360 or PS3

#1 Posted by metalsnakezero (2288 posts) -

I'm planing on buy it but I was wondering which version I should get? From some videos the loading on the PS3 is a lot faster than 360. What do you say?

#2 Posted by Do_The_Manta_Ray (569 posts) -

I make it a habit to usually go PS3 over 360 on a multi-platform release that doesn't include the PC. With a few exceptions, it tends to have a slightly better framerate. Either case; got my copy of El Shaddai on the PS3 earlier today, and it's running smooth as a baby's bottom. (For the sake of clarification, under no circumstance should you ever try to slide babies on their buttocks, or in any other way propell them through any space on the base of their smoothness.) A stunningly beautiful game where missing out on a single frame is a crime in itself!

In other words, don't know if it runs better on the PS3, but it sure does run great on it. Snappy loading times, great framerate.

#3 Posted by listerfeend (55 posts) -

I had some GameStop gift cards my relatives got me that were about to expire (every year I tell them: "AMAZON!" but they never listen) so I went to pick it up. I was probably going to get the PS3 version, but the store literally had ordered ONE COPY for each system, and had already sold the PS3 version. It was actually kind of sad.

#4 Edited by Sargus (723 posts) -

After playing through the 360 version, I think you should definitely look into the PS3 version. While it didn't ruin my overall experience, the 360 version has a bad stuttering issue in some areas (mostly later in the game) when you kill enemies (it's worse if you unlock an achievement when you kill them). I understand Ignition has said the PS3 version is better all around, so I'd go with that one.

#5 Edited by iDarktread (1206 posts) -
@metalsnakezero: PS3 had lead. 

Source

"Performance issues won’t be an issue for El Shaddai on the PlayStation 3. “It's always 60 FPS on PS3,” Bettenhausen explained, “and the controls just feel better. I always tell people that ‘by far, the lead SKU is PS3.’ It is a Japanese game, and in Japan, PlayStation is just so much more relevant than Xbox. It’s sold more than 10 times as many copies on PS3."
#6 Posted by Gunharp (336 posts) -

PS3 for sure.

#7 Posted by metalsnakezero (2288 posts) -

Thanks for the tips guys.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.