Why not a sequel?

#1 Posted by AEKtzis (106 posts) -

Holy crap!!! I clicked on Clouds page and saw this game lol i remember playing this game a long time ago at my friends house. I LOVED IT!!!

I never owned it but from what I played it was great. I figured they would have made a sequel.

#2 Posted by NoExtraLife (213 posts) -

I remember playing the game as a Kid and hating it, it was great playing as the final fantasy 7 characters but that doesn't mask a poor beat em up, in terms of a sequel, Dissidia Final Fantasy is what your looking for.

#3 Posted by AllThatBacon (520 posts) -

Probably because without the Final Fantasy characters, it would be a pretty forgettable PS1 fighter. Just saying.

#4 Posted by Equivocator (7 posts) -

I'd have to agree. I bought it as a kid being a FFVII fanboy, but it is quite a forgettable game without the extra character inclusions, and even then, it still doesnt make for anything special. A disconnected story and weak mechanics cant be excused just because it had some fan service.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.