'EA Indie Bundle' - Worth it?

#1 Posted by BeachThunder (11719 posts) -
#2 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

I love oxymorons.

That said, seems a bit expensive, unless you like yourself some deathspank.

#3 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

I wouldn't pay 20 dollars to buy those mediocre "can do without" games, if that's what you're asking.

#4 Edited by MooseyMcMan (10552 posts) -

Wait, if the games are published by EA, then they're not exactly independent games...

And yeah, with the possible exception of the Shank games (what I played of the first one was at least fun, but I didn't buy it, just played the demo), this seems like a not great deal.

Edit: Yeah, sounds like a bum deal. If you liked Shank I, then just buy Shank II, must be way cheaper on its own.

#5 Posted by jking47 (1209 posts) -

Seems a bit pricey to me.

Also, EA indie games? I am pretty sure thats not how that works.....

#6 Posted by LordAndrew (14424 posts) -

Can't get any more indie than that. There's not even one game in the bundle that I want. If there was, at least they're also individually discounted.

#7 Posted by Ben_H (3316 posts) -

Both expensive and "meh" so not really worth it.

#8 Posted by Deathmachine117 (377 posts) -

The price does not bother me as much as the quite mediocre selection.

#9 Posted by iAmJohn (6110 posts) -

@Deathmachine117 said:

The price does not bother me as much as the quite mediocre selection.

Yup.

#10 Posted by NegativeCero (2976 posts) -

No thanks to that. Sort of off topic, but do the actual indie bundles still donate to charity? Or am I imagining that? If so, maybe EA should try that.

#11 Posted by Kidavenger (3512 posts) -

I bought it, I like Deathspank, and I've wanted to try Shank and Warp, not the greatest deal, but if you are interested in these games already, not bad at all.

#12 Posted by SamFo (1523 posts) -

I also thought the point of Indie Bundles was to give some of the money to charity?

#13 Posted by yoshisaur (2667 posts) -

I don't get it, if EA is publishing those titles, how does it enter in the "Indie" market?

#14 Posted by LordAndrew (14424 posts) -

@SamFo said:

I also thought the point of Indie Bundles was to give some of the money to charity?

This is just your typical Steam bundle, the point of which is to give money to publishers. Pretty sneaky of EA to name it like this.

#15 Posted by BeachThunder (11719 posts) -

@SamFo said:

All the money is going to charity - The John Riccitiello Bank Account Charity.

Anyway, I'll probably just pick up Shank 2 and maybe Gatling Gears.

#16 Posted by Phatmac (5723 posts) -

The words Indie and EA shouldn't be in a sentence in a good way. I'm not really interested either way.

#17 Posted by BeachThunder (11719 posts) -

Interesting article about EA using the word 'indie' from RPS

#18 Posted by drGiggless (222 posts) -

I wouldn't pay $5 for this.

#19 Posted by Tennmuerti (8012 posts) -

I can get behind the first Shank.
But that's about it.

#20 Posted by Icemo (642 posts) -

@NegativeCero said:

No thanks to that. Sort of off topic, but do the actual indie bundles still donate to charity? Or am I imagining that? If so, maybe EA should try that.

As it was previously stated, Steam indie bundles don't give money to charity, but Humble Indie Bundle is the only indie bundle that I can think of that gives money to charity.

By the way, check out the current Humble Bundle, you get Botanicula, Machinarium, Samorost 2 and more for prize that depends on your morality.

#21 Posted by bibamatt (1086 posts) -

@SamFo: No, that was just a precedent set by the Humble Bundle. Every other 'Indie Bundle' has just ridden on the back of that, but there's been plenty of other bundles that are nothing other than that; a bundle of indie games.

#22 Posted by whyareyoucrouchingspock (975 posts) -

Naw, most of the games aren't very good imo.

Better picking up Warhog, steep learning curve but very rewarding.

#23 Edited by TwoLines (2789 posts) -

I'd pay 3-5 bucks for that bundle. 20? Nope. Also, "EA indie games" is an oxymoron.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.