EA Press Conference '10 thoughts.

Posted by Halberdierv2 (1877 posts) -

after quelling thoughts of boycotting EA, after their september dante's inferno fiasco, they started with a bang. 10 games.

NFS Hot pursut! finally sometihng impressive! a throwback to the old NFS on PSX with cop chases and all, plus, you can decide to BE the long arm of the law. 

Dead Space 2.. well, ive never actually played it, but it sounds as thrilling and bone-chilling as before, with gore a plenty. albeit the demo was on the messy side, and having the Door Loading times is not a good sign. but it looks great. 

Medal of Honor, running under the 24 player Demo, seems to take a big leaf from MW2 with its EXP system, but is solid.
unfortunately, I cant say anything about the gunclub  or the BF2 expansion, since my laptop unplugged, and has no battery.

im not much of an MMA fan, and the EA Live that needs to pay to use im not happy about, but the content, and the promise of Real-World prizes from  EA Sports MMA is a good value for money.

EA Sports Active Sports 2.... meh, same fodder in the fitness genre, but multiplatform and on Kinect, so its solid.

Madden '11. well, it is solid and has more, and gives more drama, I guess, but since Im not American, im not that big a fan. Joe Montana showed his face, tho respect for that..

Sims 3 was same old. now on console.

Crysis 2. not as graphically strong as the original, but now on all consoles. now with nanosuits! it looks good, with the concept of a DIY method of getting through levels, and 3D, for those with holes in their pockets.

Bulletstorm new concept..so they say, sounds overly macho to the extent where its laughable. the gameplay looks solid, though personally im not too keen on the psycho style of executions you are forced to make. then again, it looks like it wants to copy Gears of War a lot.

Star wars KOTOR was a short film, but enjoyable. you get your own ship, which seems to be a big thing here. you can choose light or dark side of the force. otherwise, not much revealed.

overall, much better than the Microsoft one, but wasnt groundbreakingly epic.
SPEAK!

#1 Posted by Halberdierv2 (1877 posts) -

after quelling thoughts of boycotting EA, after their september dante's inferno fiasco, they started with a bang. 10 games.

NFS Hot pursut! finally sometihng impressive! a throwback to the old NFS on PSX with cop chases and all, plus, you can decide to BE the long arm of the law. 

Dead Space 2.. well, ive never actually played it, but it sounds as thrilling and bone-chilling as before, with gore a plenty. albeit the demo was on the messy side, and having the Door Loading times is not a good sign. but it looks great. 

Medal of Honor, running under the 24 player Demo, seems to take a big leaf from MW2 with its EXP system, but is solid.
unfortunately, I cant say anything about the gunclub  or the BF2 expansion, since my laptop unplugged, and has no battery.

im not much of an MMA fan, and the EA Live that needs to pay to use im not happy about, but the content, and the promise of Real-World prizes from  EA Sports MMA is a good value for money.

EA Sports Active Sports 2.... meh, same fodder in the fitness genre, but multiplatform and on Kinect, so its solid.

Madden '11. well, it is solid and has more, and gives more drama, I guess, but since Im not American, im not that big a fan. Joe Montana showed his face, tho respect for that..

Sims 3 was same old. now on console.

Crysis 2. not as graphically strong as the original, but now on all consoles. now with nanosuits! it looks good, with the concept of a DIY method of getting through levels, and 3D, for those with holes in their pockets.

Bulletstorm new concept..so they say, sounds overly macho to the extent where its laughable. the gameplay looks solid, though personally im not too keen on the psycho style of executions you are forced to make. then again, it looks like it wants to copy Gears of War a lot.

Star wars KOTOR was a short film, but enjoyable. you get your own ship, which seems to be a big thing here. you can choose light or dark side of the force. otherwise, not much revealed.

overall, much better than the Microsoft one, but wasnt groundbreakingly epic.
SPEAK!

#2 Posted by abdo (1044 posts) -

Bulletstorm looked awesome. It left me speechless almost.

I had really lost hope on the NFS series, but it looks like they're going back to their roots, and things are looking good.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.