Egg Preferences

#1 Posted by Davey (69 posts) -

I've just sat down, watching an old P4ER episode, while eating some runny eggs in a sandwich.
I rarely eat my eggs that way, I usually make an omelette with some cheese sprinkled on top, with some bacon on the side.
Eggs is definetly one of my favourite eatings, and I was wondering what the Forums on Giant Bomb prefer?

#2 Posted by LackingSaint (1849 posts) -

I like mine scrambled in a sandwich, but i'm finding myself not having eggs much at all lately.

#3 Posted by Meltbrain (2975 posts) -

I like omelettes, scrambled eggs, the usual. If I'm doing a fried egg I'll do it over medium. If I'm doing it in a sandwich I'll probably do it over hard because runny yolk all over your sandwich/hands is gross.

#4 Posted by hedfone (1751 posts) -

scramb style

#5 Posted by SilentCommando (579 posts) -

Over easy eggs are my favorite.  

#6 Posted by Meltbrain (2975 posts) -

I can do some pretty boss scrambled eggs in the microwave. It's surprisingly easy. Does anyone else do them in the micro?

#7 Posted by Vigorousjammer (2530 posts) -

I generally don't like any eggs... but I've recently come around on scrambled, especially in a breakfast sandwich.

#8 Posted by dudeglove (8157 posts) -

Scrambled eggs are great, but a bitch to clean up afterward.

#9 Posted by ShadowKing7 (753 posts) -

I like scrambled.  I don't actually think I've ever tried any style other than scrambled, either.
#10 Posted by TotalEklypse (1000 posts) -

i like mine with salt pepper and just a hint of salmonella 

#11 Posted by VilhelmNielsen (1740 posts) -

Scrambled or in an ham & cheese omelet.

#12 Posted by RecSpec (3908 posts) -

Overeasy.

#13 Posted by Davey (69 posts) -
@Meltbrain said:
" I can do some pretty boss scrambled eggs in the microwave. It's surprisingly easy. Does anyone else do them in the micro? "
How the hell do you do that?
#14 Posted by Foxtrot0245 (319 posts) -

Scrambled egg whites. And no, I'm not yoking.

#15 Posted by TwoLines (2826 posts) -

Scrambled!

#16 Edited by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

Scrambled with cheese on toast. Godtier breakfast/snack food.

#17 Posted by Vager (1654 posts) -

I like them in omelet form. 
Though, I'll take a breakfast skillet with scrambled eggs all kinds of breakfast meat mixed in with hash browns and topped with cheese any day of the week. 
Damn, now I really want one.

#18 Posted by Peacemaker (1106 posts) -

I like them over easy when eating them alone. On a sandwich usually the typical fried way.  

#19 Posted by Lemoncookie01 (1666 posts) -

Huevos Rancheros

#20 Posted by CitizenKane (10508 posts) -

Depends on the situation and what is going with it.  If it is on a sandwich, I like it scrambled so it doesn't get everywhere.  If it's on a traditional skillet, I like them over very easy.  If they are by themselves accompanied by the usual breakfast items, I I like them anyway that pleases me then: over easy, scrambles, or omlette.

#21 Posted by Meltbrain (2975 posts) -
@Davey said:
" @Meltbrain said:
" I can do some pretty boss scrambled eggs in the microwave. It's surprisingly easy. Does anyone else do them in the micro? "
How the hell do you do that? "
Easy-peasy. Whisk your eggs up in some kind of microwavable bowl. Put them in the microwave, preferably reduce the power slightly but not too much. The trick now is not to leave the microwave while they cook, because they start cooking from the outside very fast. So basically, every 10-20 seconds once the edge of the mix starts cooking, stop the microwave, mash up the cooked part and mix it up so that it starts cooking the uncooked egg. Repeat the mashing and mixing everytime the edges start to cook so it doesn't dry out and go gross. It's a bit of pain but it takes 1 minute or 2 if that on a 900W microwave. Add some butter, salt and pepper. Blam, tasty microwaved scrambled eggs. 

It's not everyone's cup of tea but if you do it right you get some totally edible totally tasty scrambled eggs. It's still a pain in the ass to clean afterwards, though.
#22 Posted by zudthespud (3283 posts) -

scrambled or fried, on a sandwich.

#23 Posted by osuzoo08 (91 posts) -

If you live is the US not a recalled egg. but mostly fried with some pig cheek bacon. 

#24 Edited by PenguinDust (12604 posts) -

I had scrambled eggs for breakfast this very morning.  My personal favorite is the omelet though.  It's very versatile with what you can stuff inside.

#25 Posted by ninjakiller (3405 posts) -

I love over easy but if there's any ANY runny egg white I'm done.  So I usually cook fried eggs over medium.  

Scrambled with cheese is #2.

#26 Posted by EvilMuffin (133 posts) -

I like eggs in any form (except raw). It's one of my favorite foods.

#27 Posted by Atomasist (2818 posts) -

Sunny side up for me.

#28 Posted by blazerx9x (648 posts) -

I only like scrambled eggs on a sandwich, other than that, I hate eggs

#29 Edited by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -

Normally friend on top of toast, not in a sandwich.

You break the yolk on top of the toast and spread it around.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.