drake_ash's Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard (Xbox 360) review

Only Minute Fun

The concept of this game seems to be an achievement whore's dream, but I just could not bear to plod through this redundant mess.  Not only are the controls lackluster in so many ways, the presentation shows it age almost immediately.  While I understand what the developers where trying to go for, they did not press the "inside" jokes enough if they were really trying to go for a lampoon of the gaming industry in the past 20 or so years.

The true joy of an experience like this is if it would have been a bit more self-aware, and then at least we would have had a chance to see some truly funny moments.  As Jeff mentioned, a complete sacking of the QA department would have been priceless, not to mention quite current with the state of the economy as it is.  In the end, I could not drag myself to finish the game when I felt like the whole experience was a chore.