Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Apr 28, 2011

An action game in which the player takes on the role of Enoch, a virtuous mortal from Heaven who, in order to prevent a great flood, ventures to imprison the seven Fallen Angels that turned their back on God.

There will be an El Shaddai demo tomorrow.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By Icemael
    Link.

So yeah, there'll be a demo. I'm looking forward to seeing what this game is all about. I hope it's good... the press demos have made it seem pretty shallow and boring.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64

Is it coming to NA 360's tomorrow?  The page doesn't say.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Cool, looking forward to trying the game out. It looks really interesting from what I've seen.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By SlightConfuse

i assume its for japan only. time to break out the japanese PSN account

Sanious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sanious
    sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sameeeeam
    @slightconfuse said:
    " i assume its for japan only. time to break out the japanese PSN account "
    Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By Catolf
    @Underachiever007 said:
    " @slightconfuse said:
    " i assume its for japan only. time to break out the japanese PSN account "
    "
    Downloading now ^^
    Sanious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sanious

I decided to make a Japanese Live Account because I'm really, really excited for this game. I've played the demo twice so far.

I'm really digging what I played so far.

The graphics are very, very visually pleasing. It's a very nice game to look at. Although sometimes it can be a little confusing when it comes to the 3d platforming bits. But that seemed pretty minor in the demo.

The story seems pretty interesting and it's one of the main things that drew me into the game in the first place.

Some people are finding it difficult, I don't think it's too bad and I think it's kind of forgiving when it comes to the 'revive' mechanic. Once you get a hold on how the enemies play and if you're patient you should do pretty fine. It's definitely not a mashing friendly game. You have to be on your guard because while you're attacking one enemy the other one will not hesitate to attack you. The combat feels really nice, it flows well together and is cinematically pleasing as well. Definitely seems there will be a lot to work with when it comes down to it. 

This demo definitely didn't help the wait for this games release date.
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Icemael

I downloaded the demo last night. It was... mediocre. The combat was stiff, slow and shallow, and the environments really didn't look especially pretty. After playing this, I've lost the little interest I had in the game.

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Catolf
    @Icemael said:
    " I downloaded the demo last night. It was... mediocre. The combat was stiff, slow and shallow, and the environments really didn't look especially pretty. After playing this, I've lost the little interest I had in the game. "
    I'm blown away that you didn't like the environments, it was the best part of the game right there, it was gorgeous
    TheLeamenator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By TheLeamenator
    @Icemael: What?! The areas and their art design is beautiful. And the combat is actually surprisingly deeper than one would expect with only one attack button. I can't believe that you feel the way you do. Then again, I don't know you. So, whatever.
    BoringK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#12  Edited By BoringK

There's a demo on XBLM for NA now. Currently downloading.

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By Slaker117
    @BoringK: Thanks for sharing. I'll have to check this out for myself now.

EDIT: Eh. I guess I could see people being really into this game, but I don't like it all that much. It has some interesting visuals and that's about it.
    jmfinamore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By jmfinamore

Demo is up on PSN (US). Was really looking forward to seeing what this was all about. The graphics and art were looked great. Loved the overall style, the finger snaps at scene cuts are an awesome touch. Gameplay wise, it was okay. I find the platforming to be a pain, both the 3D and 2D sections. The combat was simple with a bit of depth and felt good, but I did find it a bit difficult to understand when I was supposed to be blocking.  

I'd like to play more...maybe for around $10?

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BBQBram

I'm on the fence on this game, unfortunately for me it seems the demo is not available in Europe. I love the art style and the premise but I need to know if the combat is worthwhile. Doesn't need to be Ninja Gaiden or anything, just more than a button masher.

Avatar image for wandering_idiot
    Wandering_Idiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By Wandering_Idiot

@BBQBram said:

I'm on the fence on this game, unfortunately for me it seems the demo is not available in Europe. I love the art style and the premise but I need to know if the combat is worthwhile. Doesn't need to be Ninja Gaiden or anything, just more than a button masher.

There seem to be a surprising amount of depth considering there's only one attack button. Different combinations of charging the attack, starting from ground or air, and attacking while holding block do different things, different weapons change all your attack and dodge types, there's a disarm system that will probably become fairly tactical, since you can only carry one weapon at a time and have to use the one you take, and there's some system with a weapon corruption/limit break thing I don't really understand yet. It's fun, I'm only worried it might become repetitive partway through the game once you've mastered it.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@Icemael said:

I downloaded the demo last night. It was... mediocre. The combat was stiff, slow and shallow, and the environments really didn't look especially pretty. After playing this, I've lost the little interest I had in the game.

But wait, weren't you telling me that I was wrong in criticising the game for being shallow around a month or two ago? Hmmm, it may not have been you but I know I had some discussion with someone where that happened.

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By ImperiousRix

Just downloaded the demo today. 
    I loved it.  The art style was great, the combat felt great once you get a handle of it and encourages a level of experimentation. 
    Probably will put up something with my full thoughts.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Icemael
    @SeriouslyNow said:

@Icemael said:

But wait, weren't you telling me that I was wrong in criticising the game for being shallow around a month or two ago? Hmmm, it may not have been you but I know I had some discussion with someone where that happened.

Not unless I'm suffering from amnesia. The game has always seemed shallow and mediocre to me.
    jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By jacdg

Really surprised with the demo, the game was initially on my radar after the giantbomb quick look, but I kinda forgot about it until I saw this thread last night, so the first thing I did today was download the demo and play it.

I love the look of the game, the graphical style is amazingly beautiful, especially the 2d stuff impressed me, along with the way the colors changed so seamlessly both in the 3D and 2D space. The combat felt nice, it was quite simple since there's only one attack button, but the there's some depth and fun "exploration" to it. I might buy it, if I ever find a place that sells the game here in Europe, it's seems like a very unique experience, I just hope the story is okay.

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Catolf

But it looks like I'll have to re-download the demo to play it in english, I wasn't aware till now the english one was available.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.