E3 2012 - EA Press Conference Discussion

#251 Posted by Totori (559 posts) -

ehh that was kinda an uneventful show

#252 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5137 posts) -

So I guess this means the Respawn game is on the next generation?

#253 Posted by LiquidPrince (15836 posts) -

Wow that was pretty short. Or it flew by.

#254 Posted by Jimbo (9769 posts) -

Dam explosions have come a long way since Commandos 1.

#255 Posted by Tactical_Kill (1695 posts) -

Well, it was certainly better than Microsoft's press conference so I'll give them that.

#256 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -

Not many games to my taste, but not a bad conference.

#257 Edited by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

No Mirrors Edge 2. :(

But Futuristic bows!

#258 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Not bad! some really neat looking games there.

#259 Posted by masterpaperlink (1829 posts) -

WHERES MIRRORS EDGE???

#260 Posted by Jimbo (9769 posts) -

Not bad. 7/10

#261 Posted by doobie (605 posts) -

@LiquidPrince said:

Looks like more Crysis. I was never a fan but I still ended up owning both games on PC...

what the fuck did you expect it to look like.

#262 Posted by Marokai (2790 posts) -

Pretty standard EA fare, you either like the games they announced or you didn't, but there was nothing really crazy either way. Dead Space 3 looks incredibly disappointing, Sim City and NFS look rad. It balances out overall. A decent press conference, if not very shocking in any way.

#263 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

The lack of surprises so far is kind of disappointing. Everything seems to be pretty much by the book and super sequel heavy.

#264 Posted by LiquidPrince (15836 posts) -

All that remains... Sony to bring in the wow factor. Otherwise pretty much every game seems to be a sequel so far. Not bad by any means, but you know.

#265 Posted by kogasu (148 posts) -

Yeah, the whole show was very......meh but then again, I've never really played that many EA games.

#266 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

EA getting the UFC license is crazy considereding Dana White had some choice words about ea in the past, also the THQ games are really good so they have to proove themselves.

Did not see hot pursit but Razor needs to br back

Crysis looks really cool

Was hoping for some dragon age

#267 Posted by SockemJetpack (407 posts) -

Dead Space 3 becomes a different game (meaning it becomes the same as every other 3rd person shooter)

Free to play and Social Game was only mentioned twice... interesting.

Modern Military Shooters are back in a big way!

Sports!

NFS looked great and the new Simcity looked alright as well. Also bows.

#268 Posted by masterpaperlink (1829 posts) -

I think till this generation ends its up to Nintendo to bring the crazy

#269 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7613 posts) -

EA: "We hope you like shooters and sports games!"

Nothing looked particularly bad (except Old Republic) but aside from Sim City, I didn't care about anything being shown.

#270 Posted by MjHealy (1817 posts) -

Everyone (like myself) are being cynical but I saw a couple of positives but a mostly passable press conference. Medal of Honor is graphically impressive but looks very generic at that. I had my fill of Crysis after 2 and I have never really been a Dead Space guy. I thought the Most Wanted demo looked great (as I thought) and Sim City seems to be looking good for who it's aiming for.

#271 Posted by jaxxall (1 posts) -

oh sweet jesus. EA conference was beyond amazing! Crysis 3 looked awesome too.

#272 Posted by Triumvir (446 posts) -

The last two conferences were pretty end-of-generation.

#273 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5137 posts) -

There better at least be a reference to Razor in Most Wanted...

#274 Edited by Pezen (1550 posts) -

As I noted in the chat, I am truly excited about the prospect of a EA Sports developed UFC game. Because I am one who really preferred a lot of the systems used in the EA MMA game. Both on a training/career aspect but also from a gameplay perspective. Especially the fight stick system. Part of the same reason why I really preferred Skate over Tony Hawk when Skate first came out. It just feels more natural. I'm undecided about how I feel about the games comparatively speaking on a graphics style perspective, since some aspects of EA MMA feels.. cartoony. But some things such as the muscle definition when you move around is far beyond anything Juke's/THQ put out there.

Aside from UFC, there was not a ton of things to my interest on the show, other than perhaps Sim City which looked pretty damn good. But it's a franchise I always think I'll enjoy until I play it and I realize I don't necessarily want that level of micro management. But, who knows, maybe I need to check that out.

Oh, also, the Old Republic stuff was awkward.

#275 Posted by DrDarkStryfe (1079 posts) -

The Old Republic will be fully free to play by the end of summer. They are throwing a ton of content out to sate the fans, but they are not getting any new people to play.

#276 Posted by Positrark (315 posts) -

Everything looked competently made, but I was pretty much bored the whole time. Hey we basically took all our current franchises and made another sequel. The low point was the MOH demo which was basically every modern millitary shooter demo cliche from the past 4 years stuffed into one 6 minute long clip.

#277 Posted by Subjugation (4716 posts) -

I honestly, for whatever strange reason, really thought that they would finally reveal Mirrors Edge 2. I'm crestfallen. Instead we got more shooters. I hate this so much.

#278 Posted by Giefcookie (580 posts) -

The SWToR stuff was the interesting bit, but no amount of stuff will make me pay for a subsciption fee again.

#279 Posted by dj_b_rock (10 posts) -

Anybody else disappointed by Dead Space 3?

#280 Posted by SuperiorArmbar (32 posts) -

@SlightConfuse said:

EA getting the UFC license is crazy considereding Dana White had some choice words about ea in the past, also the THQ games are really good so they have to proove themselves.

I thought EA MMA was a pretty good game, I liked it more than the THQ games so I was pretty happy about this announcement

#281 Posted by MonkeyKing1969 (2535 posts) -

I don't mind MMA, but I hate Dana White. He seems to love acting like a giant tool/dude-bro, but I guess he's not acting. He is a giant 'skid mark' on the pair of tighty whities that is America.

#282 Posted by JohnLocke (248 posts) -

Some great games on show from EA yesterday, I think they perhaps took second place behind Ubisoft in terms of my excitement for what was on show. Need for Speed looks fantastic, Medal of Honor and Crysis both shined and I did not really expect either to interest me given their previous incarnations. My only real issue with EA was Dead Space 3 and how it feels like it is turning into a brodude fest (i.e. the language and discussions, something I have not seen in this series before). Also with the machine gun it kind of felt like a step towards Gears of War/Lost Planet type gameplay of lots of action and less scares. Could be wrong, but this does not seem like a Dead Space game. However the visuals were superb so I will give credit where it is due.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.