EA in the running for Worst company in America

• 60 results
#51 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

If they beat Bank of America than I've lost faith in humanity.

#52 Posted by ManMadeGod (1578 posts) -

Of course an internet poll has EA being the number one or two. Would love to see someone try to justify how they moved past AT&T. I'm sure most people that voted don't even pay a phone bill.

#53 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -
@Garfield518 said:

Via user voting.

Yeah, we don't want things like facts and actual numbers getting in the way of something called the "Worst Company in America."

Customer feedback.  Capitalism.  You know, the basic tenets of America. 
#54 Posted by Radar (893 posts) -

Voted in by jaded consumers. There are MUCH worse companies out there doing bad things (aside from ruining media franchises).

#55 Posted by Twinsun (484 posts) -

I miss the days of Bobby Kotick spewing his bile. Now there was a villain!

#56 Posted by NaDannMaGoGo (338 posts) -

Well if a gaming company deserves this award then certainly EA. I hate Activision and other Publishers too but let's keep it real, none has done remotely as much shit as EA.

#57 Posted by Jay444111 (2441 posts) -

@Dogma said:

@Morrow said:

I think EA has mainly been nominated because of the ME 3 ending debacle...

That wasthe exact thing I was about to say. This feel like yet another backlash against Mass Effect 3. Nerd unite and lash out on that that they hate the most at the moment.

Yet even then. It has nothing to do with EA other than the game from being sold. Bioware managed to fuck that one up by themselves judging by all reports.

EA really hasn't done anything bad at all, just dumbasses thinking that makes THEM money=evil. Well, Atlus must be the devil then!

#58 Posted by CptBedlam (4453 posts) -

Congratulations, EA! *claps*

#59 Posted by qawsed (144 posts) -

BoA pays $3 billion to settle charges of misrepresenting securities

BoA pays $8.5 billion to settle charges of defrauding investors

BoA pays $8.4 billion to settle charges of illegal foreclosures and lying about loan terms

BoA pays $108 million to settle fee overcharges

BoA pays $624 million to settle charges of defrauding NY pension funds

BoA pays $??? million to settle charges of defrauding CA pension funds

BoA pays $410 million to settle charges of bogus overdraft fees

BoA pays $400 million to settle charges of defrauding investors

BoA pays $1.1 billion to settle charges of defrauding insurer

BoA pays $? billion to settle charges of forging documents

BoA/exec pay $75 million to settle insider trading and fraud charges

BoA faces $10 billion settlement for defrauding insurer

BoA faces $2 billion settlement for defrauding insurer

EA offers $10 DLC to customers

#60 Posted by ShadowSkill11 (1783 posts) -

Uh... no News Corp, Haliburton, British Petroleum, Goldman Sacks, KBR, etc? EA may have some shitty consumer policies but they don't poison the minds of stupid/old people, poison the planet, steal retirement funds, or massively overcharge the government for services at war.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.