E3 2011 - EA Press Conference Discussion

#1 Edited by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -

created by bonorbitz, winner of the EA E3 2011 Banner Challenge!

Welcome to the E3 2011 EA Press Conference Discussion!

Hello my fellow Giant Bomb-ers! Unless you have been kidnapped by pirates with no TV, phone or Internet access, you know that E3 2011 is upon us. Going with tradition, each of the major three platform companies along with a few of the biggest publishers will be giving press conferences to discuss the past, present and future of their company and the video game industry as a whole. To make the Giant Bomb community more orderly and easier to navigate, we have created an official "sticky" thread for each of the press conferences. This thread is dedicated to the discussion of everyone's general feelings/opinions/thoughts of the EA press conference.

Keep Discussion On-Topic!

This thread is solely for the general discussion of the EA press conference. What does this mean? Well...

• Only discussion of the EA press conference is allowed. Please keep discussion of the other press conferences in their respective stickied threads.
  • No off-topic discussion at any time. Want to talk about the NBA or Stanley Cup Finals? Do so in other threads.

Any posts/discussions found in this thread that do not directly relate to the generality of the EA press conference will result in the guilty user(s) being sent a PM by one of the moderators.

Specific Announcements

Naturally with any E3, there will be a lot of specific announcements that you would like to discuss with your fellow users in the Giant Bomb community. We certainly welcome this enthusiasm and drive. However, we want this thread to only be about the overall general discussion of the EA press conference. We ask you to direct all threads/posts/discussions of specific announcements in the forums where they belong. You can learn best how to do this in our E3 2011 and You! thread tutorial.

Game Forums

As with specific announcement, we would like for you to not get caught up in deep discussions of individual games in this thread. Instead, we direct you to take those discussions into their respective forums(again, you can learn more about this in the aforementioned E3 2011 and You! thread). Don't forget, please don't overload the EA forum with discussions of individual games. Breaking either of these rules will also result in the guilty user(s) being sent a PM by one of the moderators.

Some EA press conference related forums you might want to use:

*New announcements

General Rules & Guidelines

Even during the week of full throttle shenanigans knows as E3, the normal rules and guidelines of the Giant Bomb community still apply. You can update yourself on the forum and wiki rules by visiting the Giant Bomb FAQ thread. In there, you can learn about all of the rules and proper instructions for the forums and Wiki. The sequence of punishments for breaking these rules still apply as well.

Live Streams

You can watch the EA press conference on SpikeTV or on the following live streams:

#2 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -

The EA thread is now open!

#3 Posted by FrankCanada97 (4039 posts) -

My body is ready for BF3.

#4 Posted by Tactical_Kill (1695 posts) -

EA's conference wasn't that bad last year. Should at least be much better than Microsoft's.

#5 Posted by Metal_Mills (2997 posts) -

BF3 and TOR already make it a better conference than MS.

#6 Posted by Redbullet685 (6044 posts) -
@Metal_Mills said:

BF3 and TOR already make it a better conference than MS.

Yup.
#7 Posted by AuthenticM (3732 posts) -

@FrankCanada97 said:

My body is ready for BF3.

My body is aching for BF3.

#8 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -

I want to see a little bit of more BF 3 campaign, but a lot of the multiplayer.

#9 Posted by Mushir (2389 posts) -

Really excited to see some more SSX.

#10 Posted by TepidShark (1059 posts) -

Interested to see what the Insomniac multi platform game is. Obviously it has to be something new because Sony owns the rights to all the franchises they have created before.

#11 Posted by General_D23 (1201 posts) -

Ready for some more ME3 and SWTOR!

Interested in seeing more SSX and Battlefield 3, too.

#12 Posted by Redbullet685 (6044 posts) -

Can't wait to see BF3!

#13 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -
#14 Edited by gike987 (1755 posts) -

I hope we see some SSX gameplay. I have been playing SSX 3 emulated on my PC the whole week, it is still a great game.

#15 Posted by Sjupp (1910 posts) -

BATTLEFIELD MOTHERFUCKING THREE

#16 Posted by Druminator (1678 posts) -

Just woke up, too much too handle!!

