EA gives a dude a BF2142 CD key for free!

#1 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

This is a screenshot of the EA Live Chat Support line: http://i.imgur.com/9RH3v.jpg 

I think that's fucking awesome! They just gave the guy a free serial and said it was on the house xD

#2 Posted by intoblivion (314 posts) -

5 year old game, raises that dudes opinion about EA, might make him buy Battlefield 3, good publicity. 

I can see why they did 

#3 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:

This is a screenshot of the EA Live Chat Support line: http://i.imgur.com/9RH3v.jpg  I think that's fucking awesome! They just gave the guy a free serial and said it was on the house xD

The game is near free now anyways. Its super cheap dude. But now I wanna go re download it...
#4 Posted by c0l0nelp0c0rn1 (1809 posts) -

I think we should be asking why BF2142 was being played at a LAN party, not whether or not EA would do that.

#5 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -

That was... Actually pretty awesome.

#6 Posted by Surkov (992 posts) -

It's awesome when customer service is useful.  

#7 Posted by ShaneDev (1696 posts) -
@c0l0nelp0c0rn1 said:
I think we should be asking why BF2142 was being played at a LAN party, not whether or not EA would do that.
Well firstly 2142 is great and secondly, guys at my college play BF games over LAN all the time, even BF Vietnam. 
#8 Posted by HarlequinRiot (1098 posts) -

Ugh so now they're buying people off to use their shitty online service? Typical EA. 

(/typicalforumguy)

#9 Edited by MattyFTM (14415 posts) -

Now that this is out on the internet, how long is it going to be before hundreds of people try to claim the same thing happened to them, and EA stop doing this because people are being dicks and abusing their generosity? I give it an hour or two. 3 at most.

#10 Posted by GreggD (4507 posts) -

That is pretty cool.

#11 Posted by Toms115 (2316 posts) -

remember when sony set up that blog and pretended to be a kid who was excited about the psp?  

/cynic

#12 Posted by GreggD (4507 posts) -

@Toms115 said:

remember when sony set up that blog and pretended to be a kid who was excited about the psp? /cynic

I was that kid.

/impostor

#13 Posted by Toms115 (2316 posts) -
@GreggD said:

@Toms115 said:

remember when sony set up that blog and pretended to be a kid who was excited about the psp? /cynic

I was that kid.

/impostor

i thought it was you

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.