Would Like to See Giant Bomb Review This.

#1 Posted by Scigrex14 (83 posts) -

I would be very interested in Giant Bomb reviewing this game. It would be a good thing for them to highlight a game that may go under peoples radars.

#2 Posted by Robinson (170 posts) -

Indeed!

#3 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

Definitely. I've already made up my mind and decided to pick it up, but it would be nice to get the game some more press. They could certainly use it.

#4 Posted by supermike6 (3556 posts) -

I'm pretty sure there's a 100% chance they're gonna review this. Not only have they already done pre-release coverage, but I've seen a bunch of ads around for this game, meaning enough people will be interested in it to warrant a review. 

#5 Posted by Duffyside (888 posts) -

This game is getting great reviews. I don't see why Giant Bomb wouldn't review it themselves: it's a slow-ass week.

#6 Posted by Gunharp (337 posts) -

@Duffyside said:

This game is getting great reviews. I don't see why Giant Bomb wouldn't review it themselves: it's a slow-ass week.

Yeah I kinda get annoyed when they are all "no games are out, slow news, etc." and they leave a game review option in the dust. Maybe @MattBodega: will do it. But GB is all about getting that review out in the right window, I think if they were going to do one it would be up by now.

#7 Posted by zombie2011 (4972 posts) -

yeah, i mean it's not like they have anything else to review.

#8 Posted by RE_Player1 (7558 posts) -

I bet Brad or Ryan will review it.

#9 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

THANKS I'LL LET THE TEAM KNOW

#10 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Why review a game that might go under people's radar? Review one that will. I demand a Solatorobo review, or at least a Quick Look of the damn thing.

#11 Posted by JJOR64 (18942 posts) -

Sure. Why not?

#12 Posted by Masha2932 (1241 posts) -

Sure. But i'd be happy with a quick look as well.

#13 Posted by jorbear (2517 posts) -

I really, really hope they give this game the time it deserves. It looks great and I enjoyed the demo.

#14 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

@supermike6 said:

I'm pretty sure there's a 100% chance they're gonna review this. Not only have they already done pre-release coverage, but I've seen a bunch of ads around for this game, meaning enough people will be interested in it to warrant a review.

What ads? Heh...

#15 Posted by horseman6 (386 posts) -

It would be nice to see a quicklook and I'm sure well see one within a few days. I played about an hour of it and absolutely despise it so far. I guess it's pretty but that's about it, the combat and gameplay are very bad.

#16 Posted by Masha2932 (1241 posts) -
#17 Posted by MEATBALL (3169 posts) -

I too would like to see Giant Bomb's Jeff Gerstmann give this game 1 star.

#18 Posted by Nictel (2402 posts) -

Ah I totally forgot about this game! It looked interestingly enough in the QL.

#19 Posted by Yummylee (21479 posts) -

It looks incredible, some of the best graphics I've seen this year, artistically speaking. Couldn't of been released at a worse time, though, when I'm trying to scrounge together my Fall release funds.

#20 Posted by RainVillain (480 posts) -

They didn't mention it on I love mondays.. so I'm doubtful, but I hope so!

#21 Edited by Rudeboy217 (1766 posts) -

I really dig the look of the game so yeah, I hope it gets reviewed.

#22 Posted by atomic_dumpling (2467 posts) -

Of course not. Websites don't need content, that's crazy.

#23 Posted by Marz (5648 posts) -

After they review the Witcher 2!!!!!!!

#24 Posted by Catolf (2653 posts) -
@MEATBALL said:

I too would like to see Giant Bomb's Jeff Gerstmann give this game 1 star.

Boom!

This game is too hard for giantbomb.
#25 Posted by csl316 (8374 posts) -

Maybe they'll cover it after Dog Football.

Would be nice to have a follow up to the Quick Look, though, and someone expressed some interest in playing it on the Bombcast.

#26 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6197 posts) -

They should probably have something by next week.

#27 Posted by kitsune_conundrum (1202 posts) -

they should review the jeans and see if their any good.

#28 Posted by WickedCobra03 (2103 posts) -

@zombie2011 said:

yeah, i mean it's not like they have anything else to review.

Yeah, thats what I am kind of hoping for, that they are just looking to put a review up. But I am generally really interested, but it has gotten mixed reviews... and its not $20 like Deadly Premonition was either... :\

#29 Posted by Do_The_Manta_Ray (628 posts) -

I finally got my copy of the game just earlier today, praise be to region-free sony devices! While I've unfortunately also got to work, I had pre-noon off and managed to squeeze an hour in during an extended lunch-break. (I'm sorry, boss, it was a matter of life and death. Things were just flooding down, a literal hell.)

I'm really enjoying the game, thus far; the aesthetics can, at times, almost be a sensory overload, but rather than be frustrating, it does wonders for your mood. The absolutely masterly use of music and subdued background noises add to the experience in such a way that what seems like a thousand incompatible elements suddenly make sense. The entire game to me, reminds me most of a beautiful water-colour painting. Plus, gameplay's a shitload of fun.

Seems to me like the kind of game that would have Alex and Brad drooling.

#30 Posted by alternate (2694 posts) -

Ryan said on twitter that they didn't get an advance copy and might pick it up this week. 

I know ignition is small but after promoting Deadly Premonition and doing a QL EX I think this is a bit off.  Go tell @shanewatch on twitter to stop being a dick :D

#31 Posted by UnlivedPhalanx (475 posts) -

@bigmuffpi said:

They didn't mention it on I love mondays.. so I'm doubtful, but I hope so!

Just spoke to Jeff on Twitter about this. I'll link to his own words but the skinny is: yes but they didn't send a review copy.

Here's the exact quote:

@jeffgerstmannJeff Gerstmann

@TXCasper They didn't send one out, we'll probably pick up El Shaddai at some point.

#32 Posted by hermes (1404 posts) -

Yes... I am waiting for them to review it or mention it on the bombcast.  

Its odd that its taking them as long. The game has seen some coverage and this have been a pretty slow week...

#33 Posted by Spectreman (232 posts) -

If GB gives a low score I accept. Only IGN don´t have this right because they are stupid. Serious.

#34 Posted by Little_Socrates (5675 posts) -

Well, if someone played it, we'll find out on the Bombcast, but there's no official review or new QL mentioned on this week's ILM.

#35 Posted by Tan (425 posts) -

Yeah I find it weird there's no review considering they did a Quick Look EX..

#36 Posted by just_nonplussed (127 posts) -

El Shaddai just came out in Europe. I got it a few days ago. It's a really amazing and unique experience. Giant Bomb should have a review by now and talk about it a little bit. It's been getting 9s across the board generally. It's sad - I went to the game shop and there were like 3 copies on the shelves, and I had to really dig around for it. Just like Shadow of the Damned, original games are bombing. It's worse than its ever been before.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.