#17 Posted by ricetopher (1046 posts) -

Always most hyped for EA conference, they don't have any hardware to push so its all games.

#18 Posted by A_Dog (744 posts) -

Fifa 12!

#19 Posted by FrankCanada97 (4039 posts) -

Is Spike TV also airing this live?

#20 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

Can't wait for ncaa and

The new TOR trailer, last 2 we're awesome

#21 Posted by rmanthorp (3950 posts) -

Mass 3 and ToR HYPPPEE!!!

#22 Posted by DrDarkStryfe (1118 posts) -

Yeah, Spike has the EA conference.

My guess is that we will see an on stage of Battlefield 3, an in depth of that mysterious fourth EA Sports Kinect title, and a longer look at Mass Effect 3.

#23 Posted by BRNK (307 posts) -

Battlefield 3, indeed!

#24 Posted by Slaker117 (4842 posts) -

Good thing about publisher press confesses: they're about games.

Expect for Ubi. But that doesn't count.

#25 Posted by BeachThunder (11945 posts) -

"Only discussion of the Konami press conference is allowed."
:o :(

#26 Posted by Marz (5653 posts) -

Yah, what i really know is how the multiplayer is looking at this point in BF3.   Showing single player will sucker in people to buy it with fancy setpieces, but the people who are gonna stick around and play the game are going to want to see the multiplayer.

#27 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -

@FrankCanada97 said:

Is Spike TV also airing this live?

Yes, they are airing that one as well. The other press conferences will be on G4TV.

#28 Posted by RedRoach (1191 posts) -
@FrankCanada97: spike is airing EA, and G4 will have the rest of the conferences.
#29 Posted by TepidShark (1059 posts) -

Do you think we will hear about the Respawn game?

#30 Posted by Gav47 (1542 posts) -
@TepidShark said:

It would be cool if they did but I'm not getting my hopes up.
#31 Posted by TheSmashing (313 posts) -

Battlefield 3. Nothing else matters.

#32 Posted by TepidShark (1059 posts) -

@Gav47 said:

@TepidShark said:

It would be cool if they did but I'm not getting my hopes up.

We do know that we will hear about the Insomniac multi platform game. I really want to know what that is.

#33 Posted by Steve_C (1751 posts) -

Mirror's Edge 2. I can feel it.

I'll keep wishing it every year until it happens.

#34 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -

@SmashingTimes said:

Mass Effect 3 matters.

#35 Posted by MjHealy (1852 posts) -

Battlefield 3 and Mass Effect 3 should be exciting pieces of business. Apart from that, I'm interested to see what they have coming up in the new Need for Speed. I know it's a bit much, since they put out Hot Pursuit last year, but I would love to see Criterion whip out Burnout 6.

#36 Posted by BeachThunder (11945 posts) -
@CitizenKane said:

@SmashingTimes said:

Mass Effect 3 matters.

>( go fix the OP, it still says Konami...

Anyway, can't wait for this conference, seems like there will be some interesting stuff...
#37 Posted by TepidShark (1059 posts) -

John Riccitiello is about to take no prisoners, son!

#38 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -

@BeachThunder: Fixed ^__^

#39 Posted by FrankCanada97 (4039 posts) -

Just heard they're showing some tank gameplay for BF3.

#40 Posted by RedSox8933 (2428 posts) -

I have no idea what to expect from EA in terms of new announcements.

#41 Posted by Hourai (2795 posts) -

At the very least, it'll probably be better than Ubisoft's.

#42 Posted by FrankCanada97 (4039 posts) -

It's on!

#43 Posted by Tactical_Kill (1695 posts) -

Here we go!

#44 Posted by FrankCanada97 (4039 posts) -

Mass Effect 3 up first.

#45 Posted by General_D23 (1201 posts) -

Woo! Let's do this!

#46 Posted by Hourai (2795 posts) -

It starts!

#47 Edited by Gearhead (2251 posts) -

Why can't I just buy a EA console because they have more games I want than Microsoft.

#48 Posted by Crono11 (1650 posts) -

I need new pants already!

#49 Posted by Tactical_Kill (1695 posts) -

Now this is how you do a trailer!!!

#50 Posted by Hourai (2795 posts) -

short trailer ;_;

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.