EA Genesis Collection

Posted by Colorwind (157 posts) -

Wouldn’t it be cool if Electronic Arts released a collection of games they made for the Sega Genesis? The early 90s was one of the most creative periods for EA and they certainly weren’t the evil mega publisher they are today. The made some hardcore and weird games during this time and I would love to see a collection of them all in one place. If they were to assemble a bunch of games for this, here’s what I think should be in that compilation:

1. King's Bounty
  2. Blades of Vengeance
  3. The Immortal
  4. Road Rash
  5. Road Rash II
  6. Road Rash III
  7. Budokan: The Martial Spirt
  8. General Chaos
  9. James Pond
  10. James Pond 2
  11. James Pond 3
  12. The Aquatic Games
  13. B.O.B.
  14. Fatal Rewind
  15. Desert Strike
  16. Jungle Strike
  17. Urban Strike
  18. Haunting
  19. Toughman Contest
  20. Lotus Turbo Challenge
  21. Lotus II: RECS
  22. Risky Woods
  23. TechnoClash
  24. Mutant League Football
  25. Mutant League Hockey

One thing I should address: I don’t know if including old sports games from that time, like Madden NFL ‘94, NHL Hockey, FIFA International Soccer, NBA Live ‘95 and PGA Tour Golf, would be possible. I know EA still has the licenses to these sports but I don’t know what the deal is with the players, older team designs and other semantic issues. If they can include these games, I would say include one per sport.

Anywho, what games would you like to see on a collection of EA Genesis games? Remember: they have to have been released on the Sega Genesis. If there’s a port of it on another console, that’s fine but the Genesis version will be the one used! Leave your suggestions in comments down below!

#1 Posted by Colorwind (157 posts) -

Wouldn’t it be cool if Electronic Arts released a collection of games they made for the Sega Genesis? The early 90s was one of the most creative periods for EA and they certainly weren’t the evil mega publisher they are today. The made some hardcore and weird games during this time and I would love to see a collection of them all in one place. If they were to assemble a bunch of games for this, here’s what I think should be in that compilation:

1. King's Bounty
  2. Blades of Vengeance
  3. The Immortal
  4. Road Rash
  5. Road Rash II
  6. Road Rash III
  7. Budokan: The Martial Spirt
  8. General Chaos
  9. James Pond
  10. James Pond 2
  11. James Pond 3
  12. The Aquatic Games
  13. B.O.B.
  14. Fatal Rewind
  15. Desert Strike
  16. Jungle Strike
  17. Urban Strike
  18. Haunting
  19. Toughman Contest
  20. Lotus Turbo Challenge
  21. Lotus II: RECS
  22. Risky Woods
  23. TechnoClash
  24. Mutant League Football
  25. Mutant League Hockey

One thing I should address: I don’t know if including old sports games from that time, like Madden NFL ‘94, NHL Hockey, FIFA International Soccer, NBA Live ‘95 and PGA Tour Golf, would be possible. I know EA still has the licenses to these sports but I don’t know what the deal is with the players, older team designs and other semantic issues. If they can include these games, I would say include one per sport.

Anywho, what games would you like to see on a collection of EA Genesis games? Remember: they have to have been released on the Sega Genesis. If there’s a port of it on another console, that’s fine but the Genesis version will be the one used! Leave your suggestions in comments down below!

#2 Posted by AlisterCat (5722 posts) -

Desert Strike was WAY too hard. For me when I was 7 anyway. I don't remember any other EA games.

#3 Posted by TheUnsavedHero (1247 posts) -

WHERE THE HECK IS SKITCHIN'?!?!?!

In all seriousness, I played that game a lot back in the day. So stupid, but holy hell was it fun.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.