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By oraknabo

I don't know anything about this publisher or the developer, Vicious Cycle, so I don't have very high expectations on game quality, but it looks like they've hired some pretty funny writers and voice actors.

For those that don't know, this a game about a fictional Duke Nukem-like character that had successful titles in the NES/SNES/Genesis era like "The Adventures of Matt in Hazard Land", "Matt and Dexter in Murder Force" and "Conflict of the Deities" based on everything from Contra to Altered Beast. Hazard is out of work and trying to get his publisher to revive his franchise for the new gen, but when he finally gets the hardcore third-person game he wants, someone starts messing with the code mid-level, throwing in zombies and cowboys and changing the environments. The whole thing works as a parody of the whole industry and history of gaming as well as the more popular titles out now.

I like a good funny game, but this kind of insular nerd humor can fall flat pretty quickly and will probably have a hard time sustaining itself for a whole game. If it just plays it safe with stuff like rippping on Master Chief with a character named Master Chef, I can see myself groaning through this one, but if it can come off as over the top as something like God Hand, I could see myself loving this game.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#2  Edited By LordAndrew

Yeah, if they can pull off, it should be pretty cool. Let's hope that they do.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By jakob187

You mean "let's talk about how to make a generic game with too much hype"?

Yes, let's.
    oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By oraknabo

Your open mindedness and positivity are truly a breath of fresh air in the gaming community.
    You are an inspiration to us all.

nick_verissimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By nick_verissimo

judging from the way this game looks to be marketing itself, it doesn't seem that the gameplay will be all that great, but the actually story component seems kinda interesting.  if the bards tale can pull it off, which i think it did, than so could this game.

Avatar image for thelawnwrangler
    TheLawnWrangler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By TheLawnWrangler

I have high hopes for the game based on it's story. It seems very interesting to me. Ima keep meh eye on this one XD

Avatar image for galvanizednails
    GalvanizedNails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By GalvanizedNails

I remember this game because its the last big article that I wrote to get 5000 points and then won that Zune =D It sounds like a very fresh and new idea though, I just hope the gameplay doesnt suck, while the story is great.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.